You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Curiousity Killed the Lightbulb

Real Ghost Stories

Curiousity Killed the Lightbulb

 

I was trying to fall asleep in my room, but the TV was too loud. I was way to lazy to get up and get the remote to lower the volume. But I finally got it somehow. When I lowered the volume and turned over on my side, the strangest thing happened. The volume went right back up again. I turned over and turned it down, but before I knew it, the little green bars on the screen went up. I don't believe in ghosts, but this was just starting to get freaky.

I put the lights on to make sure that if there was really any "ghosts", they would go away. So then, for the last time, I lowered the volume and waited. Now I think this ghost likes The Fresh Prince of Belair and wanted everyone to hear it. It turned up the volume all the way! It was so curious to know what's going to happen when Uncle Phil finds out that Will burned down the kitchen. I yelled stop! Then one of the light bulbs in my room broke, and the volume went down to the last 3 bars. My mom ran upstairs and asked me why the TV was so loud, I said because I couldn't get what the people were saying.

No one died in my house, but my dad died from cancer and he would always try to watch what I was watching on TV. Also, he liked to only fix light bulbs when they were really broken. So maybe it was him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Scary101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
This is by me, and wit another username because my friend told me to change it to this one after.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Dear Alyssa,

You are most welcome. I will await your next story. Thank you for taking your time to give me your response. I know those who make comments do so appreciate the author's feedback or doors to a friendly to firm debate.

With Appreciation,--Abby
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
the same thing happened to me just last night I was in my room and the lightbulb and the tv were flickering on and off so I went downstairs when I went up to bed the light was working perfectly
😲
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
This is my story, thank you Abby for that blessing... Anyway like my username I sort of talk to ghosts. Soon I will send another story about a dream I had about me talking to ghosts. Don't ask nowm, I'll show it in the story. But thank you, and keep on giving in comments!
Shadows (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
He's probably trying to "check on you" even though he's passed away. Try to be sure that it really IS your father if you try to communicate with him.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Dear Alyssa,

It is quite possible that it was your dad's way of letting you know that he is around you and just dropping in to say, "Hello".

Those human beings who have passed away and have crossed over (spirits) will many times come back to check on family and friends and visit familiar and favorite places. They let the living know that they are there by doing things they are well known for doing and doing things that would be recognized by those closest to them. They send many signs. The living need but look for them after a loved one has passed.

It is also quite possible that all of these things were caused by yourself, as many times a young person's energies are more erratic, less controlled and of high voltage. Poltergeist activity can be related to a ghost or spirit, but many times the energy comes from a young person.

It is up to you to decide what you perceive your experience to be. Thank you for sharing your story. My condolences for the loss of your beloved father to cancer.

Many Blessings, --Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: