You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Vision In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Vision In The Mirror

 

In the beginning, my very good friend and I were intrigued as to what was happening in her house. Intrigued, curious, interested, but never scared. It just so happened that we were never actually scared when things would happen to us in her house. We became determined to find out everything we could about her home.

While doing research on the old house we came to learn that it was built by two brothers sometime in 1843. My friend went to do a little more research in the local cemetery, asking Jacob (one of the builders of her house) if he could help her locate the family plot. The brothers last name was Christ. After wandering the cemetery for over 30 minutes, she came upon the family plot where Jacob, his wife, and other family members were buried.

That evening we were fooling around in the parlor, where there was a large ornate gold mirror hanging right across from the downstairs bathroom. We had another friend over with us, and she was seated on the couch along with my good friend. I was in front of the large mirror goofing around, all of a sudden I saw a black mist that looked like an arm in the mirror, but it was actually in the bathroom. I stopped what I was doing and just said "whoa." My girlfriends jumped up and I quickly explained what I saw. We left the room because the other friend we were with wasn't all that keen on ghosts and as we were leaving the room, the door came back and hit our friend in her head.

Needless to say we believe that our spirit friends were paying us a visit. Not too sure why they would hit our friend with a door though...

Other hauntings by metalmomma3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, metalmomma3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
I like this story too! Maybe its the brothers just chilling at their house they made making sure everythings going good! 😜 The door thing was funny, but I can imagine it was quite the scare when it happen lol.
metalmomma3 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Thanks everyone! My friend out loud asked Jacob to help her locate the family plot... To this day when I go into that cemetary I stop or slow down and pay homage to the Christ family lol. Sadly, my friend and her family have long since moved out of the house
(probably around 2002-03). Btw Jacobs brother was named Everett.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Oh my goodness metalmomma! How scary for your friend but pretty funny your ghost mates decided to play pranksters! 😆 I'm curious too does your friend still live in this house?
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
That's hilarious! Of course, I'm only saying that because I'M not the one who was hit in the head. But still! Does your friend still live in or own that home? I have been meaning to ask you that for awhile... Derrr duh derrr. Lol
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
I have to admit that I was slightly confused about your wording, about going to ask Jacob for help in locating the family plot. How exactly did your friend do that?
Funny thing about the door though, 😆.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
metalmomma3 really liked this one.
Had to read it twice the first time wanted to comment but mind went blank could not think how to put in a comment what I thought!
(coffee helped lol)
The amount of times I have read in comments check the history... And there you are checking it out!

Had to laugh at the door bit (not nice but kind of funny) like the spirits saying we are here, we do exist you know!
Great post thanks for sharing
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
metalmomma3,
I guess they don't cotton to having someone be afraid of them? 😆 I thought that was pretty funny!
So at least they've got a sense of humor, huh?
I like this story, thanks for sharing.

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: