You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granpa Saved Me From Crashing

Real Ghost Stories

Granpa Saved Me From Crashing

 

This is my second story on here, and I would just like to share something that happened to me last week which still gives me goosebumps to think about.

I live in Scotland - it rains alot! So driving home from my new temporary administration job, the typical Scottish summer was in full swing - it was absolutely chucking it down with rain. The route from my home to the new job is relatively scenic, so I was trying to be as careful as I could as the road was pretty bendy.

So there I was driving along, blasting the radio and having a bit of a sing-along. As I neared a corner I slowed down a bit but obviously not enough. As I manouvered the car around the bend, all of a sudden the back of the car swung out and I could feel I had lost complete control of the car - I was aqua-planing. The wheels had totally locked and the car was doing a complete 360 degree turn onto the other side of the road. At this point I just fully freaked out and took my hands off the wheel and screamed - the worst reaction ever I know but I totally panicked!

Then I tried to regain my senses and grabbed the wheel again, when all of a sudden it jerked toward the middle position and held fast, and as the feeling of control returned the wheel jerked again towards the left, changing the direction of the car slightly. The car seemed to be under my control again so I slammed on the brakes, and I saw a brown flash go by my window.

The car slid into a ditch by the road with a thud, and it started to tip over onto the driver side. Fortunately in the ditch were some very long reeds and a little hilly area and the car sort of bounced off and got back on to 4 wheels. Stationary and in a state of shock I just sat with my hands on the wheel and stared out the window. Eventually I got out of the car to assess the damage.

The car was relatively unharmed - just a few minor scratches on the bumper and on the driver side door but nothing particularly major. I then looked to my right and saw this huge telephone pole - that must of been the brown flash - I had missed it by mere millimetres. If I had hit it, I'm sure I would have been hurt pretty badly and the car would be in a much worse state. If the wheel hadn't jerked to the left I would have most certainly wrapped my car around that pole.

The car was thoroughly stuck in the ditch as the ground was so wet and muddy, and eventually I had to get the AA out and a few kind people stopped to make sure I was OK - I even saw a few other people come round that bend and loose control a little but thankfully regain it - but they probably kept their hands on the wheel and didn't panic like a big girls blouse!

I believe my grandad was in the car with me that day. He was known as an excellent driver and the car I was driving used to be his. I believe he was watching over me and saved me from crashing. I think he grabbed the wheel and steered it by the pole and helped me to regain control when he saw that I had no clue what I was doing. I can see no other way this could have happened as the wheels went from being turned round to the right, to the middle, then once control was established again, went to the left - and it was a definate pull - it didn't happen slowly as if the wheels just slowly turned themselves while in a slide. I think it might explain why I suddenly got my act together as well while panicking. He always had a huge calming affect on me and I always felt safe around him. After looking it up on my drivers theory, this was the textbook way to regain control of the vehicle, and I know my grandad would have known exactly what to do.

So its safe to say I'm taking another route to work this week! Maybe I should brush up on my drivers theory as well:P

Other hauntings by Waggon

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Waggon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Wow! Amazing story! I'm really glad your alright too! It does sound like your grandpa was definietly there to help you out.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I'm very glad your alright! Maybe it was your grandfather or maybe it was your guardian angel. Either way your save. God bless
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
My goodness! What a wonderful story! I'm glad that you are alright, Waggon, and I think, like Javelina, that it definately was your Grandfather helping you. I'd hate to think what would've happened if he hadn't intervened.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Waggon,
I can totally see this happening. And yes, I believe you are right, it had to be your Grandfathers intervention at just the right moment that saved you.
I know that they say if your car has gone into a spin while driving on icy roads, that you are supposed to turn your wheels into the spin. That is the hardest thing to do! Your instincts want to do just the opposite and that is why those types of accidents don't turn out so well. But it is very difficult to go against instinct when you have to do it instantly, it's just not the first reaction that most people have. So having your Grandfather step in and take over was pretty much what would have to happen for you to have made it out safely.
That's my opinion anyway.
Thanks for shareing.
Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: