You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Scariest Time Of My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Scariest Time Of My Life

 

In January 2009, my parents' apartment was being renovated so they let us stay in an empty apartment two floors above us. Before I continue, I must say, that I'm not a religious woman, but I do believe in God. My mom and her side of the family believe in spirits, saints and so on. I've always had dreams and could never interpret them. I mean, I would see someone dying but I never know who it is. And on MANY occasions, someone does die. My mom says its a gift and that she had it when she was a child. I just need to interpret the meaning of the dreams and try and help the person. I have a cousin that what you may call a Medium. She can talk to the spirits. That's a whole other story I will talk about another time.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was staying upstairs at the renovated apartment with my mom. Something happened the night before when my friend spent the night with me. So I felt unease. I was lying down with my mom and all of the lights were on. I must have dozed off.

In my dream, I was talking to my mom in the living room. I noticed that there was something in the living room with us. I can't explain what it looked like. I asked my mom in my dream, what is that. And she said she couldn't see it. I got frustrated and walked to the bedroom and laid down. (In my "dream" I'm lying down just like I was when I fell asleep).

As I was dozing off, I peeked and saw the figure which looked like an animal with bright yellow eyes on the foot of the bed. With every time I peeked, it came closer. I couldn't move. I'm trying to yell out to my mom, but nothing came out. It felt like I had someone holding my body down. Something strong and evil. It felt like it was stronger every time it got closer. I didn't know what to do. By this time, I was sure that I was up. I WAS NOT asleep. What ever this was got so close to my face, that I know, I will NEVER forget the color of its eyes. It felt so evil.

Like I said before, I'm not a religious person, but all I could have done was pray. I did not know of any prayers but I just started saying things. I jumped up crying and screaming and yelling. My mom jumped up. I told her what happened. She explained to me that it was a bad spirit. She felt it before but did not want to scare me.

So the next day, we went to the church, got holy water, sage from this store that someone will go to get things to ward off the spirits (botanica), and a saying (passage). So, my mom told me to stay away for a few days while she cleansed the house.

Till this day, things still happen. Not as bad as that incident. I since moved from my parents house, but she said a lot of times when I go there, I bring spirits to her home. She had to keep buying candles to "show them the light".

This story may seem like its a typical Spanish heritage story, but it definitely happened to me. I had insomnia for about 2 months. This isn't the first thing that has happened to me, but this has definately been the scariest.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ebbcakez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lovelight78 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
I am really intrigued by the fact that you feel there's always someone there with you. I have that same feeling, even though I haven't experienced the other aspects of your story. I have wondered who or what it is that's attached to me? I wish you well and hope the cleansing works for you. I'm going try the cleansing also. Thank you for sharing your story and thank you Rook for the cleansing directions. God Bless...
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
try closing your mind to spirits and closing that door, once this is don't leave the spirit world alone cause it can do damage to those who don't know how to handle them, goodness what a great story and I hope you well and God bless. 😁
Ebbcakez (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Thank you everyone for your input and help so very much.

-Rook
I will def try your advice. It sounds like your ritual is peaceful and that is what I really need...PEACE.

If it doesn't work, I will try to ignore it Like Moongrim said.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
These critters feed off of fear. Of which you gave it plenty. They also enjoy rituals. All the energy you spend in rituals- gives it more food. The best thing you can do? Ignore it.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
I have to say that I agree with AstralMaster in his assessment of the possibility of sleep paralysis. (Voted you up) But I disagree with belief in a creator constituting religiosity. In my understanding religion is a collective adherence to dogma. I feel it is possible to believe in a higher unseen power without subscribing to a previously described definition of who or what that power is. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Ebbcakez,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Indigo has an interesting point and I offer the following Shielding/Cleansing technique, I use this for myself and on our home with really good results.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
[at] Ebbcakez,
I just reread your account of what you have been dealing with and something caught my attention. You stated that "I bring spirits to her home. She had to keep buying candles to "show them the light"."
This may be important, because I'm wondering if maybe this is how it should be. You bring them, and your mother shows them to the light. Sometimes that's all it is, a simple explanation.
However, this doesn't answer the question of the spirit you feel is always with you. What is his (you said it feels like a male) part in all of this? Could this be your spirit guide? I really don't know, someone else more familiar with those things may be able to help you more with that.
My suggestion about the connection with you and your mother is just that, a suggestion. I hope I've helped you in some small way.

Jav
Astral_Master (5 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Sounds like you were either having a nightmare or you could have been suffering from sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis occurs at your deepest level of sleep, your mind disconnects from your body in an attempt to protect you from yourself so you don't thrash around in your sleep.

Sometimes you'll wake up and your mind hasn't really registered it yet and you'll still be in sleep sleep paralysis mode. During this time, you will be unable to move your body.

Scarier still is since your mind is still in this mode, you can actually see things like dreams on the real world environment. Imagine it like the old 3D glasses, with a red and blue lens. The red lens is the real world, the blue lens is the dream world. It can result in some very terrifying situations - sometimes you can even HEAR things.

P.S.

Saying you aren't very religious but still believing in God is a pretty big oxymoron. It takes a fairly religious person to submit themselves to the idea there is a God.
Ebbcakez (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Yes, I believe I do open the door for these things to happen. Not intentionally. My father has passed away a little while after I had that scary moment. I lost a lot of faith. More and more things kept heppening.
Ebbcakez (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Javelina

I live in an apartment now. Just me and my fiance. I feel like, everywhere I go, there is this one spirit that follows me. I don't know if its someone I knew, or just someone that maybe attache to me. I don't think its a bad spirit though. I feel that its a man. I don't know if I should help it find the light or just leave it be. The ones that do bother me, I do need help defending myself. I can't always call for my mom to help me.
Ebbcakez (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Thank you everyone. It was very hard to get over. Yes, many things kept happening. I was living back and forth at my parents house after that for 2 years. I kind of gotten used to seeing spirits in my parents house. Especially in my brothers room. Which I think might be a gateway. I say this because there's an eerie feeling when people go in there. Like someone is wathcing u. I have seen This one spirit that just stands there. I see him clearly. A tall light skinned man with a white Tshirt. All he does is stare. My mom usually "traps" them with a candle. I have plenty of stories.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Ebbcakez,
You say you no longer live with your parents. Now, your place of residence, is it an apartment or a house? The reason I ask is that I use a different technique myself, different in the way I defend myself from outside entities. I don't even know if defend is the correct word here. Anyway, it helps if you have your own yard. That's why I asked what type of home you live in.

Jav
metalmomma3 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
:)
Your story definitley was scary! It does sound like you are a "beacon" if you will, to different spirits and open to possibly astral projection? Sage does work wonderfully to cleanse the home. Have you experienced anything else like this since?
~love & light~
Samantha
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Greaves, ngute is right, but you are also an open door. This is because you've only focused on attraction, instead of closing your door, you concentrate on welcoming them to yourself. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but can cause a lot of sleepless nights.

I suggest that instead of cleansing your home again, practice prevention. The way I do this is I lie down and focus on me. I focus on seeing my own energies, and visualize this energy manifesting itself around my body as a solid blue bubble of light. After my light ball of light is formed, I think and broadcast to every spirit that I'm sorry, but I'm TIRED. They aren't welcome to visit tonight as I sleep. Spirits and entities forget about fatigue or are so excited that someone can see them that they don't care. Because of this you'll ALWAYS have them come. They're just like perpetual teenagers, lol, always happy to visit!
Greaves098 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
My dad cleansed my house with holy water over all the walls so that nothing evil could breach my house. My dads athyest and the rest of my family is catholic. Nothing has breached my house before EVER 😁
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Sometimes when you bless a house it will work for a period of time, then it has to be done again. That is because you can invite something in or open a door without even realizing it. I have a friend who I have to clear/bless her house every few months. The best of luck to you and God bless.
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
that does sound like a very scary time! You guys did a very smart thing by going to get the holy water.
I hope everything stays good and quite with you! Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: