You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Girl In The White Dress

Real Ghost Stories

Girl In The White Dress

 

Ever since I was a little I remembered seeing a girl wearing a long white dress (almost like an old fashioned night gown) with long dripping dark brown hair, she had cuts all over her face and she was always humming the aero plane jelly theme song. When I was about 7 I told my dad, he told me I was crazy and that I belong in a mental ward, he then told me to never speak of this again but of course, I didn't listen. I told my mum and she then told me how she could also see them, my mum then told me that me, my mum and my great grandma had been the only ones to see spirits in the whole family, from generations to generations only a few of us could see them and it was also a girl, never a boy.

A few more years had passed and I was 13 years old, I was still seeing her but the day I turned 13 she started coming around more often. I woke up one morning to a sharp pain in my ankle, I had stabbing marks all around it, I just thought I scratched myself through the night. A few more nights went by and the girl would always stand at the end of the bed and humming, I would always wake up to myself coughing up water and I was wet. I started to get really scared and I talked to my mum and she then told me "Never be afraid, always know that you're in control" but of course I was like "How can I not be scared!?" she just told me to try.

I told my friends, they believed me when I showed them everything that had been happening to me. My friends would also sleep over just so they could see me cough up water but when they saw that I wasn't lying they all freaked. My bestfriends Savvahn, Jarrad and Jordan thought I was crazy for a second, they knew that I was gifted but they never thought I could see spirits.

The girl would follow me everywhere, even school. Although she would hide I could always find her, I pointed her out to Savvahn, Jarrad and Jordan a few times and they began to started seeing a faded figure. It was Wednesday the 25th of June and I was in English, the girl scared me so I ran out of the classroom and Savvahn followed. We walked around the school for a bit then went down the back. Crows surrounded us and we saw the girl she looked angry and the crows were loud, they were staring at us so we ran back to the classroom. I went to my dad's and I told my sister, she believed me straight away. We gave the girl a nick name "Carlos" (my sisters idea).

Every night I would have the same dream, I was in a car and it would crash off a red bridge and land in a lake, it was very deep and I tried to get out of the car but a black figure would grab my ankle and pull me back into the seat then smash my head on the glass, I would then wake up coughing up water. I eventually got too scared to sleep in my own room so I slept with my mum. For some reason "Carlos" wouldn't go into the room. It was as if she was scared of something or someone.

Months had passed and my mum was getting sick of me sleeping in her bed with her so she told her friend Gemma. When I walked over to her house in the morning she told me to sit down. Gemma went to her room and came out with a book, in the book was about 6 stones. There was a green, a pink, a black, a blue, a purple and a yellow stone. Gemma told me to hold each one of them and tell me which one gave off the most energy.

I picked up the pink one and dropped it immedialty. It felt like it wasnt't mine so I picked up the green one and I knew this was the one for me. My great grandma passed a few days before and my mum found her necklace and my mum thought she had found it for a reason, that it was meant for her but she soon realised it was meant for me. She gave it to me and I felt like a higher power was watching over me.

I slept at Gemma's that night so she could watch how everything would happen. "Carlos" would always pop up at 2.22am every night. I woke up at the exact time and saw her standing at the end of the bed, I woke up Gemma and pointed "Carlos" out to her, she just told me to go back to sleep. All through that night Gemma was being dragged off the bed becaues "Carlos" didn't like it when anyone got in the way and took me away from her.

Another month went by of the same routine, My mum couldn't deal with it anymore. One night someone whispered into my mums ear and told her, "Tell her to tell Charlie to go into the light, tell her to come into the light and be on the farm with the chickens and the ducks". In the morning my mum told me that, I then realised "Carlos'" name was Charlie, and she needed to go. I was home alone and I walked around the room telling Charlie that she needed to go, I told her I wanted to help but I couldn't. It took about an hour until Charlie said goodbye and left. She knew I tried to help and that was enough for her. I worked out that her mum killed her, I'm not sure why and I wanted to know but I couldn't.

Its now the 23rd of August, Tuesday 2011 and I have not seen her since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, isabellahocroft, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Yeah, I think she was like trying to tell me what happened to her but through my dreams. There was her mum in the car but you could only see her and.
I do have more experiences but not about or anything to do with Charlie
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
going on to check the comments and getting a byunch of names, lmao best names going (Y) 😆
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Wow, came to read ghost stories, but read a lot more than that! Lol! Great names you guys have got!
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Hahaha zz... Who cares. He had such a beautiful voice! I'd be haunted by ermmm HIm, HEM? HERM? Any old day!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Oh yeah, and Freddie Mercury...No, wait, hmmm... Does he count? 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] zzgranny! 😆 😆
And don't forget...Toni, all of the Pat's, Ricky for Fredericka, and last but not least...Me. Yes, I was actually named after my Uncle Dean.

Jav
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
A lot of girls are also nicknamed by their last names in America. Frankie (mine) from my maiden name. Also Stewart (stewie) Anderson (Anderson or andie) Harper etc
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
gannubhaibtech - although granny's already answered this, I wanted to chime in. In the US, most girls named Charlotte or any version of that, go by Charlie (or any spelling of it). A lot of people even name their daughters Charlie. Just so you know.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Bobbie-Barbara; Joe-Joanne; Nickie-Nicole; Ronnie-Veronica; Sam-Samantha; Charlie-Charlene, or Charlotte; There's Glenn Close, Michael Learned, James King, Daryl Hannah, Sean Young, Stevie Nicks; my own daughter's name is a male name: Leslie...

Jus' sayin' 😆 😊
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Charlie was a nick name, I don't know her full name it might have been charlotte...
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Are you sure its Charlie and not charlotte? I mean what kind of gal names herself Charlie?
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
People tend to think that. I said I am going to be young forever! Humor me... LolZ! And yeah pal, ring 2 definitely doesn't help! Lmao.
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
I don't understand gannubhaibtech? Lol I tried to find help but everyone thought I was crazy... 😕
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
word of advice!
Dont bother to watch the ring 2 its not worth it!
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
good work! But what's up with the crystal and the energy stuff, I really can't comprehend! And had it ever occurred to you, you needed some expert or professional guidance when dealing with such stuff? Because if you meddle with something you don't completely understand, it might end up dangerous for you! Always use caution and be precautious when dealing with anything. Everything in this world has a certain amount of deception to it.
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
I think Charlie was trying to like tell me what happened to her but in her own way, like maybe she was confused? And it turned out that the person that banged her head into the glass was her mother. I'm really not sure why she killed her own daughter, Nothing has happened since and I really wished I had helped her. I do see other spirits and I have 2 girls following me around at the moment who like to play games and hurt me. I have a very eventful life...
unicorns_16 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
This story is certainly interesting!

Well, you don't see Charlie anymore is probably because she listened to you and went into the light 😊

And about the dreams, maybe Charlie is trying to connect with you? The car crash, maybe that's how she died? Was anyone else in your dream? Do you have anymore experience after Charlie left?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: