You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Shadow Person Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

A Shadow Person Or Something Else?

 

I have lived in this house with my parents for going on 23 plus years, and I have seen some crazy things in this house. My experience was I had been seeing these shadow people for going on 7 and a half years now. The first time I saw them was when my daughter was just an infant, they were standing around her crib and watching her. I could hear three distinct words they had said "Protect her" and "Evil".

That was before my daughter saw her "DADDY". (I have posted about the RED EYED DADDY in another story) They seem to like poke their heads around a corner and I catch them in the corner of my eye, or I would see them in my bedroom door way just watching me and my daughter. But since then these shadow people seem to follow me and my daughter around the house and just watch us. I don't feel threatened by them really.

Since I have joined this site I have been in touch with some really helpful people who told me how to cleanse my house and protect my daughter from Negative spirits. But they seem to me like they are protecting us from something.

Tonight I was cleaning the kitchen up from supper when I felt like someone was behind me, staring at me. And this soft wind blew across my cheek and I felt peace for a few minutes. I don't want to get rid of them since they seem to be watching over us. Or are they something else? Can someone help me with this?

Could it be a angel or someone who is watching out for me and my daughter? What do you think? My daughter feels comfortable around them, so that makes me happy.

Other hauntings by Skye28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Skye28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SMSLOVEADR (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-19)
As a person who sees, can talk to, and hears the supernatural everyday, I do not necessarily believe they are evil. There are good shadow people. I think you have nothing to worry about. They could be spirits of deseased loved ones or just guardian angels watching over you all. They are either good or bad, Or one or the other. In this case I believe they are guardians. If they do not feel threatening or hurt you or your family, you most definitely all should be safe. ^^
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
sounds like you have nothing to worry about, as long as the feelings your getting stay good then let them stay, sure put some rules down for them.
Like my gran always said~ if its not broken don't try fixing it!
All the best
Carl
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
You're a mommy; trust your instincts. By their actions, ye shall know them.

Of course, if it were me, I'd keep some cold iron on hand, just in case.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
This doesn't ring of an angelic encounter, but angels aren't the only entities that may want to protect or watch over people. Sometimes it can be ancestral ghosts or perhaps benevolent spirits not wanting too see anyone come to harm. As we all know there are some nasty ghosts out there and my guess is that whatever it is that draws spirits to specific people draws both good and bad alike. I think sometimes benevolent spirits stake themselves in effort to discourage the less savory sort from causing trouble. Most people can innately sense the negativity in most any situation so why not the positive as well? Be vigilant and trust your gut and I think you will figure it all out. 😊 😊 😊
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
As long as they aren't causing any problems, frightening you or harming you in any way, I would definitely leave them alone. Not every spirit is bad.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Skye,
You are right in that as you get older, sometimes you lose that 'vision', but still can retain the ability to sense when spirits are near. Plus, it's very common that these traits be passed from generation to generation. And most often from mother to daughter (at least that's what I've read).
So you are right on target it seems, eh?

Jav 😊
Skye28 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
So very true JAV I never thought about that before. I believe in Angel that protect us. I was wondering if since I was a young girl I was able to see things and hear things and also since things... But since I have grown up I have not been able to experience these things like I use too. But could I have passed down my ability or gift to my daughter?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
[at] Skye28,
Well you just know that the scent of flowers is a good sign. Who knows? They could be relatives that have come back to keep things in check and make life a little easier.

Jav ❤
Skye28 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Thanks for the reply's to my story... I have seen a lot of them this week the seem to follow my daughter around the house. Like if she's in her play room they will watch her in the corners. I have heard her speak to some of them a few times. She thinks of them as her friends in some ways. I have yet to be touched or has my daughter that I know of. But I will let these shadow people know not to touch or harm us in any way. I did have a certain smell in our bed room one night before we said my daughter's prayer... It smelled of fresh cut flowers. It drifted out of the room a few moments later though. 😁 😁
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
I took care of my grandfather for several years before he died, and his home was chock FULL of the shadow people. The day he died, they went away. He told me they'd been there for years. I believed him. I think that shadow people, both good and bad, will sometimes stick around protecting certain people. I saged, smudged and focused on them many times. They'd go away for only a few days, then come right back. They never hurt any of us, so I finally gave up. Occasionally I'd hear him in his bedroom talking to them toward the end of his life. He always welcomed them. Maybe it's your child they are there to guard for the rest of her life? If they aren't making you miserable, I wouldn't worry too much.
In our house, the good ones smelled great! He couldn't smell them, but I could. The bad ones smelled like sewage. (we had no sewer problems to blame it on). He always taught me that wherever there was good, bad had to be also. Only once was I ever angered by them, and that was when I was groped.
I was bending over a drawer in the kitchen and felt a very large hand grab and squeeze my right butt cheek. I was instantly irate! I turned and spoke to it telling it to NEVER ever do THAT again. It never did. I would often see them peeking around doors, walking through walls, drifting past my office desk, etc, but they never dud anything after the fit I had, lol.
I'd try warning them not to harm or touch your daughter. That should work pretty well. They seem to listen, ours did anyway.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
You could also open your house to any bum that
Wants to stay. Living or dead, it doesn't matter,
No one should have the right to usurp another person's property.
Ghosts, Shadow people, Etc. They are just people who
Need to move on. They use the living for company, energy, and also to give them a reason to not crossover.
They can hear the living and may be persuaded to move on by suggestion. Or you mollycoddle them and give them a perceived invitation to stay and they may not take you seriously when they start making real problems and you really want the out.
Also, don't go for the voodoo mumbo jumbo. Many ghosts leave, not because of the "salt" and "smudging", but because they feel guilty for causing a problem for the living.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Skye28,
I have certain rules that I stick to when it comes to the paranormal and strangers. If my kids and my animals are uncomfortable in any way then it's bye-bye freaky guy. But if your daughter isn't getting creeped out and actually has come to terms with them, then it's all up to you as to how you want to deal with them. There were spirits that my mother would let stay, if they behaved. And we never really had any problems. We did have a prankster for a while, but that was actually fun.
So I am happy to hear you have settled in with those around you. After all, they were people to, maybe?

Jav 😊
ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
I have had a similar experience with my daughter. I will have to find some time to post my stories. Over the years I have come to believe that paranormal things and attacks happen to myself and my two daughters, because we are gifted. From your other story about your daughter, it sounds like she is gifted as well. Best of luck and God bless
Skye28 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Thanks PiP I hope we will find some help in figuring out what these shadow people are.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Skye28,

Hello there. Thank you for adding your story.
Like with anything, there are multiple theories about what shadow people are/what causes them. One thing I find interesting is that your daughter is not afraid of them and you don't get a bad feeling from them. I think this is a good sign. I saw a shadow person out of the corner of my eye (seems to be common in sightings) and I didn't get a negative feeling. I hope you find the answers you seek and I wish you and your daughter all the best.

PiP ❤ 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: