You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Something In The Bush And An Update

Real Ghost Stories

Something In The Bush And An Update

 

Now this goes back to the first few months that my (now recently ex) partner and I were first together, which would make it late 1994/early 1995.

We had gone out for a couple of hours to the local pub (note here: we hadnt been drinking alcohol just soft drinks this night) and decided to go to our favorite spot in the bush and have a bit of *ahem* fun [wink]

Now I have to explain about the clearing we always parked in. Yes it was bushland (we live in the country) but the trees were thinned out enough you could see for some way all around, and the trees being mostly saplings/young trees, it was easily seen if anyone else was around. On this particular night there was a full moon streaming its light down so we could easily see around us. AND it was far enough in from the main road that we wouldn't be noticed unless someone was actually looking for someone parked there.

So to the story proper. We'd had our *ahem* fun, just sitting chatting in general and being affecionate as young couples do and as we'd always done. We BOTH suddenly got the feeling that something was watching us intently. I knew he felt it too by the way we BOTH started to peer round looking for something. I actually asked him at this point if he felt anything. Actually my exact words to him were, "Do you feel like somethings watching us?". His reply was yes that he felt something was watching us but not WHAT it was. I didn't know about him at this point but I felt something wasn't right about whatever was watching us and we got out of there as fast as we could.

When we got back to the nearest town (in which he lived, I lived a further 3-4 km's north from this spot) we stopped and spoke about it. We discussed what both of us had felt at our usual spot. Basically what he described and felt, of which I agreed with his description as I was more or less interupting him as he described it, there was SOMETHING there watching us and something about it wasn't RIGHT about it. SOMEthing we couldn't see. That if we hadn't of gotten out of there when we had, something could or would possibly have happened that neither of us would've expected or wanted.

When I said that I refused to go back there at night now or in the future his reponse was "I won't ask you to". I knew then what I felt/sensed WASNT my imagination, he'd felt it, too!

To this day I don't know what it was that we both felt/sensed, all I know is that we both felt/sensed it and it didn't sit right with either of us. And now, almost 17 years later, neither of us have been back to that spot but have seen other vehicles parked in the spot we used to park, both at night and during the day. I often wonder if these people have felt the same thing at some point that we did.

We never actually saw anything, just that feeling that something was there, watching. It was eerie, frightening, fascinating and intriguing all at the same time. All I know is every time I have passed the spot (which is often), I'm reminded of it.

And an update on the happenings in the house... I have noticed since my partner and I have separated (we're still in regular contact and speaking) the feelings/sightings/hearings have lessened, such as hearing Kippy/g/father/seeing ponies walking about etc, BUT (theres always a but isn't there lol) one thing hasn't stopped that I have not mentioned before. Hearing the light switches flicking on (or off) but the lights NOT coming on (or off) which I have heard for years. Just the noise of them being switched on/off. They continue with a regularity like nothing's changed in my life from a child! And yes the light switches (even the powerpoint switches!) in the original part of the house are fairly easily heard! Funny thing is, even with the tv going, hall way door shut, fan on the fire (wood heater) at the same time they can be heard!

Other hauntings by Morticia1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Morticia1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] Darkness yep that's it exactly.

And as far as the bushland I have never heard anything related to it. My mums maternal adoptive family comes from the area and every generation has spent a great portion of time here. Never heard any stories about ghosts or murders or the like for that particular bit of bushland.

There was supposedly a body dug up by a dredger about 10 kms further north of the house here. IF the story is true (never investigated if it is or not!) who knows the ghost may have moved down 😆
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] taz and I can't wait to read it (grins) And yeah like I said to Jav I get the feeling its just them letting me know theyre about without freaking me out.

Ive never actually thought to tell them off about as its been happening for so long it no longer bothers me. Its more of a comfort now that they just saying "hey we're still here you know!" 😆
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] Jav yeah seems a thing with them doesn't it 😆 I get the feeling though its just their way of letting me know that they are about without actually freaking me out by the lights going on and off! And kids ugh! No kids of my own but partner (yes still call him partner lol) and I have 3 sisters between us aged 22-28 mine being the 22 year old, and oh boy having em on holidays they used to drive us batty with the stuff theyd do! Always say I have had the best of both worlds, got to see what its like to have kids but like g/parents got to hand em back at the end of it 😁

And yep I don't go against gut feelings on any score. Too often been right about them and every time I have I have regretted it. That night was too damn freaky to ever go back!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Morticia1: I also understand the feeling you described in the bush I have also had the same feeling within certain homes aswell. It almost sounds like they are mimicing the sound of the light switches turning on and off, even with your appliances all on I think they realise if they can replicate that sound it will get you thinking about them. Is there any history involved with the bushland area that you know of? Besides your own lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
ohh been there felt that!
Have gotten that feeling at work around christmas time but hell I'm saving that one for my next story! 😆
And the lights and switches, so annoying but like jav said telling them is like talking to kids sometimes they find a way of almost doing what they are not ment to but not quite doing it just so you know they are doing what you told them.
They push so far but never going over the top, so how can you tell them to stop what are now doing? Its like going back on the first thing you said!
Used to love doing that as a kid mum would go crazy at us would just say but I'm not doing... I'm just doing... Like you told me, until I got "the look" then knew it was done with!
All the best
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Morticia1,
What is it with the light switches? It seems they are obsessed with them! And dimmer switches too.
But the difference in your case is the lights don't turn on and off. What's up with that? Did you read them the riot act at some point and now they dare not go all the way? 😆
It reminds of my kids when they were little and would just pester the hell out of each other! I'd tell them to knock it off and just don't touch each other. So of course, what did they do? Everything BUT touch! One would hold there finger right next to the other ones face and then say "I'm not touching you" and the other one would finally get frustrated and sock the offender. Aaah, good times, eh?
So that's what it sounds like they're doing to you, "See, I'm not turning the light on and off am I?" So, you going to sock 'em or what? 😆

Seriously though, I do know that feeling you're talking about. I have experienced it once or twice myself. And it's enough to keep me from ever going back to the place I felt it too. It's far more potent than the 'gut feeling' is, that's a fact. And you tend to never forget it. There's a house in my home town you couldn't pay me to stand in the yard of that place, and it's been nearly 40 years since I experienced that feeling, But I still won't go back to it, not a chance!

Jav 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: