You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granny Is With Me

Real Ghost Stories

Granny Is With Me

 

My Granny and Granddad both passed away years ago now. I'm not sure exactly how long, maybe 15 years for my Granddad and 10 years for my Granny.

I was in my kitchen just making a bottle for my little girl when I opened the cupboard where her bottles are kept, and could distinctly smell my Granny. It was so odd, and I smiled and had this overwhelming feeling to post it as my facebook status. One of my friends replied saying this happens to her and she thinks its her relative just saying "hi". I then got an inbox message from another friend saying how it is true that my Granny is with me watching over me and that a grandfather type figure is also with me.

I explained how all my grand parents have passed over. She told me that Granny was saying "He's here. He's with me." It was reassuring to know they were together again. My friend also told me that my Granddad was waiting on the other side when my Granny passed, and that Granddad describes it as a holiday camp! I got quite emotional, and in fact reading back over the inbox messages I'm feeling emotional again.

For a few days after that I felt quite uplifted and smelt my Gran again when I was in bed one night.

I told my Dad about smelling Granny and he didn't dismiss it (even though he is a skeptic) and my Mum was fascinated.

I wanted to share my story with you all and ask if there is a way to try and open my mind to be able to feel them/sense them, maybe even see them. Don't worry I haven't tried anything and wouldn't do a ouija before anyone even warns me not to:-)

Take care and Bright Blessings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Silvermoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
silvermoom this is one sweet story thank you for sharing 😊
Agree with the other comments here, it does sound as though your open to them already.
It could be that your granny has decided to slowly make her self known so not to freak you out by just "showing up" and by her letting you smell her was a easy way of letting you know she is still around.

With you saying your grandad says being on the otherside is like a holliday camp does sound as though he is more chilled out/laid back and is happy enough to let your granny do the visiting for now but I expect like most grannys she will be bringing him along with her soon.
Loved the story, straight to faves
Carl
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Silvermoon: I have the exact same thing happen to me everynow and then, and it is mainly my Grandma that visits me and it is via smell. I have also seen both my Grandma and Grandpa in dreams. I know the feeling you get when they come to visit I get a huge smile and my eyes go all watery haha it is a very comforting and loving feeling. I hope you continue to have these experiences. Excellant story.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Silvermoon (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Pretty, and herohead, thank you for your kind words.
I felt very comforted but also sad to think it's been such a long time, so I know where you're coming from herohead.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Nice story.
It has happened to almost all in my family as well, and there is nothing scary about it, but I can feel kind of sad because I miss my gran.
Really a sweet story.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Silvermoon,

Thank you for sharing this lovely story. This is such a touching experience, and I have no doubt that this was your gran. I really agree with Rookdygin and otteer. I also have a question for rook. Does the nature of the dream matter as long as our loved one is in it? I know a lot of people have dreams where their loved ones speak to them and say they are okay now. Therefore, I just wanted to know if the context in which they appear is important. Thank you in advance.
Silvermoon (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Thank you both for commenting on my story.
[at] otteer thank you I will begin talking to her and have already spoken to my granddad as I'm sure he keeps hiding my tv remote control 😁
[at] Rook I feel quite honoured that you have commented on my story 😊 I have seen many of your posts and respect you very much. I have not seen either of them in a dream that I can remember but there is always tonight! I have just emailed all my family to ask if they have. I know that my sister has smelt her because when I mentioned it she says she smells her frequently 😁 Granny must be very busy indeed.
Thanks again both Silvermoon
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Silvermoon,

Thank you for sharing this experience. I agree with otter, speak to her as if she's there with you.

As far as 'opening' your mind... It sounds as if you already are 'open' and your Gran is merely showing you in small ways that she and your Grandfather are watching over you.

Otter has suggested that you ask her to show herself to you in a dream... Which makes me want to ask this...

Have you seen either of them in a dream? There is a theory that if we see loved ones in a dream it means they have 'crossed over' and come back to visit us by choice... The dream may have been yours or another Family members... Ask your Family if anyone has dreamed of your Grandparents sense they have passed. I 'feel' you will find that someone has and you can take comfort that they choose to watch over you and your daughter.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Sweet story.
You have already taken the first steps by being open to the possibility that it could be your Grandmother and my welcoming that possibility. Talk to your Gran like she is with you, she can hear you. Let her know you are happy she is around and welcome her visits, you already sense her, with smell. Ask her to try and show herself to you, maybe via a dream.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: