You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Harassing Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Harassing Spirit?

 

About a month ago I noticed something, shall I say, strange. My house has this negative energy about it. A little while back I was in my hallway going to use the restroom and something screamed the word Hello into my ear. When that happened I ran to my mother to see if she had heard it but she had not. Even though this was strange and terrifying I just shrugged it off.

Well, the really scary things began when I was home alone and my mom messaged my phone telling me to go up to the attic and get an old bag of clothes she was going to take to a charity event. So I pulled down the ladder and made my way up to the attic. Usually it was really hot but today it was so cold I needed a jacket. When I found the box something pushed me down the ladder. But the force of it was too strong for it to be the wind.

Lately I have had a horrible virus and have been forced to stay on bed rest, but the funny thing is, I did not get so sick until after being shoved. But while I am trying to rest and watch TV at night something pins me down and I can't move for five minutes. I cry for hours straight but it will not leave me alone. I am always tired because of the constant harassing. Even if I do get a lot of sleep I am always tired.

I am moving in six months. I am wondering if the harassing will go away after that. I pray it does. Also last night I dreamed of two little girls in the house that I live in now being killed by their father right before he took his own Life. I can not imagine little girl's doing this to me. So I think that it might be the father but there is no way to be sure. I can not picture a little girl being that vile and malicious though.

Anyway's please leave helpful comments. I am scared that this ghost will begin to try to kill me!

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, makaylaleanne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Alright your confession that you are cutting yourself combined with the posting of your second story with the plea for help because this supernatural "thing" may kill you, makes me firm in my opinion that you are making these stories up for the fun of being dramatic. Whether what you say is true or not, you do need some help, I think, but it is help with your attention seeking behavior.
darkfantum (44 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
like I said in my other comment it won't kill you but could just hurt you but you have moved from that now and have another problen to deal with
Darkfantum
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
luvztigers92, would you mind answering a few questions? Why is it more evil now that you're in a new house? What did your mother experience? When did you start cutting yourself?

God bless ❤
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Luvztigers, I don't think anyone gave you bad advice, and many here have gone through scary things too. Cutting yourself only leads me to believe that you are experiencing a hormonal inbalance. Your only 13 which is the peak of body changes. You're getting overly emtional, as proven by the tone in your reply.

I think first and foremost, you need to make yourself a nice cup of tea, take a few deep breaths and try to clear your mind of your troubles. Perhaps start taking some St John's Wort, all natural herbal remedies are not to be brushed off. Try to keep yourself in a peaceful and happier state. It can be hard depending on your circumstances, but taking a self-inflicting cuts and pain route will take you nowhere you want to go.
luvztigers92 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Alright First of all I am only 13 this really scared me that is why I cry for hours. And No There is something in that house thank fully I am gone now because my mom was experiancing things to but now it's in my new house but more evil. When this happens to you tell me what the Deuce you do, I have bruises on my body from this. I have been cutting myself to
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
chunkeylumpkins,

Please forgive this moment of spontaneous frivolity, I mean no offense to you, but I can't help myself...

You stated, "...I suggest you Handel it immediately."

Handel, George Fredrick - 23 February 1685 - 14 April 1759. German-British Baroque composer.

I know you meant Handle... I know you did... I just saw 'Handel' in your comment and I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite Composers.

Sorry to detract from the O/P's thread...

Respectfully,

Rook
chunkeylumpkins (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
It could be the dad doesn't like you in the house at all. He may be trying to get you out, or his plans may be a bit more malevolent, I hope he does not follow you and if he does I suggest you Handel it immediately.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Hi luvztigers:

I am happy to hear that you are moving from this house. Try to research the local paper archives, cemetaries, etc. To get a conclusion if this really happened or not. If it did, the little girls are probably still in the house and afraid. The father could be there as well looking for the girls. Do your parents believe you? If they do, could they help you contact a reliable medium to come into the house and try to resolve this situation. I would hate for this to follow you to your new house. Good luck.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
You should probably try getting a professional in the house to clens the house, maybe the spirit is connected to the house and maybe it is the father. Hopefully after you move everything bad stops happening to you! Good luck and ill be thinking about you!
Ebbcakez (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Hey

My suggestion is, when you move, you should bless your new house. Hopefully that will ward off any evil spirits or just anything that is negative around you.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
To add to what the others have said, these events seem to have all happened just before or while you are ill. You attribute the illness to the strange events, but it could be the other way around. Generally speaking, we are infected with a virus for sometime before we realize we are sick & illness can cause hallucinations, especially viruses which are accompanied by fevers. Hallucinations of this kind include seeing, hearing & feeling things that are not there. Your symptom of being tired no matter how much you sleep sounds like mono - unfortunately I had it as a teen - which can take several weeks to get over with the help of medication. But other viruses too could account for your symptoms including hallucinations. Hopefully when you get better these feelings & experiences will end.
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
thanks for sharing your experience with us... You said you'd move in six months... Well I believe that'll do the trick... If your dream is true then you are getting attacked by the ghostly being because you live in that house... That house has a bad history... So I hope moving out will help you.
Take care and please inform us what happened after you move out.
Best of luck. ❤ ❤ ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
sarahmaria I think pretty much summarized just about all of my opinions here. I do not think anything paranormal has happened. I think you got the idea into your head that you were being haunted because of sleep paralysis, hormonal changes, and sickness. Have you seen a doctor about the virus? Are you on antibiotics or anything? Because if it has lasted for a long time then you really should see a doc. It could be something serious.

I have had experiences where I felt like I was pushed, but it was just because I moved or fell in a weird way, and your body sometimes interprets gravity or brushing something on the way as an outside force pushing/touching you. I think your crying and fears are also very likely to do with your hormones changing.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
I agree that it could have been the box that caught you off balance. As for getting sick, I do not think you got sick from being "shoved." In the being pinned down, is this while you are fully awake or while you are sleeping and you wake up being "pinned down." This could be sleep paralysis.

Http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

I wouldn't worry too much, love.

Blessings,
Sarah
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
luvztigers92,

You say you were 'pushed down' the ladder... Did you fall, or did you just go down the steps really fast?

I ask because if you 'overbalanced' due to the weight of the box your brain may have interpreted this as being pushed...

As far as the dream goes... Research the home, see if the events in your dream actually fit with the history of the home... Unless they match, then your dream was just that... A dream.

I have to agree with JarMan... Many of the things in your experience can be accounted for by 'non-paranormal' things and all those should be ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
silver_surfer (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
try call a paranormal experts or call the priest that exorcists some demon... Or both of them you will invite them and also always have faith in God and pray always...
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Tigers, can you tell us more about the dream and virus... And how old you are?
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
jarman is right, its often psychological rather than paranormal! Try change of place, hang around with your friends and have fun. That definitely will help. And it is always good to be spiritual and exercise your mind and will power. The most difficult and best option is to train yourself in power yoga or kundalini yoga, if people are interested you can research about it. And always think of something that makes you angry, it helps to trigger adrenaline (gives you what people supposedly call superhuman strength), if you can trigger this at your will, you'll feel yourself much stronger to face the situation and escape stuff like that, remember one thing always, there is nothing more powerful than a human mind. It can cause delusions and weaken you as well as give you power beyond reckoning l. So relate everything scientifically and as a last result and a lost cause blame it on supernatural.
xWolfsMoonx (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
I recommend cleansing your room, and demand it leaves you alone.
JarMan (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Depending on the situation, the human mind can actually make you believe you heard or seen things that weren't really there. Depending on what you were doing and what state of mind you were in, it's possible your mind was playing tricks with you when you heard the scream. That, or someone was outside that was yelling that simply took you by surprise.

Old attic ladders can be rickety and dangerous at best. It isn't that unusual to slip or fall or something. Sometimes I trip over my own two feet. But as I have stated in the past, I've known people who have been physically touched by spirits.

A virus is nothing to be called paranormal. I usually don't get sick, but it still happens. You need to pay it no mind and stop grasping at straws.

Being unable to move can be another thing entirely, known as sleep paralysis. I am not going to explain it, but you can look it up online. If you were sick and laying in bed, chances are you could have dozed off and suffered from sleep paralysis. In some cases people may suffer from it once a year, once every few months or even constantly. Some people think it can even be triggered by stress.

I am curious though, you say you'd be paralyzed for about 5 mins, but you'd cry for hours? What exactly is causing you to cry for hours? Seems a little over dramatic if you ask me.

Dreams are dreams and should be dismissed as such. Chances are you could have even caused the dream itself by assuming your issues are other worldly.

Here is what I really think, you may have been suffering from some undue stress or something (even if you don't realize it) and your body responded to it in some sort of way (yes you can even worry yourself sick).

Suddenly you start trying to connect the dots and now you've come up with something paranormal that is causing your problems.

It's something that quite common and more probable than you think.

I'd like to take a moment to tell you, I am offering one perspective on your problem. If you jump to the conclusion it's spirits every single time you have a run of bad luck, that's all it's ever going to be. It's quite easy for someone to fool themselves into believing something.

Whatever the case, I wish you the best of luck.
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
If there is something up there, try clensing the room first. That may help, I'm not sure but all the times I've tried it worked.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: