You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Creature's Head

Real Ghost Stories

Creature's Head

 

A few years ago I was separating and matching socks on my mother's bed. The feeling of being watched came to me, so I leaned over to look through the big windows and saw nothing. There was a tiny window behind me but no one could possibly be looking through that, because it's so high up, and there was an opened closet at my other side full of clothes, so no one could fit in there with out being noticed.

The same creepy feeling was present even after verifying that I was alone, I continued doing laundry. I humored myself thinking, "I wish something was on tv so I'd have something worth while to watch while I did laundry." (likely a coping mechanism to the creepy feeling)

The being-watched feeling finally got the best of me and I just had to turn my head towards the closet for reassurance.

There I stared at this floating animal-like head, no more than 2 feet from my face. I tried to get to my feet, but I was frozen in fear before I could run. It was dog-like with a long snout. It's fur was white and clean looking, with longer fur at the sides of it's face and neck area. At the sides of it's head it had long curly locks of the same fur, but the locks of fur reached passed my field of view towards the floor. The lips were very thin and pale but evident, it's nose was similarly vague, only instead of what you would expect a dog to have, this creature's nose was flat with slits like a reptile's. It just stared at me with over-sized black emotionless eyes, I don't recall seeing a reflection in them.

I finally gathered the courage to high-tail it out of the room, but my curiosity got the best of me, just as I was exiting the room I had to look back to confirm it was real. For the few fractions of a second I had to see the creature. I watched it slowly begin to turn it's head towards my direction, which only encouraged me to run even faster all the way into the living room and jump on the couch.

I informed my mother that I wasn't going back into the room - and that was that.

* I will add that this isn't my only encounter with a strange creature, but it is the most recent. I will also note that my spitz/border collie mix had gotten ran over prior to the event, roughly a month or 2 before hand, but there wasn't many similarities.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chickenasaurus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SilverMyst (1 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-28)
First time posting a comment on this site. Very interesting story. Can't help but compare this creatures head to that of the dragon in the movie The Neverending Story. Please Google it if you're not familiar with it. The movie was shown in the early 80's. It sounds like this creature was benevolent as it did not give off evil vibes. It could have been a manifestation of your spirit guide or protector. I've read other comments with similar feedback. I think you should revisit that memory and analyze it from every possible angle then analyze again...
howwilliknow (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
this one absolutely terrified me! It's nose was like a reptile?! And it being so close to your face! Ungh I would have screamed my head off (no pun intended) and probably would have whacked it with a sock or something close to me. Geez terrifying!
Saphira (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
I love your story and I always have the curiosity about strange creatures, paranormal, demons and spirits... ❤
Chickenasaurus (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
<_< didn't expect people to comment...
To answer questions:

I'm not aware of native tribes, I could do research, but I don't see how that would help much. Unless I can find a Native American mythologies site - or something similar.

The largest similarity the creature and my dog had in common was light, slightly curly fur. The creature's however was extremely white, not creamy like my dog's.

My mother had very little to say, she thought I was just being stubborn. I told her about the incident some time later. Creepy things aren't unheard of in my family.

We do not have any costumes/props in the house and if we did it wouldn't be in my mother's closet (she needs that space for all her clothes [that she never wares *coughcough*] and a big box of family pictures).

No, I've never seen it again, kind of want to keep it that way. Sometimes I feel like someone is peeking out of hallways/doorways (mostly in the living room), but I'm pretty sure that's just me being paranoid.

I still don't like going into my mother's room.

This experience is special, mostly because it was so close to me. I had once seen a creature outside (who ironically was headless) but this creature's head and the headless thing, just don't fit well together.

I do not remember any sounds or smells coming from the creature's head. After I told my mom, she just kind of nodded and let it go. (Again creepy things like this aren't uncommon.)
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
OMG OMG OMG

THis story scared me. It is hard to do but this is just too creepy! "it slowly begin to turn it's head towards my direction" I wanted to hide. This gave me the chills. I don't know what it was that you saw but sure scared the crap outta me. I honestly would probably never would have ever been able to sleep in that house ever again. This is something that would haunt me forever. I would be a lunatic
IrishGuy (30 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
What a strange experience! You said your dog had died about two months before the event but you said there wasn't many similarities between your dog and the dog like creature, so there was some at least? I'm just thinking its possible the creature you saw could have been the ghost of your recently departed dog. Maybe it didn't have enough energy to manifest fully and correctly to look exactly as it did while alive. Just a thought!
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
It almost seems like a native american spirit. Almost, just a feeling I have. Do know anything about the native tirbes that were in your area?
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
I agree that this is a very creepy experience. Especially since it turned its head toward you! 😨

It sounds like something you'd see in Hayao Miyazaki imagery. (Fabulous movies, if you haven't seen them, just beautiful. He's like the Disney of Japan).

Like many others I'm curious, what did your mom say? I cant' wait to read your other experiences! (I too love Chickenasauras. Cute name!) 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
That is so creepy... If anyone has any ideas as to what this might have been, other than a demon because that does not seem right, I would love to hear it. I have never heard of anything like this before. Maybe it was incapable of appearing in a proper form?
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Lol! I LOVE the name CHICKENSAURUS! It's GREAT! At least you've retained your sense of humor while dealing with the paranormal! That's an important thing! Have you talked to your mother about this? Could it possible have been an old costume or prop or something?
Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
This story is very creepy, and I can't believe it turned it's head to watch you as you were running out of the bedroom door. As I picture that scene in my minds eye when reading your story, well that's an image even I'm not going to be able to get out of my head!
Have you seen it or felt it since?
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
I've honestly never had such an experience before. It must have been dreadful to see. You have a lot of courage to look back cause I would have left the house if I saw that. I've been privileged enough in my experiences to never see something that close to me. Can you possibly elaborate more on the what else you saw? Any comparisons between this story and the other experiences?

-Jake-
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Freaky! To be Honest the only thing I know of remotely like this is the swamp spirit we Cajuns call the Loup Garou or the Moondog. Though not exactly and why only the head appeared is beyond me. Did It make a sound or have a smell? What did your mother have to say? Did she believe you?
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Chickenasaurus:

This is pretty creepy! I know what you mean about the feeling of being watched. I think the majority of us have felt that at one point or another. I hate that feeling!

The fact that this was just the head of a creature makes it a lot more eerie in my opinion. Maybe it didn't have enough energy to appear as a full entity, or maybe it was purposely trying to invoke fear in you by just showing its head. The fact that it turned toward you when you looked back must have been terrifying. I have no idea what this entity was, but I have heard of a human head appearing without its body before- and it was in a closet as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Warmest Wishes,

PrettyInPain 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: