You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Disapproving Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Disapproving Spirit

 

I have lived in numberous homes throughout my life that were "haunted." Most of the time the spirits were harmless but when I moved into my first home away from my parents at the age of 20 I found one that was not as nice.

In the fall of 1993 my best friend Amanda, her boyfriend, and I rented a mobile home together. I was excited to get out on my own and have some freedom. At first the home seemed perfect. It took us a while to furnish the place but it was coming along. The first encounter we had was about a month after we moved in. We had company and there were about 6 people present and playing video games. Amanda and her boyfriend's bedroom was directly off the living room and they had a bathroom that could only be accessed by going through their room. Suddenly we heard a very loud series of bangs coming from the bathroom. We were all scared by the noise and I was the only one brave enough to go check it out. I found nothing in there and no explanation for the bangs. We finally decided it must have been the pipes and left it at that although I felt it was too loud to simply be pipes.

Amanda and I got a job working third shift at a plant. We slept during the day. One afternoon while lying in bed I heard someone call my name. I was a little freaked out by it. The voice was female. I got up to see if someone had called me. Amanda was in her room sleeping and her boyfriend was outside working on the car with a friend. No one had called me. I had another incident where someone who was not there spoke to me. I was lying in bed after waking up early and dreading going to work. Suddenly I heard a voice saying "stop moving, she's coming!" About 3 minutes later Amanda came in a said it was time to get ready for work.

The most frigtening thing that happened did not happen to me but I did witness it. My bother and a friend were visting from Georgia. They had just arrived and Amanda came to my bedroom to let me know they were there. We walked out to the kitchen. I had just passed the refridgerator to greet my brother with Amanda right behind me. Suddenly a glass jar (I don't remember what was in the jar) came flying off the top of the refridgerator and missed hitting Amanda's head by inches. The logical explanation would be that as I walked by the vibration caused the jar to fall. I would go with that theory if the jar had not been sitting behind something else that was not disturbed at all.

One day Amanda told me she had seen a man wearing overalls standing in her room looking at her. She had no idea who he was and was pretty scared by it. She stopped going to sleep in her room alone.

I finally moved out about a year later. I was not getting along with Amanda's boyfriend and I could not take the stress any longer. After I had moved Amanda said that one night while her and him were sleeping she suddenly woke up. She was not sure why but something had jolted her awake. After lying there for a minute and waking her boyfriend the closet door fell and almost hit them. If they had not awakened it would have hit them.

We are not sure what was causing all the comotion in the home. It seemes as if most of the activity happened when we had company so one theory is the spirit or spirits in the home did not like having so many people around. Another theory is that they did not approve of Amanda and her boyfriend's relationship either because they weren't married or because they were an interracial couple. We will never find out.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cindi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
mmm my apologies cindid. I think I was in a mood yesterday. But be careful how you word things on here some people might get the wrong idea or impression. I was just wondering where your theorys came from when it could have been a million and one reasons why there was activity in that house. In your area is there a reason to think those theorys possible. Then I noticed after posting, you are from NC. I don't know to much history regarding the NC area but I know enough to think it could possibly make sence. I agree with chaos about whatever it was, was possibly feeding off bad energy, because you had stated you and your friends boyfriend did not get along well.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Is there any chance there was a *tiny* earthquake in the area that jolted the jar from the top of the fridge? It wouldn't take much. Was the home on a slant at all - sitting on a hill, anything like that?
That might help with some of the stuff you mentioned.

The voices and the guy in the overalls - I've got nothing.

It might be just me, but it seems like sometimes there tends to be more activity in homes where people aren't getting along well. Whether the activity comes first or the disagreements - I don't know. Just seems like there might be a link there.
cindid2008 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
LOL that is so funny. My children are bi-racial so I don't think I have a problem with that. Silly people
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
I'm going with bacchaegrl on this one, jzinck seems to be getting huffy over what Cindi was passing along. A simple observation that other folks are tight assed when it comes to interracial couples, doesn't make the observer also tight assed.

*humph!*
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Wha? Why are you shaming the poster? Because she mentioned an interracial couple? I admit, I see nothing wrong with that. I doubt the poster sees anything wrong with that either. They aren't that good of theories, because there is no evidence backing up these claims, but they are just theories. The poster did not say directly that she was against the couple's actions. I wouldn't say "shame on you". Sheesh, that's pretty harsh. Unless Cindi outright describes a bias she may have, there is no reason to criticize. Maybe the ghost, if there was infact one at all, is old fashioned. I wouldn't hurl insults so readily. I don't think Cindi said either in reference to herself. She meant in addition to the other reasons the spirit may have been upset. I'll give you one thing, though, jzinck, you sure know how to read between the lines.

This comment from jzinck is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: