You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices Or Imaginations?

Real Ghost Stories

Voices Or Imaginations?

 

I did promise you guys another story. So here it is. This happened somewhere around 2010.

I just got back from a long day out with my parents. We were home around 8-9. I was the first one to enter the house. I went into my room and closed the door, getting ready for a late night shower. My parent's room is just next to my room, to the left. Then while taking off my clothes, I heard my mum called my name.

So I went to her room, but to find her room door closed, so I thought she was changing or something. "Yes mum?" I shouted from outside. No response. After that my dad asked me "what are you doing?" "Mum called me. She's inside right? "Feeling a little confused already." She's downstairs "I froze. I turned the door knob and the door was locked.

"What? I heard mummy call my name a few minutes ago! "My dad didn't say anything and brushed it off. I just ran into my room, grabbed my clothes, took a shower and went straight to bed.

The next day, I didn't feel satisfied, so I asked my mum, "Did you call my name last night?" Well of course, she said no and asked why. So I explained to her and she brushed it off.

Non-believer (hahahaha)

I wasn't actually scared of my house, just being a curious cat. Sometimes I see people dart around the house and feel like someone is watching me. My mum, brother and I are mostly the ones that has encounter with something. My dad is the only one that has never had any experience. Out of all the encounters, I think my brother is the worst for me. I'll post it some other time.

Other hauntings by unicorns_16

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unicorns_16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
Hypnogogic hallucinations do not apply here because, by definition they only occur when one is half-asleep. One has to at least be nodding off which you obviously are not doing while up moving around doing things like getting undressed. Other things can cause hallucinations like certain medications or illegal drugs, high fevers, brain lesions, and psychotic disorders. But when healthy non-drug-users who have not taken prescribed medications experience these auditory anomalies we have to look for other explanations. Our brains are complex and can fool us but until we have some brain scans of non-psychotic individuals during one of these events, a paranormal explanation of some kind can't be completely taken off the table. Seeing things dart by & the feeling of being watched are also known hallucinations, but until a cause can be found, they do raise the eyebrows.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
These sounds are common, I hear them all the time, especially when I'm alone and it's quiet. They're called hypnogogic hallucinations and, normally, occur when you're halfway between awake and sleep. But they can happen when it's quiet. They're ususally auditory hallucinations that are played back to us, sometimes someone calling our names. I often hear my mom say my name when she's nowhere near me. As far as the other things that you say you notice, I'm not sure, but good luck and keep us posted!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
I believe this is a pretty common occurrence. It happened to me once. There seems to be a lot of confidence out there that it is basically a hallucination. But that is hard to accept when it happens to you, you can't help but think, "I didn't think I heard my name called out I KNOW I heard it." I can't really say what it is, a real voice mimicking that of someone in your life or a disturbingly realistic imaginary event. But I know it is freaky when it happens.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: