You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Little Girl And The Nursing Home

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl And The Nursing Home

 

I would love to share my short experience with all of you and say hello to everyone. Well to begin with I am a new baby LVN nurse and my first job of course is at a nursing home and rehab center (Most have some form of psychosis, past drug addicts, or were homeless people). I work the 2 pm to 10 pm shift and sometimes a little later since I am still new and trying to get the jest of things.

On my third day of orientation it was already late, when one of the CNAs comes to tell me one of the residents is very upset, and begins to tell them that there is a disaster coming and that her and the little girl are packing and leaving to go to safety. Since I was a newbie I thought nothing of it, knowing the resident a little I figured she was probably sun-downing (it's when a person with a form of dementia tends to change moods and becomes extremely disoriented.) Of course the nurses and the CNAs looked at me like I was crazy and told me that no usually when the little girl is around someone is going to pass on.

Right when they were explaining it to me the resident's red call light goes off, nobody wanted to go and check so I got up and said I would. After we followed each other to the residents room, I walked in there I seemed to feel a uneasy, but what scared me the most was that the blinds had been pulled down at child's level with the curtain sticking in the blinds. In my opinion I did not believe that the resident had done that... But as the CNA turned off her call light and it came right back on, nobody but I and the CNA entered the room: everyone stayed in the hallway looking in. I'm not going to lie it did scare me too. After that incident I felt like I was being followed out in the hallway.

We also have another resident who is schizophrenic and mumbles a lot of words... But this time when I passed by he stopped mumbling and just followed me with his eyes the whole time and did not speak at all, but it wasn't me he was following it was something behind me because he did not once look at me. I tried to blow it off, but it still scares me. The staff did tell me that not just one resident sees the child, but most of them do.

Just recently, (actually a couple of hours ago) I was doing Med Pass. I gave this gentleman his medicine, without giving out too much info about him; he had suffered from a horrible form of meningitis and now cannot function normally. He can understand you but he is unable to control his body movements or speak.

As I finished giving him his medication he grabbed my arm and began to motion with his eyes that someone was behind me. Of course I turned around to look and nobody was there, I sat at eye level with him and told him I couldn't see who was there, but he kept on holding on to my arm and kept on looking behind me.

Again it did scare me... But this time I figured someone was there because we have a resident who is actively dying... I do believe in supernatural situations and we will see what happens from now on... To me I think death is coming as a little girl or maybe it is an angel... I really don't know yet... Although thank gosh I haven't started working night shifts...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Magdalena88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Magdalena88 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
[at] Nysa I'm sorry I meant the shades to the blinds where pulled down... You know the horizontal ones? It was pulled down like someone just pulled down on them to look outside... Really creepy...
[at] Moongrim I know it sounds ridiculous but no they staff told me that most of the residents see the little girl keep in mind I work with a lot Alzheimer's/dementia patients and when one says it and a resident who barely speaks at all say something... Its kind of weird... You don't have to believe the story... But I like to believe in the supernatural... Besides there is a bit of spirituality in nursing in my opinion that one has to go through especially in this area...
[at] Miralcles51031 I think when the times come again I will be more thorough with what she looks like as of now none of the residents are on their deathbed so it might be awhile...
[at] redphx She or whatever it is mischievous... Believe me its no fun turning off random call lights in some of the empty rooms down the empty hallways... That is about the only thing that happens when I'm on duty
[at] cosmogal926 Actually no none of them think twice about it... Like I've said before the ones that see her are the ones with the Alzheimer's/dementia...
[at] stephy2001 LoL I saw that episode! We have a therapeutic cat... But I don't think it does the whole walk into the room of a dying resident then the resident dies spiel...LoL
[at] MissyM No none of the residents fear her and yeah that's what we think she is... The staff that's been working there for a while always say if the residents see the little girl that soon one of the residents is going to pass on... So far all my residents are well and alive... I don't believe she shoes herself to the person who is going to die... Usually the ones with the mental illnesses are the ones who mention her... Actually today I had one of my Alzheimer's resident say to me "Get her off that bed!" when I asked him he changed the subject and basically forgot what he was telling me... I just remembered... Lol still trying to recover from a hectic 8 hour shift... I don't know I hope no one goes...I'm trying to think who is... But like I said all my residents are ok... But one never knows...
[at] deejayy53 I will lol no night shift yet!
[at] Javelina Actually no this place has always been a nursing home... Fairly new 10 years I believe... I don't believe they fear her exactly but I don't know its hard when a resident can't exactly verbally tell you what's going on... I really don't know but I do believe in the supernatural and to me Death can appear in many forms
[at] DeviousAngel Your welcome... Actually who knows... To me I think its death taking form of a little girl but I can't say since I have not seen her... Who knows later on...
[at] clever210 I will! I kind of hope that I don't...I'm kind of a scaredy cat when it comes to this stuff... Love it but at the same time fear it
😆 😊 😆
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Could you clarify a few things please? When the patient's call light came on was she no longer in the room? Also, when you say the blinds were pulled down at child's level do you mean they were open the right amount for a child to stand & look out the window? Thanks.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Wow, I'm surprised that someone with your educational level can so easily be duped. You're the newbie and they're putting you on. No one has ever seen the 'girl' and yet they know she's a girl.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Magdalena88 - is there no one in the nursing home, residents or staff, who has actually seen this little girl that can describe her to you? My boyfriend's mom and 2 of his sisters work in one and they have residents much like the ones you have described, so I know it might be difficult to find someone who is "sound" enough to talk to about her.

I agree with some of the others that it's just a little off that a little girl would be the "Angel of Death" so to speak and for her to create fear instead of a calmness is a bit unnerving. Where my boyfriend's mom and sisters work, there is an elderly married couple, former residents, who come to foretell of the deaths, but I don't believe anyone is afraid of them.

Maybe it's just because she's a child in a nursing home? Then again, maybe there is more to this little girl than meets the eye.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
don't be afraid. It seems this child though mischievious (sp) she seems to be harmless and enjoys being with the residents. You can speak to her if you'd like to. Ask her to not follow you as you are doing your rounds because you are working.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
That is pretty freaky. I feel bad for the poor residents. I'm sure they are all on edge whenever the little girl is around. Sounds like you got yourself a very interesting job. If you have any more experiences, please let us know. Thanks for posting. 😊
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Does anyone watch House? This story reminds me of that Death Cat episode, where the cat would lie in bed with the patient that was going to die next. 😳
That was explainable. Seeing a little girl? That's just...yikes!
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
What a eerie story. I used to work in an elderly home as a PSW in the assisted living unit and had to take care of a lot of residence who had various mental and physical illnesses. Your story really touched home to me and gave me the willies... Lol

Are the residences scared of the little girl? She kind of sounds like the reaper in little girl form. I'm assuming they must be some what scared (or maybe relieved) if she predicts the amount of time they have left in this world.
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
wow! I agree with both people when they say that is a creppy story! And yes, please keep us posted on what happens, especially when you start the night shift! Good luck with everything!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
[at] Magdalena88,
I'm wondering if this is an older building, or if it had been used as something else before it became a nursing facility.
The patients fear of the little girl seems so intense that it is difficult to see her as a welcoming entity. It's almost as if there is something not right about this scenario. She obviously is not there to assist anyone in crossing over, that seems like it would take a more calming presence. This is not calming anyone that you mentioned so far. It sounds like the fear it's generating is done on purpose. Why even show yourself if you know it's going to frighten people?
Hmm...

Jav 😕 🤔
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Very spooky story! I wonder if maybe the child was the daughter of someone who lived there? Thank you for sharing this...
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Wow, I would have been majorly creeped out as well. Thanks for sharing this with us. Please keep us posted on any new happenings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: