You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: James Dean Look Alike In My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

James Dean Look Alike In My Closet

 

This incident happened when I was 17 years old. I was always aware of a certain sixth sense in me. It was never really strong, but then again being 17, there were many other important things in my life. So it could be that I just choose to put the "sixth sense" on the back burner. However, at times it would jump out at me to make sure I didn't forget... Such as my encounter with a famous movie star.

I remember so clearly... I was living with my Grandparents. It was around 10pm. They were in bed sleeping. I was in my room, trying to go to sleep. The closet was too my left approx 8 feet from my bed. I was tossing and turning for about 30mins, very frustrated that I couldn't slumber off. The only light in the room was coming from the moon through the window, and I remember it being bright. I turned my head from looking out my window to the closet on my right.

Suddenly the form of a man appeared in the door way of my closet (closet door was open). I felt frozen because my mind couldn't process what I was really seeing... I remember staring for what seemed like at least one minute trying to convince myself that I was seeing things. As my eyes moved from his feet to his head I was absolutely sure of what I was witnessing. There he was, smiling. Grinning actually. I saw as clear as day what he was wearing and it was exactly what the greasers looked like in the movie "Grease". Jeans rolled at the bottom with cuffs. He had on a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket, unzipped. The best part of all this... He was actually smoking a cigarette! No kidding... He put the smoke in his mouth, inhaled and blew it out. All while he was still grinning at me.

Well, you could imagine my shock. Honestly I was paralyzed with fear. After witnessing this for I would say the better part of two minute I started screaming off the top of my lungs. When no-one came running to my rescue I screamed louder. What can I say I was panicked! Finally, my grandmother came in with her hair on fire. I was expecting her to come to my bed and console me but instead she was livid! She said " God dam it, your screaming like someone just got murdered" " the neighbors are going to think something happened and call the police, go back to sleep"

I'm laughing thinking about it now. She remembers that vividly and she is now 85. Once she shut the door he was gone. I slept with the light on for the rest of the evening and you know what else... To this day, 20 years later I still need to sleep with the closet door closed!

Other hauntings by Alyssa11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alyssa11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
I understand where you are coming from about the fear. As we grow older and we experience different things and it kind of becomes part of us (even if we don't like it) and those experience define who we are us a person. That fear is always there because we don't know if it's going to be the same or more scary. I have a story that I'm going to post here soon, that I experienced right after my niece and nephews experienced. I think the fear of something being there is more intensified when the ghost fully show itself to you or you get the feeling that it is hard for you to protect the young one.

I was from Toronto (Scarborough area) but moved to Ajax about three months ago.
Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Hi Geetha,
Even when I read this story again I feel a sense of awe. It just sounds so unbelievable but it really HAPPENED and that's what freaks me out the most. To answer your questions, I am still scared of spirits. I wish to God I wasn't, but I am. I think now that I'm older I can tolerate the fear. If that makes any sense.
About the story with my daughter, well I am scared for her and for me. I hate the idea that "something" is frightening her enough that she is uncomfortable in her own bed at night when that's were she should feel the safest, it makes me kind of angry actually. I'm also scared for me because the little girl inside me would still like to remain hidden under the covers herself. But I can't be that little girl anymore. I need to strong for my girl.
Oh and I'm from Toronto ON, where are you from?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Although, I haven't personally experienced any closet ghosts, stories like yours is why I keep my closet doors closed... Major Creepy... But then again who wouldn't want a sexy look alike grinning at you. For me, I probably would like Canadian hottie Ryan Gosling in the closet but Ryan Reynolds would be great to...

Okay getting off topic... Great story... Thanks for giving one more reason to keep my closet closed... Quick question... I understand about see ghosts in a closet can be freaky, especially when you were younger, but how about now? Are you able to cope with the possibility of ghosts now that you are older?

Sorry... One more question... In your latest story about your daughter, you mentioned that you were scared... Were you scared because your daughter is experiencing the paranormal or fear of the paranormal starting in your house? Just out of curious and you don't have to answer if you don't want to but I'm Canadian also, and I was wondering what part of Canada are you from?
Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Hi Everyone! My replies...

Stephyw - You know I have not even attempted to look into an open closet since then so I wouldn't even know if there was something in there! LOL

Miracles - My Gramma has tonnes of old pictures, there isn't anyone that I have seen that looked like my closet friend.

DragonStorm - You know, I never figured out whom it was that came out of the closet. And no, my Grandparents don't live there anymore ❤
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Hi Alyssa11, I really liked reading your story. I just love these old fashioned ghost stories. I don't blame you sleeping with the closet doors closed. I'm 41 and will never sleep with a closed door open or in a pitch black room. I just hate it when a ghost pops up just like that in the dark and let you feel that your room is too small for both of you. Take care and thanks for sharing. Trix. 😉
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
OOH OOH RYAN REYNOLDS!::drool:: Good call Missy!

That's funny you still sleep with the closet door closed. I just had a conversation with my sister about closet doors. It basically involved her wanting it closed because she sees it as a "dark vortex at the end of her bed" and her boyfriend argues "but its not a dark vortex, its a closet!" He wants it open.
😆

Anyway, at least you saw a hot ghost though, as opposed to a scary looking one. Have you ever seen anything in your closet again? That would be funny if you closed the closet door and it knocked.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Alyssa - just out of curiosity, did you ever look at family photos to see if maybe it was a deceased relative or family friend that popped in that night? Since your grandma is still alive, I'd see if she has old pictures and start reminiscing. You never know who might have been a James Dean look-alike.

I really think even now, 20 years later, if it's possible I'd do that. Maybe even to be able to say "see, I'm not crazy after all!" 😉
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Indigo your too funny! 😆

Ill take a Ryan Reynolds look-a-like in my bed and a Scarlett Johansson look-a-like for my husband in the closet.:)

Cheers!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
[at] Indigo You crack me up! At least it wasn't a scary looking black eyed spook, I get your point there ha ha ha

Alyssa ~
Did you ever find out "who" decided to "come out of the closet" at your granparents house that evening? Do they still live there now?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
sounds creepy to me!
Finally, someone who see's a ghost and then screams bloody murder! Lol, I would be reacting the same way. And what is it with closets? They are scary at night! ❤
Indigo (263 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Ummmm...if nobody can send me one that looks like James Dean, could you PUHLEEASE send one that looks like Mike Rowe? For this I'd be forever grateful! They don't even have to do anything, just stand there and look hot!
Indigo (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
All I can say is... I want one! Where do I get on that looks like this?!?!?! I'm even willing to send mine your way as a trade...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: