You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Spirits Still Haunt Me?

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirits Still Haunt Me?

 

This is a true account of what happened to me in my apartment which is haunted. It used to be the first jail of the city of Medicine Hat, or so I was told. I haven't heard any stories but I have heard from others that have spent time in this building that they have seen ghosts.

It was in this apartment that I had first experienced being held down in my bed. The first time I don't really remember because I didn't believe it had actually happened to me. My sister said that she had felt the same thing a few times before. The second time it had happened, less than two weeks ago, it had started in my dream. I was held down in my dream and then was lifted from my bed and rotated to be perpendicular from my dream bed and was about a foot away from the bed about 2-3 feet in the air. It was around this time that I had woken up and was being held down for real in my bed, it only lasted maybe 15 seconds then I could move again.

Within 5 days of this dream I was told that there was a ghost seen by someone who was in the living room. It had appeared at the door and walked towards the kitchen. The door to the apartment is bolted and locked every night. Anyone who had the key was asleep.

And just last night I had another scary experience. It was just before two in the morning and I was settling down for the night. I'm a night owl and tend to stay up late no matter what time I have to be up in the morning for work. I was laying on my stomach turned to my right. I felt this tugging feeling on my shirt. From the way I was laying I had thought at first that my shirt was twisted. But then I felt a weird pressure on my side, like there was a cat lying there. Every time I exhaled it would kind of push back.

This went on for about ten minutes before I got too scared and asked my mom to come in my room. I was too scared to move too much so I used my cell to call her even though she was just in the next room. I was shaking by the time she came, luckily she was half awake from when I grabbed a drink of water earlier.

After I had calmed down she went back to bed and so did I. But then not five minutes after it had started again. Again I had called her from my cell as I was too scared to move. This time she said some more prayers and asked if I wanted her to sleep with me for the rest of the night, I said yes. So she stayed with me for the rest of the night. It took forever to fall asleep, and I started feeling the tugging and pressure again. But it was faint and wouldn't grow as strong as quickly as before, so I didn't pay any mind to it and finaly passed out from exhaustion.

About four hours later when we both had to get up she had told me that she felt the same thing when she had woken up. A tugging on her shirt, not long after her alarm went off and she was just lying in bed with me. At first she thought it was me but when she turned to look at me I was facing the other way and still asleep.

Other hauntings by Satoshichan2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Satoshichan2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
The first experience sounds very similar to sleep paralysis... Especially since you can remember the dream that started the sensation. Few people remember that so it scares them into thinking something paranormal happened. The tugging is very creepy indeed especially since your mom felt it too...
Oh, and bravo to your mom for being so understanding about staying the night with you! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: