You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Toy Box

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Toy Box

 

I don't actually remember this story but I do remember the toy box and I know that it would not be a lie. This is my earliest experience with a ghost (I think I have had two others).

It happened in my living room when I was around two years old. My living room which is a long rectangle shape has the kitchen at one end and a big window at the other which had my box of toys in front of it. I was watching Tv, my dad and my mum were in the kitchen cooking tea.

My dad said the show I was watching wasn't a scary one, it was a game show, but all of a sudden I started screaming and crying. My dad came to me to see what was wrong with me. I still would not stop crying and I started pointing at the curtains. When I'd finally stopped my dad managed to ask me what had happened I said "The curtains moved and there was something in the box." My dad went to look but there was nothing there. He then took me to the box holding my hand but I got scared and started crying again. My dad believes in ghosts

But my mum doesn't, she ignored it and got on with making tea.

A few days passed and I was still really scared of the box. My dad wanted to know where the box had came from and it turned out it was from my dads Gran (my great gran) who had given it to my gran who had given it to my dad and now I had it. It had been in the family for ages so my dad wasn't going to give it away but I was still terrified of this box so eventually he put it in the cupboard under the stairs, every time I went near it I got this weird feeling so I said I wanted it to go.

My dad moved it to the attic where it stayed for years and I forgot it existed until I went up there last Christmas to get the decorations, and again I said I had a feeling like I wasn't the only one there. I went downstairs and told my mum who got really freaked out and started saying I was being stupid. I knew there was something wrong. Then my dad got back (he was out getting the Christmas tree) my mum and him talked for ages. I tried to listen but couldn't make anything out except that it was about the box. That was when I found out about this story.

Please leave comments to say what you think it might be.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DansGS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Hmmm...Haunted toy box. That's pretty cool if you ask me. Thanks for sharing this very intersting story
DansGS (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
Hi guys sorry I have taken a while to write back! While I have been away I found out a little more about the box it was once used by a theater to store props in? Maybe something from there as the theater is supposedly haunted!?
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
[at] JarMan, you're an asspancake, but don't worry about it, it's nothing.

He said that his parents told him the story and he just relayed it. Also, I can remember when my parents moved from our appartment to our first house and I was two and a half. I vividly remember watching them carry a bed frame up the stairs. Just becuase you can't remember what you ate for breakfast this morning doesn't mean everyone else has the memory of a troll! That's right I called you a troll!

[at] Dans, your story is creepy. If I were you I'd try to find out the history behind this box and then get rid of it. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best,
Fanny ❤
JarMan (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
You can't remember the story, but you wrote it up and sent it over here anyways? And you were that young? Most people don't remember things that young.

Not only that, kids act like kids, At two years old, anything and everything could have scared you. Kids are irrational.

I say it's nothing and don't worry about it.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Kind of a cool story but I don't think that a two year old may have the same memory years later. It could have been some kind of an animal...bug...spider...creepy crawly thing that freaked you out, being only two years old. It is a neat story though.
sg304 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
well, firstly this is freaky stuff,

Secondly I would have said the imagination of a 2 year old is strong BUT you fell this "feeling" now you are younger, perhaps a spirit of your family had attached itself to the box, mabye not. How old is the box? Was your GGM the first person to own the box?

Thx
Sg304
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
I think you should question your parents about their conversation regarding this box. I don't know how it could have gotten haunted if it has been in your family for so long. Unless it is one of your family members. It is possible that something found the box and took a liking to it and moved in. I've heard of certain beings doing this. I don't want to say that this box is haunted without further investigation. Please investigate and let us know what you find.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Two year olds are still trying to figure out the world around them, so it is hard to guess what you might have seen. That it had an immediate effect on you after having forgotten about it for years is quite odd. You say you felt you were not alone, but you don't say you were frightened or felt threatened. This makes me wonder if you can physically feel the history of the box, or perhaps you are picking up on a strong emotion that one of your family members felt about it. Have you gone back up to see if this feeling is consistent?
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
It's possible that there is paranormal activity associated with that box. It would be interesting to know what the story surrounding that object is, but it's hard to know since it's so old. Is your grandmother still around? Would she know since it was her mother that gave it to her? Try asking. You might be surprised at what you find.
unicorns_16 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Have you ever looked inside the box?

Since it was pass down from generations, maybe what's containing inside the box has something to do w your ancestors? And that the things are valuble to them?
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Hello,

Just a couple questions...
Has it always been used as a toy box? Was it perhaps a hope chest or a traveling chest or something like that?

What is is made out of? (I'm assuming wood)

Is it plain wood, or does it have paintings, carvings, etc on it?

Is it still in your attic now? Have you talked to your dad about it since the last experience?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: