You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices In The Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Voices In The Basement

 

I just moved in with my boyfriend at the beginning of the summer, and even before I moved in I had strange experiences in the house.

Just some background info, the house we live in is 100 years old. Just about everyone in the little village that I live in has either lived in it or had a family member that's lived in it, and everyone tells me its haunted. And boyyy do I ever believe them!

The time that really scared my boyfriend and I was a night in December. I was laying on the bed and he was playing around and laying on the floor with his back facing the bed. While he was laying there we both started to get cold chills and just thought it was because it was winter time and didn't think anything of it. Then he said he felt something soft rub down his back. We both thought it was the cat but when we looked for him, he wasn't even inside the house. So we both got scared and he jumped up on the bed.

After that I started getting this feeling that we were being watched, then all of a sudden he felt the soft thing rub up his leg. We didn't see anything moving so that's when he got really scared and left the room. While he was running out I could see the outline of a girl behind him and told him about it. Then we heard steps going downstairs and then this terrible, loud and just bone chilling laugh coming from the basement.

It was in the middle of a snow storm so we really couldn't leave the house, so we just sat in the livingroom and waited to see what was going to happen next. And the wait wasn't long.

All of a sudden we started hearing this scary girl's voice saying our names and giggling afterwards. Both of us told it to leave us alone, but everytime we did, it would walk up the steps a little further and just laugh at us.

I've had a lot of experiences in my life time, but this is the first time something hasn't listened when I said to go away, does anyone know what this could mean?

I no it hasn't left our house, I hear it laughing everyday when I'm alone and I can always feel it. It just doesn't listen so it makes me think that this is one strong demon.

Other hauntings by deejayy53

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deejayy53, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Let me get this straight. You have an extremely terrifying experience in your boyfriend's house so you move in there? Are you insane? Having said that, I know for a fact that a man died in my boyfriend's house and I moved in in January, perhaps it's me who is insane!

Make sure you update us further if anything else happens.

Best,
Fanny ❤
ngute80 (220 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Deviousangel... Like I said in my last comment "NOBODY HAS ALL THE ANSWERS". So no, I absolutely do not believe I know everything. And if you The bottom line is that we ALL need to concentrate on helping eachother and not going back and forth. Its a waste of time and helps nobody.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
ngute80, I do not understand how you felt people were insulting you. You spoke your opinion and others disagreed with it, no one told you that you were stupid or anything like that. And hopefully you do not think that since you have been involved in the paranormal for a long time that you know everything, or more than anyone else here.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Zzsgranny thank you for explaining that to me without being rude or judgment. I believe slightly different, but that's the beauty of this site. Everyone can offer advice and share knowledge. Nobody has all the answers and we can all keep an open mind to learn. Thank you
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I really thank everyone for all your advice! 😁 The next time I hear anything from the little one I'm just going to tell her to calm down and see what happens from there!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
ngute: People are so against "demons" because demonic infestations are extremely rare... Some people believe that every spirit is demonic, that's just what they've been taught to believe... To me this sounds like a spoiled booger little kid, who doesn't want to listen to the grown-ups, and has no reason to 😆...

She doesn't seem to be physically hurting you, just playing games... Try burning some frankincense or sage... These are incenses that are approved by most Christian denominations... 😊
ngute80 (220 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Sorry I meant deviousAngel, thanks for reminding about the oil hstaining. I just want to say that I have been involved in the paranormal for a long time, so please do not insult me or anyone else for that matter. Thank you
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I do not understand why people are so anti demon. No I do not believe everything is a demon. When I read her story that is the feeling I got and the reader has a feeling it is as well. Of course I could be wrong. I'm just trying to help the reader if I can, not get into a debate about demons or whatever else.
Jarman you are right about the oil staining. I didn't think about that. Thank you.
Please keep us posted. Thank you for sharing
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
agree with devious on this it sounds like a naughty child just trying to get your attention, which it is with you keep opening the bassment door.
It sounds just like a child, (NOT A DEMON!) have you ever seen the tv program supernanny? Kids on there do this all the time to push the parents. She is playing with you and loving the fact that your reacting the way you are.
Personaly I would surgest the next time she does this tell her in a calm voice that you don't mind her being there or playing but you will just ignore her naughty behaviour, try leaving a toy or a doll for her to play with she might calm down a bit.
Hope this helps
Carl
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
If it is still doing it, you should set up a video camera and leave it recording to see if you can pick up any images or sounds which you are describing.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I don't think it's a demon. Not everything is a demon. What makes this girl so scary? The fact that she giggles? Have you actually seen a clear image of her? She could just be a playful little kid. If I were her, I'd be offended if someone called me a demon. Do you have any examples of strictly demonic activity? Maybe then we could get to the bottom of this.
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
i have more to add to this. Yesterday when my boyfriend and I were making supper we could hear her, or it, whatever, running up and down the basement stairs, just laughing. And when we opened the door it stopped and started again once we closed it and did that for an hour or so.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Ngute - also keep in mind that the person who does that has to make sure that they own the house, because that oil absorbs into the paint and shows up later. I know there was at least one story on here where someone saw oily crosses on the walls and was wondering what that was all about. Also curious as to why you think it is a demon, just because it is being playful and creepy. It may very well be the spirit of an ill behaved child, which is really what this sounds like to me.
JarMan (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Remember, in most cases, spirits were living people once too. Just because you tell it to go away or leave you alone doesn't mean it will, or has to. They still have a mind (and will) of their own.

Keep in mind trying to cleanse the house could actually make matters worse in some situations, so be absolutely sure you are willing to risk a possible retaliation.
JarMan (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
[at] ngute80 - Why exactly do you think it is a demon? I'd like to know you reasoning behind that? Jumping to the conclusion of a demon is a pretty drastic step!

It sounds like a haunting, but one of the best things to do is try and keep a sense of skepticism about you. If you don't, the only thing that will happen is your situation will spiral out of control.

The house is old, so it will have some history, but don't be surprised if you can't get as much information as you'd like. A lot of older houses were built before they started keeping public records of everything.

It doesn't sound like whatever is in your house is evil, so don't treat it like it is until you it respond in a way that is threatening.

Keep a level head about you, write down what happens and let us know what is going on. Sometimes you just have to *learn* to live with what is happening in your house.
ngute80 (220 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
I agree with you, it sounds like a demon. Have you tried holy water or blessed extra virgin olive oil? I do not know what your religion is, but hey if you want this thing out of your house its worth a shot. What I do is pray over extra virgin olive oil and dip my finger in the oil and make the sign of the cross on every door, window and closet while praying. I hope this helps you and please keep us posted. God Bless
Nancy
stephyw2001 (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Hmmm. I think you have the right idea by telling it you leave you alone, but by retreating the voice giggled because it knew you didn't mean it (were scared). You have to mean it! This is YOUR house now! You can share if you like, but darnit, like any room mate you have to lay down the rules. Be strong! Be assertive! You can do it! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: