You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Poltergeist, Ghost Or Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist, Ghost Or Guardian Angel?

 

I live in Estes Park, CO.

Me and my partner moved into an apartment home that is located downstairs from the business we opened.

Recently, I was wakened at about 2:30 am by the sound of the washing machine running. Also, a small alarm to a 02 concentrator nearby went off. That wasn't it. I could also here a faint alarm going off upstairs in our business. So I got dressed and went upstairs. When I arrived, the door was unlocked, all the lights were turned on, and the ADT alarm was making a very faint murmur of a sound. I turned off the lights, turned off the alarm and re-locked the door. The next morning I called ADT to see if they registered the alarm going off at the time it did. They reported no unusual activity!

Since then, a small glass box on my nightstand that I use every night to place jewelry in disappeared. A month later it was found wrapped in cloth on a high shelf along the backside! This occurred the same day I had a conversation with a customer about their experience at the Stanley Hotel. I told them I was a sceptic and found it hard to conceive how something without ligaments, tendons and muscles, could move objects.

Very recently, we heard footsteps upstairs at night, and the next morning a couch that had absolutely no indentations on it, had three impressions as though someone was sitting in it. Hoses tucked behind the couch for oxygen intake were found visibly hanging over the couch.

Everyday some objects move to new locations in the house literally!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadadae, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
You know what would be both ironic and funny? Just go to someone's house that has ADT, STEAL their ADT sign and put it in your yard. 😆 Criminals won't really investigate further than the lawn sign, and you won't have to pay for the service. Its ironic because its a company aiming to have your house NOT robbed. (Just to clarify, I haven't done this, just thought about it) haha.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
I dunno, our family has had ADT for a couple of years now and we have had no issues. We have found out involuntarily on several occasions that the alarm still works lol. I am assuming that the author did a once-over of the building before locking everything back up and leaving. Just about anything can set those alarms off though, and if you catch them in time it does not register on ADT's systems. Depending on what type of alarm system you have (like the ones that have the two-part sensors, for example) they can easily be set off by things such as a tree branch hitting the window, an earthquake, etc. If anything, I would say you have a poltergeist/trickster on your hands. It was at least polite enough not to break your jewelry box so I do not think it is willing to do things that bother you enough to get rid of it. Maybe just testing the limits? If something happens, just tell it out loud to knock it off.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Well, like most people with security systems, they're lulled into a false sense of security... They think they're paying for a high dollar no fail system, therefore anything happening has to be paranormal, because they're safe from human entry, right? Well, google ADT security sucks and you'll see a few doozies! Why would she have even thought to check anything? Their home and business had been secured fir them supposedly, so of course it wasn't human...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Wow! Indigo, all that is very interesting. But it is also very frightening. Why does this company even have the licensing?
You know, they have offered up free systems to people in the neighborhood if they would let them put a sign up in their front yard.
I still don't see any signs anywhere!
But the other part of what occurred here is still suspect. The doors being unlocked and the lights being on should have at least caused them to worry. But it looks to me like people are now looking for a paranormal explanation first, when in fact, that should be the last.

Jav
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Lol...not one for being normally skeptical here, BUT, I moved into this house six years ago. The home was equipped with ADT. I moved in alone, with my now ex-husband coming a few weeks later. The very first night the ADT went off. No matter what I did the alarms kept going and even calling ADT didn't help. It finally shut off on it's own. After FOUR STRAIGHT nights of this I ripped the wires out of the walls and right out of the main box. I then called ADT and told them I no longer required their services! Next, at a business I helped start from the ground up, the owner told me he wanted ADT. I warned him but he insisted. We got ADT. The main glass doors were broken in with a piece of the sidewalk outside and the alarm never went off. The owner was inside, and heard nothing. I stopped by to drop off paperwork and had to ask what happened. He called and cancelled the ADT the next day! Since then, I've never heard anything good about ADT, only horrible things, such as the BTK killer used to work for them, and that's how he gained access to peoples homes.

Now, I'm not trying to scare you here, but IMHO, if you have ADT security, you're MUCH safer with the ghosts! Please rethink your security system before doing anything else.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Shadadae,
I don't know for certain, but the fact the the ADT was making a "slight noise" and it didn't register with them is just weird.
Plus, I find it odd that when you discovered that in your upstairs business, the doors unlocked, the lights on, and the ADT alarm going off; that you just locked up and turned everything off.
What happened to calling the alarm company and the police?
This whole scenario is wrong. It makes no sense for anyone to behave in this manner when confronted with what you say you were. So this is either BS or you are the most gullible person around.

Jav
skarjj1 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
most likely a mischievous ghost that's all I can say and I wish the minimum characters wasn't 50
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Shadadae - 😊 sometimes they just want you to know they are there. Especially when you claim to be a skeptic. How's that working out for you now? 😉

I seriously wouldn't be alarmed by them, considering they wrapped your jewelry box in a cloth to protect it from breaking. Seems like very nice and conscientious ghost (s) to me. They wanted your attention and now they have it. Most of the time it's possible to live in harmony with them. My kids and I do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: