You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Angel Or Mayan God?

Real Ghost Stories

Angel Or Mayan God?

 

The story I want to share with you took place in 2004. I was 30 years old then and working in quality control for a big hotel chain. I am male and have always been sensitive to spirits and a firm believer in the paranormal.

My colleague and I were sent to this large hotel on the island of Cozumel, Mexico. It was a wide complex with lots of bungalows in the middle of nowhere. A lot of my colleagues dreaded to go there, because they somehow felt uneasy around the complex, but I always loved going there.

Now, this particular day, we arrived around noon, got to our rooms, had a quick lunch and went for a nap, because we had to start working that night.

I don't know if, or for how long I had been sleeping, when suddenly I felt something which I would describe as a warm cloud of love around me. This intense feeling of love and happiness was something I hadn't experienced before or after. I can only describe it as some kind of deep universal love that ran through my whole body. I just lay there still on my bed with my eyes closed and didn't dare opening them or move, because I didn't want this feeling to go away. And suddenly, before my inner eye, there appeared a Mayan looking figure in golden armour staring proudly at me. I was so overwhelmed with joy and happiness that I could have cried. I don't know how long this feeling lasted (I only know that it was too short:-), but the image and the wonderful feeling slowly drifted away. And for a long time afterwards I just kept staying in my bed, not wanting to move.

I know that I was wide awake and not sleeping when these things occured.

When I met my colleague that night, I told her about my experience. First, she was jealous for not having called her when this was happening. And then she said that it might have been an angel (she also is a very sensitive person). But I still believe that it was a Mayan God visiting me.

Thank you very much for reading.

Other hauntings by Bonifaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bonifaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SparklinBurgndy (6 stories) (18 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-17)
Bloody hell! I've been to Cozumel and had an experience with the Mayan Goddess Ixchel there! (Probably something to do with bleeding all over her temple ruins) I can say the gods are still around and still very active!
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
First of all, thanks a lot for your comments.

Now there is one thing I can definately rule out, and that is drugs. The only drugs I use are nicotine (quite a lot, to be honest) and the occasional beer. And I think that in the restaurant of a hotel, you can definately rule out that somebody spikes your drink (soft drink on that occasion).

Now, this hotel is the last before a natural reserve, and nearby are the ruins of some Mayan town.

[at] prettyInPain: You could be right. Maybe this WAS my spirit guardian, and my mind was just projecting the image of a Mayan in golden armour, given the location.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Hi Bonifaz!
Thanks for sharing with us. I read this last night, and my suggestion is that it might have been your spirit guardian or a spirit that was healing your soul. I've heard about healers helping people in OBEs, but I don't know how credible that is or not. I just wanted to share my thoughts on this. I hope you don't mind. What you experienced sounds wonderful and I think you're very lucky.

BlueTurtle- Don't worry about the negative vote. I see helpful posts get down votes and bad posts get positive karma. I think some people vote wrong purposely. I try to not take it too personally! 😁
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Besides being offensive, the drug suggestion is seriously undermined by the fact that nobody seems to have tried to take advantage of it. At lunch, unlike hanging out in a busy club, not a lot of people are going to have access to your drink without you or your lunchmate noticing. And those drugs are not free so who would slip it into his drink then not follow him to take advantage of him? Nothing in the account suggests that anything like that happened.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
In regards to who gave me a negative mark... I wasn't commenting to be offensive. I'm just looking for more information, that's all.
At Bonifaz - were there other instances where you've experienced the paranormal?
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
It only seems a bit puzzling to me when you say you believe what you saw was a Mayan God. I'm not going to be one to say that what you experienced was from drugs or that I believe wholeheartedly that it was genuine, but you did say that you lay down for a nap. How do you know that you were awake when you experienced this? I'm not trying to debunk you, but you never said that you woke up. Was it this feeling that woke you? Did you ever open your eyes?
You said that you've always been sensitive to paranormal activity. Have you submitted other stories? I'd love to see what else you've experienced.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Hi Bonifaz! I have to say, I've had an experience very much like this one! In mine, I had an overwhelming experience of love and happiness too. I woke up crying in happiness from it. It was out of this world, unlike anything I've ever felt. I saw my two grandmothers who have passed. (I actually wrote this story on our sister site "psychic-experiences").

I'm wondering if the person you saw is a past relative of yours, since I saw my grandmothers. I very much believe you, I didn't want to leave that place either! It's nice isn't it? I hope when I die I go back there! ❤
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Just have to agree with Rook here... Where is this coming from guys? The author didn't say he had been drinking, didn't mention anything about drugs...?!

Regards,
Logan
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
I am trying so hard not to feel offended for the O/P and I can't do it... I have to say something...

510mot / hippiechick,

It must be drugs?!? Do not pass go do not collect... I think you understand where I'm going with that. What in this experience made that the only 'jump' possible as to what happened to the O/P?

No questions asked, just right to... 'you should guard your drink?' A 'good trip?' Come on guys the O/P posted an experience that he did not understand 'why' it happened to him... Could it be 'drug induced'...possible...but jumping directly to that as the explanation? That is just insulting to the O/P.

Bonifaz,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us... Nysa and Mountaineer have offered plausible explanations as to what may have happened to you that day.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
I don't believe that any of those pagan gods are real, but, if your location was once a site of extreme devotion to a particular deity, perhaps the energy they offered up in prayer was able to create some entity that took the form of what they were praying to? Have you looked into Mayan mythology to see if any of their deities match up with what you saw? The ecstasy explanation given by 510mot is a more likely explanation for what you experienced though.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
It's true... X makes your heart race and you get that warm cloud of love feeling along with tasting colors and feeling sounds. Yeah... I remember those days...Angel, Mayan God, or good trip? 🤔
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
What an interesting story, thank you for sharing. I believe that the energy of the gods of a region linger in areas in which they were revered for quite some time and can manifest if you give them energy. It is just a theory of mine, based solely on experiences I have had & have read about. Another possibility is that it was a purely psychological event, that you were having a kind of epiphany which you envisioned as a mythological figure connected to the area you were visiting. I cannot really speak to the angel theory because my beliefs about angels differ significantly from the norm. Did you see any representations of the god you saw while there, or since? It might help you determine what you saw if you can figure out if the vision was of a particular god or just a Mayan style figure.

This comment from 510mot is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: