You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost of Mario Montenegro

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost of Mario Montenegro

 

Hi, My name is Stephanie and I have a ghost in my house! First a little history. We moved in to this house eight years ago and bought it for a great price. Apparently the owner was very sick and dying of cancer. His wife needed to sell right away as they now lived in New York and were renting the house out.

I was always scared to go up and down the stairs, I would get a creepy feeling. One morning, my daughter said she was having a bad dream, woke up and there was a man in a dark cape and a hat looking at her, she closed her eyes, and when she reopened them, he was standing behind the door, she could only see his hat above the door. This would mean he was eight feet tall! She closed her eyes again and it was walking down the stairs.

Maybe a few weeks after, my other daughter told me of a very similar experience with the same caped man in a hat. I had a dream also, something loud woke me, it sounded like a marble bouncing on the floor and I was paralyzed, in my dream I saw a very tall caped figure in my daughter's room, I tried so hard to move so I could get up and help my daughter but I couldn't.

I called my mom, and told her that she might think this is crazy but I think I have an evil spirit in the house. She, I, and all my aunts started praying and I no longer felt scared. But every time I mention the ghost something happens. I was talking to two of my girlfriends about it on my patio, when my daughter's remote control car went crazy. It didn't think it was even working. We were watching a show about ghosts with my mother in law and told her about our ghost, when the back door swung open and my mother in law's walker moved about three feet on it's own. It was as if to say "hi I'm here".

I feel it is a guardian. I am no longer scared.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michaelangelina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Dear Stephanie,

Since you are the one who is experiencing this entity who wears a black cape and hat you must have some sort of intuitive gut feeling about this entity of whether it makes you feel that you are safe within its presence or not. If anything or anyone makes you feel afraid or that your well being or your family's well being is that of a feeling of danger or darkness it is up to you to find ways in which to either remove the entity from your residence or you can also choose to move. The entity may well be the past owner who wore such apparel when he was alive and is coming back in ghost or spirit form. Generally, in my own waking and dream state visions, when the male gender feeling man in a black cape and hat shows up, he is generally not of good intentions. The stronger the personality you are and the stronger you are in your belief system, the less these type of entities can enter into one's residence or life. Again, this is based on my own belief system, you are always free to choose all, some or none.

Blessings of protection to you and yours, As Always, Abby
jason_hawes (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
creepy feelings, or feelings of beign watched or someone is behind you may be high electro magnetic feilds, such as electric outlets lamps or other appliances emmiting these feilds, if you are bohtered a lot by the feeling I would suggest moving any appliances near the area or calling an electrican there may be problems with wiring that can be fixed so there is lower electro magnetic feilds emmited.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-24)
I haven't been able to find the reference to the spirit you described yet, but then again I don't have all my books with me so I may never be able to find out why its description bothers me. I will keep doing some research on line and see what I come up with. Abby is more of a free spirit and has a better perception of the spirit realm than I so she may be able to tell you more about it. I will keep checking though.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
cutiepie45 (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
It sounds like the ghost was the grim reaper because it was 8 feet tall and had a cape. Lacusclyneofzaft, does the salt barrier really work?
lacusclyneofzaft (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Little Kids can see ghost better than Adult because of their emotion trigger them. Same for teenager but it seem that it didn't come to hurt you. But to tell you I'm here and this is my house. And if you have any problem pour salt on entrance to your daughter room and your room and it will keep the spirit from coming. It's a purify barrier that keeps harmful ghost out and they can't come in.
michaelangelina (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Shane and Abby, thank you for the comments.
If you don't mind my asking, what about the description bothers you?
Do you think it may be something else other than a ghost?
It seems to be interested in my youngest daughter. Recently, she felt something come into her room and stroke her arm but saw nothing.
cillycelly12 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
you know. I've had these before. I just moved if you can't afford it try getting something or someone to comfort you
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
martin, I thank you for your words. I feel better lol. I really do enjoy reading books about the paranormal, and I also enjoy watching shows concerning the subject. Hopefully I will improve on my knowledge and I will be able to better understand what goes on.
thanks again.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
jeya, being aware of not knowing much is still a step up from thinking you know things when you actually don't 😉 Information is just a step away from a few good books, but intellectual modesty is either hardly earned or a beautiful inner quality.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
now I do not really know as much as Abby and Shane... Actually I feel lower in info than them 😕 lol
but I agree that this spirit does not seem to be a "regular" type of spirit. Has he harmed you or your daughters in any way?
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
Dear Stephanie,

Well, once again I agree with Shane as he has beaten me to the punch or to your story again. 😊

I do sense that this fellow may not be as harmless as you may think. By your description this does not seem to be an ordinary fellow who died and is just earthbound. I would strongly suggest that you have a house blessings and smudging, perhaps done by one who is experienced in such matters like a priest, minister and Native American medicine person. All being dependent upon your own belief system and comfort level. You may also want to research the background and past information about your home in regards to other residents or neighbors. This may help you narrow down who this entity might be.

Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Anything is possible, but I think it would be better for all concerned if this spirit where to be put to rest. I don't recall why but for some reason the description of this spirit bothers me, maybe an old urban legend I read or something. I would recommend that you have your house blessed or a native american cleansing ceremony performed on it to help release the spirit from its earthly bonds. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: