You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Can't Sleep At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Can't Sleep At Night

 

Since I was a kid I have had what people have called "night terrors". I kept blankets rolled up under the edges of my bed to keep things from reaching out and grabbing me. I heard people talking and laughing that did not seem friendly to me.

I do not use, or allow Ouija boards in my house or around me. I do watch ghost hunters and sometimes ghost stories on TV. Other than those I do not participate in a lifestyle that would welcome or open any doors to the other side. I did not outgrow my night terrors as most kids do, the problems have only intensified.

I have noticed a pattern in that the intensity of the visitations increase before changes in my life. Currently it has reached a point in the last several months that has not decreased, last night I began thinking what is wrong with me, and I cannot handle these any longer. I have had my home blessed several times, and I personally have been blessed several times as well.

These visitations include something that walks around on my bed, it is responsive in that if I tell it to move to the left or right it responds, it feels like a cat walking around on my bed; one night I woke up after dozing watching a video and saw a cat sitting by my hand, usually I don't see anything other than the indentations made by feet or paws.

I have also seen, usually shadowy figures or shapes moving around my head, sometimes darting towards me in a threatening manner. Sometimes they appear as distinct figures, shapes in human form. Last night the figure was wearing a red and black checked flannel shirt. I have seen a shadowy figure, completely devoid of light, like it sucked all the surrounding light out, radiating just a feeling of hate and evil, and laughing at any attempts to call out.

I can't handle these anymore and I am reaching out to others to find a way to make these stop. I can handle a cat ghost, but if they're connected to the shadows then I need to find a way to make them stop. I have had members in my family that have been "sensitive" to the other side, even a grandmother who could make some small tables lift without lifting them physically. Don't know if that information helps anyone out there but please, I need to make these stop. I haven't slept through the night in more than three months.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CelticPlatero, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Niteress (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
We do free investigations, if you really want to know, get in touch:) http://www.yourghoststories.com/organizations/ghost-hunters-usstates.php?state=UT&page=1
caj (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Be stern and tell them to leave.
They are drawn to sensitive people and they use your adrenalin. It's a bad cycle, the more afraid you become, the more energy they can drsw from you. Is the pattern you see with activity during high stress periods in your life?
amayaAoi (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
is it only at night? Does it happen at a specific time? And does it happen only in your home?
I had the same a years ago but after I moved out of ma home every things back normal... Try to change your sleep place! 😁
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
"Cold" iron is as legitimate a suggestion as any other. "Witch" can mean a lot of things other than modern witches, just because some modern magical practitioners have embraced the title doesn't me we own the term and nobody can use it for other things. Many books written by modern witches assert that they will keep away fairies, though others do contend they have found this to be untrue. The theory has had many supporters & has been found in folklore for many years. It is obvious that Moongrim has made some enemies here, but his legitimate theory deserves as much respect as your theory. And it is not plagiarism when the source is posted.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Hi, CP.
I would also suggest a sleep study. They aren't that horrible, and might help with the sleeping.

Now, you didn't mention where in Utah you are, but you might also consider contacting a local ghost hunting group. Here is a website that lists some: http://www.paranormalsocieties.com/state_list.cfm?state=ut

I'm not affiliated with any of these, and don't know how legitimate any of them are, but it might be a starting point...
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Ok moongrim, lol... As for your coldiron method, I assure you that it doesn't ward off witches,promise. Many modern day witches use lodge cookware. Positive of that. I'm sure it doesn't ward off fairies, either and I'm betting that the only fairy you've ever seen was on that movie in the "blue oyster bar". As for other supernatural beings, iron also doesn't work. Otherwise there wouldn't be haunted trains. But nice plagiarism job on your post. Good cut and paste there.
As for your love of the use if the word archaic, well... At least the word charlatan, anyway, please be advised that we could all use some good archaic words to describe the way you're behaving... Such as MOME or even DULLARD, hell, especially the word LUDDITE, since you're speaking of inventions from a few days ago. Get off it already. Go post your iron thing and be happy. Stop with the charlatan trolling.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
You'll find that the old tried and true ways work a helluva lot better than anything invented by a charlatan a few days ago.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Well if you are experiencing things while up and about during the day that suggests to me that it is probably not one of the many sleep related issues. If you have ruled out medical issues, than protecting yourself from these things might be the way to go. Whatever the cause of these experiences, whether psychological or paranormal in nature, your mind can do a great deal to stop them. Indigo describes a great technique. That gives you a way of taking control of the situation without interacting with whatever is harassing you, since you express discomfort with that. Surely, if there is something there it will leave when it can no longer gain access to you. Don't loose heart if it doesn't work on the first tries, most people report needing to work up to it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
CelticPlatero,

This experience has me wondering... It may be a combination of a 'mild haunting' and actual 'night terrors' and the suggestion of a sleep study is not a bad one... Or have you had one done before?

I have a home Cleansing / Shielding technique that is yours for the asking, heck you can find it posted in some of the recent experiences here on the site... It may bring you some piece of mind, or may really do something for you.

As far as your fears about 'opening doors' if you attempt contact... No need to worry, contact has been made, by them and 'interaction' may be just what is needed to have the 'visits' stop. Nothing you describe really 'points' towards anything 'negative' being around... Just a fear of things your seeing and not understanding where they come from.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Celtic, you just described my early life, including the cat and lightning sensation. Here's what I had to learn to get sleep (and the sleep study is a good idea, but like mine it probably will just give you peace of mind that you aren't abnormal) I actually had to find others like myself. We talked. I learned.

I learned to envision my energy surrounding myself in a bubble of light. Nothing can penetrate that bubble unless I let it. I use it ESPECIALLY right before I sleep. I turn it off about once or twice a week to let them communicate. This way is best for everyone. When the bad ones come, you have to be confident that you are stronger and if they COULD hurt you, they already would have. You're stronger! They laugh to try to make you fear them. They're only bullies. You've got to know that deep inside!

Now...about that cat...
It guards you because you're not yet ready to fend for yourself. Keep it close. Name it. If you tell it you need help or call for it, it will be there. It may show up in photographs, walk on your bed, plump and massage your pillows, purr and vibrate your bed. It will stay until you're ready for it to move on!

Just relax. YOU are stronger. THEY are weaker. You don't need them. They need YOU. When you fully get that into your head and realize it, you'll understand that in all reality, the good ones love you, the bad ones FEAR you.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
I would recommend that you have a sleep study done before you do anything. My nephew had severe night terrors and would see the most God awful things and literally try and climb the wall. My sister in law and brother would observe and there was nothing there but to him the attacks were real. He was diagnosed with a sleep disorder and eventally grew out of them.
I'm not saying you are not sensitive but I would recommend the study just for peace of mind. You will be observed and your body monitored electronically during sleep. You can also tape yourself in your room during sleep for a week or so and see what's going on, if anything. It may put your mind to rest if you find you are literally just having night terrors.
I myself have had a ghost cat visit so I know they can happen. The others may be part of your terrors, even the cat could be. My grandma saw some pretty odd things at night it eventually came down to a mixture of sensitivity, medication and night terrors. An awful mixture to be sure but at least the meds were changed and that helped, her visions became less intense and she at least got some sleep.

Best wishes ❤
CelticPlatero (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
In regards to Nysa's question, I do see things during the day but I can usually ignore them as they are not so "in your face" (literally). I get a tingle, kind of like lightning that's about to strike really close by, the way your hair stands on end and then I turn and there they are. A friend suggested that perhaps the bed was haunted, but I have replaced the bed with a brand new bed, including the frame, and that has not changed anything. I have thought of engaging it, in that I had understood that using their names gives power to the action of throwing them out. But I have serious fears about opening doors that I'm afraid I won't be able to close. I do like the idea of siccing my "attack cat" on them.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
CelticPlatero,
Based on your sharing of events, you most definitely are a very strong sensitive. I would not call it night terrors as that term is normally used by psychiatry and in my personally opinion I feel that is a term they use for when they cannot explain why a child or person has all these visitations.

I have a very good friend that happens to be going through the exact same thing that you are. She constantly was harrased by things she could not explain and it ocurred at any time of day not just at night. Here is what we figured could be a resolution and it worked.

It was kind of like the movie "The Sixth Sense" situation. She mentioned to me what was happening. I asked her if she had ever tried asking them what they needed. She said "no, are you kidding me. They scare the witts out of me" I advised her to find courage and do it, which she did. The majority of these entities or ghosts would say that they knew they had died but did not want to leave. She would proceed with telling them that they needed to follow the light and tried her best to convince them to do it. Some would go, others would not. The ones that didn't she would tell them "if you refuse to follow the light then that is your choice. I can no longer help you, you need to leave and go somewhere else" and some would go (majority) or some would continue.
But my point in the whole matter is that she felt more confident, more in control of her life, and she now feels as though she is helping.

I hope this helps a little for you. I wish I could help you more.

Luv


❤ ❤ ❤
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
That does not sound like night terrors at all. I have a question that might help people develop theories upon which to base advice. Do you ever have similar encounters during the day or away from your bed or do they always happen when try to sleep?
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Hmmm. Interesting problem. If you have a cat ghost, who listens to you when you tell it to move left or right, I'd say that's a good ghost. I'd almost go as far as saying its possible that your cat ghost is actually your spirit guide.

If it listens to you, and is by your side, perhaps all you have to do is ask it for help and protection. Try speaking with it, whether aloud or in your head. Tell it you're afraid and want its help.

Try to stay strong. Be as brave as you can be. Enough is enough! You've blessed the house and its laughing at you! I'd be pissed! "Don't you laugh at me you pathetic ghost! Don't you mock my religion! How about you take your sad, wandering self elsewhere?" You tell it who's boss! "Get out of my house, and let me sleep damnit!" Being nice hasn't worked, so be mean! Harness that sleepy anger within and yell back! But you have to mean it!

Tell your ghost cat to attack! They actually sell "Attack Cat" signs at pet stores (usually intended as a joke) but if that keeps your spirits up, then buy one and put it up! Do whatever it takes to keep you in a better place, don't let those pesky ghosts win! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: