You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Predator Of My Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Predator Of My Nightmares

 

This story is more recent, maybe two three years ago. I had gotten super sick and had been going to the hospital several times from dehydration. Nothing had happened for a while and I figured that the thing that follows me around had gone away. But one day I was all by my self lying on the living room floor and I decided that I was going to take a nap.

When I started to fall asleep I heard a whooshing sound that was so loud it hurt my ears. I tried to wiggle my toes and fingers to wake up but it wouldn't work. I knew I was asleep, but I could see the room as it was. Everything was as it was when I fell asleep but something pulled my left shoulder and flopped me over onto my face. No matter what I did I couldn't talk or move or anything. All I could do was look around the room.

Then my boy friend at the time was standing over me all of a sudden but he didn't see me because he was talking to another friend who was sitting on my couch. He stepped over my head and started talking in a weird language that I couldn't understand. This lasted for a while until (thank god!) some one called my phone and woke me up.

I was freaked out because even though I knew it was a dream it felt like more. It happened a lot more often that I liked. About every time I slept during the day, so I tried my hardest to stay awake.

The next time I had the dream I was alone again and I was sleeping on the couch. The strange uncomfortable feeling that I get when the dream happens took over and wiggling my appendages did not help. This time the whooshing sound was so loud I could barely stand it. Then I looked around the room and there was a dark figure in the corner of the room. It disappeared and I heard a voice say "Ashley you know you want me." I was startled awake and freaking out.

Then the dreams started to become graphic in a not so pleasant manner. And I will not describe what went on, only that I believe this spirit is an incubus; and an unwanted one at that. But that's not the scary thing in this whole phenomenon. A couple years down the road, I move with my dad and the evil thing that used to be a girl starts to invade my dreams. It gave me the first nightmares I can ever remember having, I was so freaked out I couldn't sleep without the light on.

One day after I was done with school I accidentally fell asleep on my bed. It was about 12 or 1 in the afternoon and the weird dream started. It did what the stupid thing had always done then it lifted me up off of my bed and set me down at the dark "girls" feet. She was standing in the doorway of my room and I awoke with a start. That had to be the single most disturbing thing besides the nightmares I'd ever experienced

The attacks in my sleep are now fewer and farther in between but when I fall asleep now instead of the whooshing sounds I hear a scratching clawing noise. Like nails on a glass wall.

These dreams are very uncomfortable and when they take hold all I can do is hope some one wakes me up. Is there anyone who knows what this is?

Other hauntings by chunkeylumpkins

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chunkeylumpkins, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
While the others have valid points, something is making think that you're having OBE's. You're just not moving very far because you don't have enough control. Being that these are relatively short episodes makes it just that much more likely that you'd remember going OB.

I think you might have gone into what is called the "Real-Time Zone". This zone acts as a buffer between the physical world and the astral. It's pretty much like the physical world only there are fluctuations and such due to influences from the astral. This could be why it appeared that your boyfriend stepped over you (assuming he was actually there when you woke). It might have just appeared as though he was standing over you even though he might have been a little further away.

Regarding the possible OBE with the "dark girl", you might have floated over to her yourself. Being that you lack control of your movement (think of when you're first learning to ride a bike), you might not have been able to stop yourself from floating toward her.

Just some thoughts from a different perspective.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
It just sounds like a reoccuring nightmare. They're really common.
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I think it was a dream due to your ill health shortly beforehand.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Lumpkin,
have you looked into the group mentioned in your fist story? Do you plan to take any action, or just post stories with pleas for assistance?
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
The first example you gave happened not long after you were pretty ill, correct? I know people can hallucinate from dehydration. It's possible it was just due to your illness. Don't fret too much about that one.

Do you get dehydrated and/or sick often? Is there any chance of more of these horrible nightmares being caused by that kind of health situation?

The "whooshing" could have been many things - even your own blood going through your body, if you were ill.
Do you have shrubs or trees near your window? Is it remotely possible foliage could be scratching your window? Sometimes in the silence of night, it's easier to hear noises you wouldn't notice normally...
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Chunky, have you contacted bacchaes paranormal group and set up a meeting?
alyon2002 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
To me this definitely sounds like sleep paralysis! I have had this happen several times and it can be quite frightening. Sometimes it can even cause hallucinations. Once I woke up and couldn't move or speak. I then saw someone stand up at the end of the bed, give me an evil look then run out of the room and through the door in the process. My only defense was to make a loud senseless noise until my girlfriend woke up and shook me. Since I was already awake this only gave me back control of my body. As scary as this is it can open the door to lucid dreams. Not many people get to control their dreams but if you can learn how you may find it fun. Either way I don't think you have anything to worry about. Especially since you had an experience while other people were in the room. The fact that they didn't pay you attention might mean they thought you were asleep and the strange language may have been your sleepy brain trying to make sense of the situation. Now if something happens and other people see or hear it too then you have something worth investigating. Good luck and thank you for sharing!
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Sounds like you were having a lucid dream. Dreams, no matter how real or strange they seem, aren't really paranormal. I wouldn't put much stock in it. If something happens to you when you are wide awake, then you should definitely post it.

--Mountaineer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: