You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Let Me Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Let Me Sleep

 

I'm not sure where to start with this.

Firstly I will say that I have been in this property for 8 months now, and up until 4 months ago everything was going great. However recently I have been experiencing strange noises a voice and things being moved around.

Although this past week things have got a little more scary. The first night I really got frightened, I was semi awake in bed at around 3am, I felt as if something was tugging at my bed covers (I have pets but they were tucked away asleep in their tank in another room downstairs) I put it down to me imagining it and shrugged it off.

The next night I felt the tugging again and "something" touch my stomach in a patting motion, like when you have just ate a meal and pat your tummy as if to say I'm full up.

I was too scared to move and just lay there silent. Nothing happened for the next 2 nights, then last night I had just woken up around 3am to get a drink and use the bathroom, my bed covers were totally off the bed and slumped in the corner of the room and I found it hard to move to get out of bed. After a few minutes the feeling went away and I was able to move and head to the bathroom. As I was using the toilet I noticed a big red mark on the side of my leg about 6 cm long as if I had been scratched quite badly.

In the morning it was still there and had a slight bruising to it. It is painful and I'm not one for bruising easily.

That is pretty much all I can tell you, I just hope someone could give me any idea as to what this is.

Thank you for reading

Other hauntings by Will0w

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Will0w, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
I've woken up with scratches several times before, and actually once with a fully formed scar.

It seems like whatever is in your house is "messing with you" as it were. I wouldn't be worried at this point, unless the injuries get worse. And like otteer said, you may have somehow caused the scratch yourself.

Don't worry too much yet, but please let us know if the scratching and 'patting' persist. Sounds like one interesting ghosty.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
Try not to sleep on your back facing forward, or on your stomach, sleep on your right side or even left.

Also, 3.00 am is the witching hour. Demonic activity is at its peak around that time.

Hope that helps.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Hi, I'm sorry you are so frightened by this what ever. It appears you have a prankster trying to get your attention. The patting your tummy and pulling off your blanket sounds playful to me although I understand why it would scare you. In regards to the paralysis, you were still half asleep getting up, still in the paralysis mode, your body wasn't quite there yet while your mind was way ahead and ready to head to the bathroom. This just happened to me the other nite, I was having a nightmare, my son heard me and came in my room and asked if I was ok. I woke up and tried to tell him I was ok, just had a nightmare but my body was still partially paralyzed, I couldn't open my eyes, could only partially turn my head and only slur out something that sounded like a slow motion slurr!

I apparently was putting up quite a racket when he heard me which is unusual for me, pillows and blankets everywhere, so it is possible you may have reacted violently to the blankets being pulled while you were half conscious by swinging and clutching at them as they were being pulled but ended up scratching the bejeezus out of yourself. Just a thought. Curious, how many scratch lines?

If you can, tell the spirit to get lost, even if you can only say it in your mind. You can clease your home, say some prayers.

Hang in there. Others will soon comment and give you some addition advise. They are great!

Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Hi WillOw! Do you know any history of the house you are in? If not I would try to look into it, any details you get may help you to work out who this "spirit" may be. If its really disturbing you try telling it firmly to "Go away!". Let us know if you find out anything about the house.

Wishing you well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: