You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Young Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Young Girl

 

Around six years ago my sister's friend stayed over. Her room was downstairs; she woke up during the night to go to the toilet. As she walked out of the bedroom to the toilet, on the landing was a young girl with light brown hair and a white dress on. She asked her if she was okay, she replied yes and ran to the toilet then back to bed.

About four years later my friend stayed over, my sister had moved out so I moved into the downstairs bedroom. Again she woke up to go to the toilet and then sleep in the upstairs bedroom because it was too cramped in mine, as she walked to the toilet someone from upstairs asked if she was okay, she replied 'yes I'm just going to the toilet then sleeping upstairs' assuming it was my mum. As she walked upstairs she saw my mum getting out of bed and saying, 'are you okay? Why are you up?' she replied with the same response.

A few months ago I was asleep and my mum woke me up for school I was laying on my side and opened my eyes, there was a girl looking into the mirror brushing her hair, she was in a white dress with brown hair, she froze still and slowly turned to look at me, I then closed my eyes because I was scared when I opened them again she had gone.

Other things have happened around the house, there is a black and white photo in a frame of a lady and it looks very Victorian; it is quite large. This picture has fallen down on four occasions.

My mum, dad, sister and I left for a holiday in America just before we left this picture fell down. During the holiday we had a big car accident and my mum broke her neck, when we arrived home it had fallen down again. The second time was two years ago, the day before my dad told me that my granddad died it had fallen down again. The last time it fell was just before my Nan had a bad fall down the stairs.

Is this a ghost?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elenam8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Firstly sorry to hear of your mums accident that's not good, I hope she is okay. The picture falling down does seem to play some part in these occurences in my opinion. The picture, the home, and the land history if studied could shed some vital clues as to who this girl is and the circumstances as why she is still residing there. Who is the lady in the picture? This would be where I would start! Good luck! 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
It sounds like your ghost is trying to warn you when something bad is going to happen. If I were you I'd be a nervous wreck waiting for it to fall again. Bad things happen in life and no matter how much warning you are given, you can never be truly prepared.

Let us know if anything else happens and hopefully your family stays safe.

Best,
Fanny ❤
mojacko15 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
in my opinion, if the frame is heavy enough for the hook, first you will notice if it falls down, the hook it self on the floor and for sure the frame would be broken, and according to elenam8 they put it back... So that means the frame unbroken by the fall... So it gives me the idea that maybe it is trying to give message that something might happened... And the girl you see, maybe it's protecting your family, I can say good spirit and I agree with mistral, maybe your family ressembles here past family... Or she felts the love and happiness, that's why she's there for you...
Mistral (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
Heavy things can possibly fall off a wall. I have a large painting that does that once or twice a year/half a year.
Although, I find it strange that every time something bad happens to your family, the portrait falls. Maybe the girl that you see is a caring one and thinks of your family as a "replacement" family for hers that she couldn't be with anymore. From the way that you described her doings, I would say she isn't a harmful or vengeful spirit, so that could put you're mind at ease at least.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
Do you know who is shown in the portrait? Does she resemble the young girl (could be her, at a younger age?)
Do you feel comfortable continuing to stay in that room?

There are things you can do to cleanse the room and/or try to communicate with the young girl, if you want to try that.

For all of you having trouble with large artwork staying on the walls - there are "earthquake proof" picture hanging hooks available. They work really well, if a bit of a pain to install.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I agree that the accidents might be coincidence with the picture falling. There are small hooks you can get that drive straight into the drywall and turn upward, and they can hold about 35 lbs each. I use them in my bedroom for some heavy pictures. They are rather nice. Any vibrations or pounding on the other side of the wall might also cause the picture to fall, so if there is an electronic on that wall that gives off vibrations (such as a refrigerator, stereo, surround sound speakers, etc.) that may be causing it to fall. It may also fall if the holes have been worn out a bit and the drywall has crumbled around the nail (s).

The little girl, now that is creepy. In my mind's eye I could see her slowly turning to face you, and I might have just jumped out my window at that, lol. I always hear of people diving under the blankets to hide from ghosts, but I think if I were in that position I might just throw my pillow at it out of reflex! That is what I do when my brothers try to scare me.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
If anything else I'd be investing in a picture hook that isn't so well used that it'll cause a picture to fall off four times.
EVERY family has unusual sicknesses.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Well you said the picture is heavy. Heavy things fall down when they are hung up. We have several decorative prints with gaudy, ornate frames hanging in our house that are at least fifty pounds each and the size of a window or larger. They fall all the time. I wouldn't put much stock in the picture falling down.
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
This is an interesting encounter. The little girl may have lived in the house at some point. Try researching it for it's background. The picture falling down may be a ghost and it may be telling you that someone in your family is going to have an accident or somthing bad is going to happen to a family member. Try talking to the girl and ask her name, you might find she's friendly. Good luck.
Jess xx
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
When you say "is this a ghost?" do you mean the little girl or the picture falling? The girl sounds a lot like a ghost attached to a place. If three different people have seen her on separate occasions & the descriptions match than that seems well supported. As for the picture, I think that is probably a coincidence. I would be surprised if all the members of your family had no other serious accidents or illnesses. Heavy things do fall off the wall sometimes & since it happened the first time close to an accident it is easy to start associating the two things in your mind. Though I won't say it is impossible that it is a portend.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: