You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl Giggling Inside My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl Giggling Inside My Room

 

Two years ago, I was 13 at the time. I sat up from my bed and checked the time on my digital clock, 5.30 so I sat back down and began to ponder what assignments were due in etc. After about 5 minutes I begin to hear a baby crying from a house close-by and after a few seconds of listening to the crying I go back to my pondering, about another 15 seconds passed; baby stops crying. And almost immediately after it stopped I began to hear a child laughing, only from outside my door.

This scares me enough to cover my head under the blanket. This laughing gets louder and I even begin to hear the very faint chimes of a nursery rhyme. I had my eyes open whilst under my blanket and I could just barely make out a silhouette of some sort right next to my bed through the blankets, the laughing and nursery rhyme is getting significantly louder. Now is when I distinguish the laugh as a laugh of a little girl and at the same time I felt as if something had climbed up onto my back and felt as if it was hugging me.

Suddenly I hear a high pitched ringing in my ears. This drowned out the sound of the giggling and began to fade away along with the weight on my back and sound inside my room.

My room was silent; the only sound I could hear was the fan on my roof spinning on its low speed.

I was too scared to move from my spot for about an hour as I was extremely frightened at what I had just experienced.

I know for sure that this was not a dream of some sort because my eyes were open from the start of the experience to the hour later when I was too terrified to move.

I have had some similar experiences when I was very young, but was never too sure whether they actually happened or not because I was so young and might of misunderstood what they were.

If anyone can explain what I experienced, it would be much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dodgehodge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
True, true ( [at] fancyfeast, reb and darkness). I think you're all right. I just find it funny that in real life, (I think) adults are scarier than children. They're capable of more than a little kid. But when it comes to ghosts, the kids singing nursery rhymes are scarier than, say, the ghost of a grown woman, just standing around. I know this isn't the case in all ghosts, but I still find it amusing how it switches. I suppose seeing any ghost could be creepy. 😳
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
[at]stephyw2001: I would say it is creepy because if you heard that crying and laughing and there is no explanation you can and I would also be thinking something paranormal is going on here, seeing and hearing a ghost is not your typical everyday thing that happens in society. Immediately thinking ghost and knowing that it probably knows I can hear and sense it's presence is what kind of creeps me out and I would think the majority of other people aswell. Just a quick thought of the top of my head anyway! Lol😊

Dan
dodgehodge (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
[at] ParanormalLover1
My hairs did not stand up on the back of my neck and they never really have. My room was freezing but that's because I have my air-con really cold because it feels like my home country. The ringing was the only thing I really noticed about myself because that's when it stopped
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
This does sound really creepy, but so far it hasn't sounded like it really wanted to cause you any harm, it's a shame you have mmoved and can't find any more explanations for what was happening.
ParanormalLover1 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
😕 I get paranormal expieriances quite frequently and every time I do I get that ringing in my ear. Did your hair stand on end? Was it cold in the room? Etc.?
rebskp (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
[at]stephyw2001

I think that The Nightmare on Elm Street killed the nursery rhymes making them seem creepy lol.

[at]dodgehodge
It could have possibly been a spirit of a little child who maybe passed away? Maybe do some research into your old house. It doesn't sound harmful so I wouldn't worry:)
- Rebskp
dodgehodge (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
[at] Alyssa11
I used to hear ringing all the time when I was little. It would get very annoying and I would often get very angry at the sound.
[at] PebblesnBammbamm it was a childish laugh. It's only ever happened once and we have also moved house, so I'm not too sure if talking would be possible:)
fancyfeast (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
[at] Stephyw2001 Most don't even know their dead, they probably see you as a new playmate.
Which is sad when children don't know when to pass on.
Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I find the part about the high pitch ringing in your ear intresting. That happens to me when I feel like there might be some other presense around me. I would love to know what it means. Has this ringing ever happened to you before?
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
That was probably a child ghost/imp or small dark entity... If I was to turn into some ghost stuck someplace in-between I definatly can't see myself crawling on some teens back 😆 shoot I can't even see myself climbing on anyones back for that matter.

Qt
overthelimit (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
One time I heard someone say my name and no one was here I was sooo scared 😨
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
I like these little stories. These ones creep me out the most. I guess because I can identify with that fear, although I've never had the kind of experience that you had... I certatinly know the fear, the "under the blankets too scared to move" type of fear.

As for what it was...well, don't rule out the possibility that it could actually have been a dream. Sometimes dreams can seem so real and terrifying. I know that's probably the most boring option but don't totally discard it as a possible explanation.

This one actually sent a cold shiver through me... Hehe. Thanks for that:-P
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
This is strange, she might feel that she knows you and feels comfortable but is unaware that she is making you scared. How did she giggle, was it an evil giggle or a childish giggle that happens when you do something funny? I suggest you try and talk to her and see why she is climbing on your back.
Good luck,
Jess xx
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
What is it about little kids and nursery rhymes that are so creepy? I'm agreeing with you, I just don't know where that line gets crossed.

You think of cute little kids playing outside in the sunlight singing nursery rhymes and its happy and fun.

You hear a kid singing nursery rhymes in your room and the kids a ghost, and suddenly its not happy anymore, it creeps you out.

Why does it work that way? 😕 Maybe these kids are just happy whether they're ghosts or not. 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: