You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Funny Lucy

Real Ghost Stories

Funny Lucy

 

This happened just yesterday. I want to share this to everyone, especially those who have read all about our friend, Lucy (read my other story, Older Sister Lucy).

Lucy did something funny yesterday.

The subdivision has houses right next to each other. Over time, everyone had done renovations and extensions to maximize the available space, and now we all live separated only by our own firewalls.

Since I was little, nothing has been right with our neighbor. We've had countless issues with them, and they keep complaining about us. We always end up winning because their arguments were never valid--so in short, the authorities just tell them to shut up. They would, but after a few months, they'd start complaining about something again.

Two days ago I had a new airconditioning unit delivered, and installed it yesterday. It's a window-type unit, and it was bigger than the previous once since it has a bigger motor. Since hole in the wall was smaller than the unit, I had to chip off some of the concrete so it would fit.

My room is on the second floor of the house, facing the road; so I could see our gate and the road below through the window.

It was 9:30 in the morning when I started working. After a few minutes of pounding on the walls, the neighbor angrily stormed out of her house and started yelling at me and complaining that I was noisy and she was still sleeping. I got angry and said, "It's already nine thirty in the morning. It's not my fault that you're lazy." and continued pounding at the walls while purposely ignoring her as she continues yapping.

Apparently, she got angry, too. She suddenly opened our gate and started storming into the house. I grinned to myself and was about to reach for the camera to take a picture of her and sue her for tresspassing.

When I was about to stand up to get my camera, I heard a loud shriek downstairs, then loud footsteps. Shortly after, I saw her bolting out of the house, her hands on her ears, screaming in fear. At first I got scared by her reaction, and immediately looked behind me to check if whatever scared her was behind me. I saw nothing. But as I looked back at the road I realized it was Lucy--she must have scared the wits out of her!

I giggled to myself and continued chipping off the concrete, then said out loud, "Thanks for the help, Lucy! That should shut her up!"

I told my family about it and we all had a good laugh. Got to love Lucy!:)

Other hauntings by sylunedarkchylde

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sylunedarkchylde, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
HA HA HA, that should have taken care or the neighbour! I couldn't help to laugh at this one.
I wish I had a Lucy sometimes! 😆
sylunedarkchylde (6 stories) (26 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Wow, that is a lot of comments! Thank you for reading the story guys.:) Let me respond to everyone:

[at] Miracles51031: Well, so far, she has not reported anything to the authorities--or so I think. Maybe she did, but they might have dismissed it, since it's not a very credible story (and considering her history of complaints made against us).

[at] Moongrim: Yep, exactly. I'm really not sure if she did report it, but no one has ever called our house so far since this happened.:)

[at] Indigo: I honestly would like her to just be nice about telling us if we're being a nuisance or not. See, we've been neighbors since I was eight or nine, and she has done numerous things and dealt so much damage that would take me more than a day to enumerate each and every one. My mom just let these things pass for the sake of co-existence, but after a few years you just get to the point where you can't take any more of it. And no, we're not going anywhere!:P

[at] geetha50: Yup, you're right; she would complain, and it doesn't matter what you do or what time of the day it is. I remember when we were having our house renovated, I saw her crush a part of the still-wet concrete flower box (around three inches high) with her truck. It was well inside our property line (around 2 feet), so she can't dismiss it as "miscalculation". That's the type of person she is.

[at] DeviousAngel: No, I don't enjoy it, but I will be honest: I enjoyed that she barged into the house so I can have her sued. The only reason why I haven't is because we try to "understand" for the sake of "co-existence". But barging into the house uninvited is considered trespassing in Philippine law, and I do have my own property to protect. Well, if she does try to get us in another way, let's just say I will cross the bridge when I get there. As far as we are concerned, legally, we have not done anything to her or her property, and she has done a LOT against us and our property.

And about a 10-10 law, uhm, let me explain it in another way: culturally, it is considered a "bad behavior" to us Filipinos if you're still in bed when the sun rises. But of course, there are exceptions, but 9:30AM is already really late for us (because we always end our day at 5PM, and every single noise stops there). Besides, the house right in front of hers is often doing videoke really loud at eight in the morning on random days of the week, so I'm pretty sure it's just us.:)

[at] ngute80: Thank you! Yes, Indigo does have a point, and I will admit that I do want to put a stop to it.:)

[at] MissyM: Like what I explained to DeviousAngel, being in bed at 9:30AM is culturally unacceptable, unless you're really lazy or sick (or work at night, lol).

[at] girlie and jws: I would honestly want to confirm if it was Lucy or not. But with how things are, I never talk to her, nor even look her way. Her daughter is a friend, though; but her daughter hates her too, and she moved out of her mom's house so I can't ask her. But don't worry, there might be a time when I get the chance, and I will post it here as soon as I can.:)

[at] stephyw2001: Thanks for fixing up Missy's karma:)

[at] generalchaos: No, she wasn't mentioned there. I have no idea where she was when the incident happened, nor do I care, honestly! (I'm so mean, lol). When the authorities saw the severed hand, she wasn't living in the village yet.:)

[at] ghostgirl999: It's a follow-up on Lucy.:) Check "Older Sister Lucy" so you can understand the story better.:)

Thank you for the time you spend in reading my stories and commenting on them, guys.:) I honestly don't know why our neighbor acts the way she does, but I am sure grateful Lucy was there (or I hope it's her, lol). We don't have any other "housemates" that I know of, so all I could think of is that it's her.:)
ghostgirl999 (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
no offence its a good story but what does it have to do with ghosts? But quite cool story! 😁
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
Hi - just trying to keep it straight in my mind. This neighbor that's giving you trouble - was she mentioned in the Older Sister Lucy, or was she not living there yet?
jws (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
I agree with girlie. I think you should try and make nice with the neighbor (at least for a little while haha) and see what she says about her side of the experience. You never know, maybe she freaked out about something completely different.
Indigo (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Lol it's ok, but thanks guys! I kind of have ideas of who my trolls are, lol it's ok. I'm a big girl! I'll just wait until I go do a hard cleanse and send whatever I dig up to the trolls house! Muahahaha! Just kiddin guys! Hehehe
stephyw2001 (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
There you go Missy, I just zero-d you out. 😊 Maybe someone who hates ordinances bad kharma'd you? 😕
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I saw my bad Karma on this comment and was shocked... Lol I re-read what I had wrote trying to figure out where I went wrong...
I also saw Indigo's bad Karma vote and counter acted it with my good karma vote...
Must be a "Paranormal bad karma trole" 😆
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Looking at MissyM's comment and seeing absolutely no reason for it to get voted down, along with several other comments from users like Indigo, methinks we have a 'bad karma' troll on our hands...
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
NICE! That's funny!
BUt I wonder what the lady saw... Maybe you should go and ask her... Then tell us about it... I would ❤ ❤ ❤ to hear it!
Thx for the wonderful story
GIRLIE
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Its true no matter what the bylaw in your area states (mine is 10pm to 7am noise restriction) its common courtesy to wait until at least 10am (that 30min does make a difference but like geetha50 said it may have not made a difference for your neighbor but at least you did your part in waiting) Trying to get along with your neighbors as best as you can always makes for a less stressful living situation for the hole community.

The above being said, I can't believe she just barged into your house. That's really over the top. I'm sure she was awake after Lucy scared the poop out of her. ("OH LUCY!" lol)

We also have a bylaw that states that in curtain residential areas cars are not allow to park on the road in front of your house for more then 3 hours at a time. My Mother in-law had a neighbor who would constantly call bylaw on my Mother in-laws guests for staying longer which really got unnerving because having to visit the in-laws sometimes wasn't bad enough but getting a $30 ticket for being there made it even worst... 😆
ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I love your story! I had neighbors just like that in the past (I live on an Army base and its pretty common). I just wish I had a ghost like yours to help me 😊. But seriously, I think Indigo brought up a good point. Thank you for sharing.
Nancy
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I kind of agree with Indigo. It sounds like you guys enjoy going back and forth judging by the way you responded when you saw her coming.

"I grinned to myself and was about to reach for the camera..."

Anyway, I am glad you have a protective ghost that stuck up for you, but be careful what you do to piss off your neighbors, because people can be very vindictive and may go after you in other ways. I would not say that you should go as far as moving, but maybe wait until 10:00 to start something like that? I know it is only half an hour but it may make all the difference in the world. I do not know about you but in my community we have an unwritten 10-10 law. People usually confine their noisiness from 10am to 10pm.

Anyway, good luck~
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Indigo,
Sometimes sticking up for oneself can be seen as being a bad neigbour. But seriously, what was the author suppose to do... There is no way around not making any noise when installing an AC... Plus I would think the neighbour would have still complained if she did it in the afternoon or something.

People like the author's neighbour will always complain about something or someone but I think she will watching what she is saying from now. I think if she ever decides to go the police, they will but her in the looney bin... 😆
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
This kind of sounds to me like there isn't just one "bad" neighbor here. It sounds like both of you enjoy the "tit-for-tat" goings on and that you enjoy upsetting your neighbor as much as the neighbor enjoys complaining. Sort of reminiscent of the movie SERIAL MOM. You might just want to move, IMHO.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
And if they do report this to the authorities, what are they going to say? That you've got a Watch Ghost?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
sylunedarkchylde - it will be very interesting to see if your neighbor reports this one to the authorities 😉.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: