You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sleep Over Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Over Visitor

 

I am a new member but like many others have enjoyed reading the varied experiences expressed on this site for quite some time. Thank you.

Although it seems like many moons ago now, I have had an interest in the afterlife since I was very young and have been fortunate enough to have some of my own experiences over the years. I will share these over time but will begin with one of my earliest.

It was the late 70's, I would have been around 11 years old and was sleeping over at my friend Karen's house who lived in the next street to mine at the time. We had had a normal fun day and when it came to bedtime, her mum, who was a single parent, let us sleep in her double bed, while she slept in my friend's bed so we could chat and giggle. We chatted away for some time before my friend fell asleep so I was trying to do the same but was having trouble because I could hear her mum snoring in the next room.

There were only the three of us in the house. From the moonlight coming through the blinds I could see my friend sleeping and I could hear her mum sleeping so was quite shocked (to say the least) when a figure caught my eye walking from the opposite side of the room to where the door was, to come and sit at the end of the bed near my feet! I could see this figure sitting at the end of the bed and felt the weight of it pushing the edge of the bed down. I remember the fear rippling through my body and holding my breath as if to pretend that I wasn't there, but at the same time being so absolutely mesmerized by it that I didn't take my eyes off it until of course it just disappeared and was gone. Once I managed to exhale and relax every muscle in my body I drifted off to sleep but strangely had a sense of elation because my previous thoughts of there being life after death (yes, strange for an 11 year old, but a regular contemplation nonetheless) had, for me, been confirmed.

On reflection I felt it was a male presence, but there was no bad feeling from this figure, if anything it was more of a sad feeling as it sat as though it were slumping with its head down (as you do when you are sad) and it was almost like he belonged there. Perhaps he had lived there before or, more likely, was connected to the family. As a child I was quite shy and never would have pried into their family business so unfortunately I never did find out, but that experience opened up a whole new perspective for me which to this day I am utterly fascinated with.

Happily it wasn't my last encounter with the other side...

Other hauntings by Aprilsnanny35

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aprilsnanny35, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Medial: Thanks for your comments, I have learnt over the years to go with my gut feelings on everything. 😊

Dragonstorm80: Thanks, it was a good experience and yes I have had many more since then. I have posted another one today which I am hoping should be published in the next couple of days and there will be more to follow. 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Aprilsnanny35 ~ I'm glad for your first encounter it was not a traumatic one and you came out of it with a renewed faith in your beliefs 😊 such a shame you can no longer get any background about it.

Has anything else happened to you since this encounter?
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Go with your gut feeling Aprilsnanny35! You may very well be right that it was the father.
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Rook: Thanks for the welcome and for your feedback. It may well be as you say a residual haunting although I have always wished I could have found out whether my friends Dad had passed as I thought it may have been him. Unfortunately we lost contact so I will never know.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Aprilsnanny,

Hello and welcome... I think what you may have experienced during this sleep over was a residual haunting. Medial described it well... An emotional moment in somebodies life that was imprinted/recorded somehow and when the conditions are 'right' the event replays itself.

Thank you for sharing this experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Hippiechick83, I never did bring it up with my friend, wish I did though, hindsight is a great thing! Thanks for the feedback. Wishing you well.
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Thanks for the comments. I look forward to bouncing around this looney bin for a while to come, I feel right at home! 😆
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Aprilsnanny: Wow, what a frightening first experience with the paranormal! I love the fact that you could actually feel the weight of the figure on the bed. Did your friend ever mention anything to you about any strange happenings in that house? And did you ever mention this particular experience to her? Thanks so much for sharing, I really liked this one. 😊

Peace and Love,
Hippiechick
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
great first post aprilsnanny 😊
Welcome to the loony bin😆
Will def be keeping a lookout for your next one.
All the best
Carl
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
See you think the same way I do, Aprilsnannny. I would love to see a ghost so I also have my confirmation of an afterlife. I think it would be utterly fascinating. I have been trying and trying, checking out places said to be haunted, but to no avail. 😢 I'm glad you've had some experiences, that you seem to be content with!
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
I wouldn't go so far as to categorize these things. They're just entities. Possibly people that once lived in that place.

I've found in my experiences that moments charged with a lot of emotion can get "stuck in time." This might have been one of those moments involving this man. The fact that you felt a sadness to him confirms my suspicion.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
I liked your story and the way you wrote it. Please share some more 😊.
Nancy
mojacko15 (19 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
this black chadow is every where I guess, some call it the man withe hat, black shadow, man sitting on the coener... All people saw this has the same experiences, they can't move, loss of breath... Or simply what we call sleep paralizes, I don't now what that thing is, but I can say you're not alone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: