You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Conversations and Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Conversations and Footsteps

 

I have been a stay at home mother for over a year now. We bought and moved into our first home, a (nearly new, only one previous owner who owned it for a couple years) mobile home in a very nice community. I've never, ever heard of a mobile home being haunted! Of course, I do know that land can be haunted.

I have done a little bit of research and found that the 25 years this community has been here, the lot that we currently occupy, has been vacant until our home was put on it in 2002. Which is strange because it's a corner lot and could have easily accommodated a home.

We bought this place in March 2006, I had an uneasy feeling from the first night, like someone was watching me from the hallway. Exactly 1 week after moving in, I gave birth to our (first & only) daughter, who is now 15 months old. About a month later was the first time I heard it, which is when my Husband started working overnights.

I was going to sleep, and at 2:30 AM (going back to bed after my daughter's 1am feeding which is when I started trying to get her to sleep in her own room), I heard LOUD evenly-spaced footsteps of what sounded like boots or heavy type shoes going up and down the hallway to my room. I laid there in my room for about ten minutes listening to it, petrified that someone was in my house. My eyes were glued to the doorway, expecting the person to walk right into my room, then it would go back down the hall then come back. A few minutes after the footsteps dissipated (which I chalked up to tree branches hitting the roof) I was startled again when I heard TWO distinct male voices having a conversation in my living room! It was SOOO clear, like if I had been closer I could hear exactly what they were saying. It sounded like and older male (50s+) and a younger male (20s-30s). As soon as I stepped in the hallway the voices stopped as fast as they appeared.

I looked out all the windows to see if maybe someone was taking a late night stroll around the park. There was absolutely NO ONE around. I also have discovered living here now for a year, that when all of the windows and doors are closed, it's impossible to hear someone speaking outside, unless they are right at the window YELLING, and then, you can only hear them within maybe a 10 foot radius. So, I have been able to dismiss that someone(s) were taking a walk.

After that night, I brought my daughter back into my bedroom, and she stayed there until she outgrew the bassinet at two and a half months old, and went back to sleeping in her own bedroom. A couple weeks later, I heard the footsteps again. Then the next night, the male voices were there AGAIN!

In November, I started getting my hair pulled whenever I was in the kitchen. It was like a playful tug, but it was firm enough for me to whip my head around to see who was doing it. There was NEVER anyone behind me, or even close to me, except once. My husband and I were doing dishes together, and I was washing and he was rinsing (our usual pattern) and there was a hard tug on my ponytail, but it wasn't my husband because he had both hands in the sink! And even IF it had been him, my hair would have been wet because his hands were wet, and it wasn't!

I seriously thought that I was going insane, so I went to a doctor who had now put me on severe anti-anxiety meds (I also have PTSD from childhood sexual abuse that has contributed to a history of anxiety). While the meds have helped deal with my PTSD and anxiety attacks, the voices and footsteps disappeared for a little while. That is when I noticed weird orbs and wisps in about a third of the pictures of my daughter. The best one that I had was lost when my computer crashed two weeks ago (I am so mad!) BUT then got worse!

Around February, I was reading in bed one night, when all of a sudden there was a LOUD "HEY!" right in my ear, I even felt the heat of the breath on my ear and neck! I was home alone (except for my baby who was sleeping in her crib) I was really freaked out, but somehow I managed to finish the book I was reading and went to bed. At 2:30 AM I woke up to loud footsteps STOMPING up and down the hall, that went on for about 2-3 minutes. I eventually was able to fall asleep.

I have heard the loud "Hey" several times since, every time it is followed briefly by the heavy footsteps in the hallway. I haven't had my hair tugged since December though. I have only heard the male voices in the living room a few times since, BUT that is because I am so paranoid that they will wake me up, I have been staying up until 3am to avoid the 2:30AM wake up "HEY" & following disturbances.

I know, that IF it is something, it seems to be mostly residual, so I have nothing to be afraid of. I just don't like getting woken up hearing voices in my living room at 2:30 in the morning, it freaks me out and makes me think someone is in the house.

Any suggestions how I can deal with this (without taking a sleeping pill)? I really, really would appreciate any suggestions, or any comments anyone has.

Thank you all for your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostsinMaine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Julie_W696 (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-25)
I agree that the "Hey" and hair tugging sounds like an intelligent haunt, but it doesn't sound like he wants to hurt you. Have you ever tried answering him? Just asking "What" or "What do you want?"

I have no idea if this would work, or is even a good idea, but it sounds like he's trying to get your attention for a reason. If it was me, I'd try it to see if he answers.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
I see you have received many excellent suggestions. Although it may very well be a residual haunting, it is obviously disturbing enough to cause you to loose sleep and cause additional anxiety that is not needed.

Place a cross in the hall way (at least one) where you hear the foot steps. Also place one in the living room where you hear the voices.

When you hear the noises, pray. Pray out loud, tell them to leave in the name of the Father, the Sone and the Holy Spirit. Speak out load that you are not saying they are evil, you just wish for them to cross over as this is not what you want to deal with and you require peace in your home.

Good luck and God Bless!
pahaunted (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
Ghosts in Maine,

I work with a paranormal group out of Penn State. (The Penn State Paranormal Research Society)
They have been around for many years and basically travel the country helping people in need. Your story sounds intruiging and it just so happens that they will be in Maine, in the next 2 weeks. We also have someone visiting a family there today. If you are interested in immediate help, please contact me asap. You can email me at pahaunted [at] yahoo.com

I would really like to help get you the resources you need.

Thank you and talk soon,

David
aleycat1090 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-24)
ok it sounds as if the thing that is in your house is trying to get your attention if you respond to the HEY then you can probaly get some sleep and for the foot steps just simply say"time for bed stop walking" and for your living room visiters tell them to be quiet the baby is sleeping I had a thing like this happen before just do this it should work 😊 😜
KachieChan (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Dang.

That sounds like a pain to live with. How the heck do you get any sleep?!

Your mobile home sounds huge... Sorry, off subject.

If you want them out, I'd get a priest to bless your home. If you feel threatened/scared, you can use what my grandma taught me. She said to get jingle bells and ring them when you get scared, she says it wards them off.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
Dear GhostsinMaine,

I agree with Shane in regards to the gentlemen talking in your living room as being a residual haunting or energy imprint that plays over and over at the same time. You may try leaving a bright light on in the living room or consider a white noise type of machine. You may also consider the placement of your furniture and the use of new mirrors as placement in or like the use of feng shui. You might want to try and break up the energy by making your own noise, perhaps a housewarming party. The more you use the living room the more you replace it with your own energy imprint. You could also use music, bells, a singing bowl, laughter, clapping, banging of pans and so forth. All to break up the stuck energy. These suggested remedies may be worth a try. Opening all windows to the fresh air and having plants in your living room may also help.

As for the other haunting, it is most likely a ghost who is a dead person who has not yet crossed over, but is earthbound. You may wish to research the best way in which to remove this unwanted guest by looking at the comment section here on this site, as well as searching the web, and going to your public library for resources on the subject. This way you can find what you need and what suits you and your belief system.

I appreciate you for taking the time to write and share your personal story here with us. Thank you so much.

Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
If this is truely a residual haunting, which the footsteps and voices more than likely are, there isn't anything you can do. As this is just energy trapped in the enviroment and being replayed. The tugging of the hair and the yelling in your ear are more indicative of an intelligent haunt, one where the spirit interacts with the living. This can be taking care of through a cleansing ceremony or blessing. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: