You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Trailer In Louisiana

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Trailer In Louisiana

 

I have lived in the same trailer for the past 10 years just different areas in Louisiana. The first 5 years seemed to be going well. There would be times that I would hear a door knob being jiggled or hear someone call my name, but would just shrug it off as I was hearing things since when I would go check it out no one would be there. We lived in a pretty bad neighbourhood so at the end of the fifth year of living there we had the money to move and bought some property from a friend.

I really don't have much information on the trailer or the property that we live on at the present time. My boyfriend told me that he had found the trailer about a block away from where we live, it had been abandoned and people in the neighbourhood had vandalized it. He decided he wanted the trailer so he pulled the trailer out of all the weeds and started renovation which is now a pretty nice trailer. Just recently I was talking to one of my neighbours and found out that the subdivision or as I would rather call it trailer park used to be a plantation. The couple that lived on the property passed away and their children decided to make a subdivision out of it; eventually the oldest bought the others shares and decided to sell plots of the property for trailers. This is all the history I have so far on the land or the trailer that we are living in for right now.

So here is the rest of my story since we have been living here. Since we have lived in this area I have experienced quite a lot of things. After first moving here I started hearing the jiggling of the doorknobs again just like in the beginning again I just shrugged it off as me just hearing things. After a few nights of hearing the jiggling of the doorknobs I started getting curious to what it was, I got out of bed grabbed my boyfriend's handgun and walked to each door and opened each one. My boyfriend was out of town working at the time so it was just me and my two boys. After opening all the doors and no one jumping out at me I walked around the trailer and nothing there, this went on for a few months then it stopped

A couple of weeks later after the deal with the doorknobs stopped, I decided to mess around on the computer after the boys had gone to bed. I was talking to some friends in a chat room and out of nowhere a nickel fell on top of the desk I looked around the room, looked back at the door which was still shut all the way couldn't determine where the nickel came from, so I said thank you I needed that and went back to what I was doing. A couple of days later I was watching TV. Waiting for the boys to get home from school and felt someone pull my hair. I turned around thinking I was going to see one of them standing behind me but no one was there.

The most recent thing that has happened is a couple of weeks ago. We usually get season passes to a water park every summer for the boys; it's the last weekend that they would be open. I wasn't feeling so good so we ended up not going. I had put my shoes under the coffee table and had my purse and a bag I use to carry my sons' insulin and stuff in on the side of the couch. After running bath water for my son and sending him to take his bath I walked to the kitchen to fix lunch for everyone the next day. I finished fixing the lunches and cleaning the kitchen, I went to set down to watch a little TV. My shoes were on top of the coffee table, my purse and the bag was sitting on the couch. I know my son didn't do it and my boyfriend didn't do it either he was on the computer at the time. I just shook my head and said sorry but no one is going anywhere and put everything back like it was.

Other hauntings by cherokeekydd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cherokeekydd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
Just a litte bit of an update,
I haven't been able to find out any information on the property that the trailer park is on, the neighbor that told me that it used to be a plantation has been in and out of the hospital with heart problems and I forgot what the name she had told me it was. The last couple of weeks have had a couple of things happen, last monday I was walking to the front of the trailer to get my sons' things ready for school when I got to the end of the couch I came to a sudden stop, I didn't see anything but had a strong feeling that some one was standing in the dining area watching me... Unlike the other times this had an eery feeling to it, I turned around and walked back to my son's room. It was a little after 9:00 last night had just put my son to bed 15 minutes after walking out of the room he started screaming, something he has never done before, I ran to his room and as I was opening the door he was trying to get out. He said the dark people was after him. After calming him down I put him back to bed, I asked him this morning what he meant last night about the dark people, and what did they look like. He said they were dark like a shadow. He said they don't do anything but stand around in the room and that they are just creepy, he also said there's usually just one but last night there was two... One was in the middle of his room... And the other was blocking the door. Even this morning he refused to stay in the room by his self.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I'm not really convinced.
The timing is too far apart.
The activity isn't consistant.
You don't seem "washed out" enough
From having a ghost keep you up for days.
Ghosts can move on at any time, so verifying
A haunting can be tricky.
Be observant but don't wish for something
You don't need.
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
That's one of the things on my to do list, I want to talk to my neighbor some more and see if I can get anymore information from her before I do anything more though. I'm really interested in the place now that I know more about the land 😊
Thanks for the comments. ❤
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
DragonStorm80 has a good point. It might be a fun idea to gather some information on your plot of land. Usually you can find this kind of information at your local courthouse.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I really liked this story, and agree with other comments that talking to them will be nice for them to feel acknowledged when you are around 😊

Is there any way to find out any more history on the land you are currently staying on?
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Hey taz
Thanks for the comment. I'm usually the last one to bed and for no reason I'll say goodnight occasionlly. Will have to start doing it more often
Thanks for the suggestion ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
interesting post thanks for adding this 😊
It sounds like you have a mischivious spirit living with you. Pulling hair, dropping coins, moving things around and rattling the door knobs its trying to get your attention and sounds like it has!

Agree with miracles it is nice that you thank the spirit, this is just a surgestion but each morning and evening before going to bed say hello (or good morning) to it and goodnight too just a bit of recognition now and then helps keep the playful things to a exceptible level (have know this to work for a friend's mum)
I have said before that spirits just want people to accept that they are there and to let the spirit know you know.
All the best
Carl
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
hey Elephante
No offense taken, The trailer is in really good condition probably even better if it was brand new. My boyfriend thinks everything has to be just right or it has to be better than what it was, so he sets a higher standard for certain things. It's possible that it could have been a loose doorknob and the wind blowing. There's not to much that scares me. So it just pretty much peaked my curosity and kept me alert to possible break ins. I never did ask my son or boyfriend if they moved cause there's no way possible they could have done it without me seeing them. From the kitchem to the frontroom it's open. Nothing to block someone's view. Which is good cause while I'm cleaning or cooking I can watch t.v. Also 😆
cherokeekydd (6 stories) (30 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
hey Miacles
Think it was trying to be helpful and is a little playful at times. Was a little concerned for awhile cause of the two incidents with my son, but he hasn't had anything recent happen to him. So not sure if this is the same spirit that me and my son both have seen or another. But no it don't seem to mean any harm.

Thanks for the comment 😊
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Not meaning to be offensive here, I just need clarification. Is it possible these are just signs of the trailer being old? Since it was a renovated trailer, what kind of condition is it in? Is it possible the jiggling of the door knobs is just a loose knob that the wind outside is blowing?
Did you ever ask your boyfriend or your son if they moved your stuff, or did you just assume they hadn't?
Just curious 😁 Thanks for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
cherokeekydd - I love stories like these 😊. I've lived in trailers on and off for the last 10 years, currently own and live in one now. I have "jokingly" stated that when trailers are manufactured, I swear they "blow in" ghosts when they blow the insulation in the ceilings 😆.

Yours sound a lot like mine. Not there to harm or scare anyone. Just there. I've also experienced the doorknobs, a lot actually. Got to be where my kids and I would just look at the door, look at each other, shrug our shoulders and continue with whatever we were doing. It also sounds as if your ghost was trying to "help" you out a little bit, huh, by "reminding" you that you were supposed to take the boys to the water park.

Very cool story, cherokee, I enjoyed it very much. And I very much like the way you also thank your ghosts ❤.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: