You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

My First Shadow Person

 

My interest in the paranormal didn't come about from one specific incident. I can't really pinpoint the moment that I was completely sure that there was life after death. I grew up believing in ghosts and goblins and had an amazing imagination as most children do. I loved sitting around with my friends, holding flashlights under our chins and telling stories that caused us to all sleep with the lights on at night. I watched Unsolved Mysteries religiously just for the ghost stories, because back then, there wasn't too much on TV as far as the paranormal went. But I never really saw anything myself. I never had a great story to tell. My scary stories to tell in the dark consisted of things that happened to a friend of a friend. As I got older, there were a few weird happenings that I would put under the category of paranormal, but, again, I never really saw anything.

I have a 3 year old daughter who is very gifted in the sense of having a medium type gift. She sees, hears, and communicates with spirits. This ability may stay or she may grow out of it, but it is what it is. I believe that ever since my daughter was an infant, there's been some increased activity in the funk-o-meter factor. If you've read my previous stories, you'll agree that her dad hangs out and watches over her. He passed away while I was pregnant and he's made it clear that he hasn't missed a day of our daughter's life. It's because of her why I think the ghosties like to hang around. I think that they know she can see them. I admire my daughter because even though I had always wanted to see something, I would have been scared out of my wits if I had seen anything spooky as a child. Most of what she sees isn't scary to her. There is one figure/person/thing that does bother her and her reaction ranges from nervously backing out of a room when she sees it to screaming in terror. It always seems to be the same thing; she calls it the feisty rodent. She just does not like the feisty rodent one bit. I'm not sure who or what it is.

One particular night, about a year ago, my daughter was having a bad night in the sense that the spirits were talking to her while she was trying to lay down and go to sleep. They can get distracting and/or bothersome at times. She's generally not scared, but annoyed rather. So on this night, we were doing our nightly routine of laying down with the night light on and telling the ghosties to go away and not bother us at bedtime etc etc. She was just starting to drift off to sleep when she sat bolt upright in bed screaming that the feisty rodent wouldn't go away. She wouldn't relax and lay back down so I decided to take her into the living room for awhile and let her watch cartoons hoping that would take her mind off of the annoying rodent.

At this point, I was super annoyed, not at my daughter but at the feisty rodent because he was, in my opinion, taking advantage of the fact that I was feeling very helpless. I couldn't reassure my daughter that he was gone when I couldn't tell if he actually was or not. Earlier in the night, I had felt a change in the air, like a heavy type thickness to the room so I was pretty sure that he was still there. I was just feeling very frustrated with the entire situation. It was past 11pm and we were both exhausted. So, like I said, I plopped her down on the couch and turned the TV on NickJr and sat in the adjoining chair and booted up my laptop.

I live in a mobile home and the living room is in the center of the house, it's an open view to the kitchen. The chair that I was sitting in faces the kitchen directly and the couch is to the left and the TV is to the right. My computer is older and it takes a bit longer than it should to boot up, so while I was waiting for it, I was just absentmindedly staring off towards the corner of the living room on my left when straight on, in the kitchen, the light that hangs over the dining room table dimmed so I turned towards it. Standing in front of my table, actually partially blocking out the light, was this massive tall, thin solid black figure. It was very tall and solid black which is why the light dimmed because its head was partially covering it. Now, I'm 5 foot 2 inches tall. If I moved the table and stood directly under the light, I wouldn't be able to block it or even have the top of my head come level with it. This thing was well over 6 feet tall. The light does hang low because it's made to be over a table but like I said, whatever was standing there was tall enough to block the light partially. That's tall. I stared at it for maybe 30 seconds before I turned my attention to my daughter who started screaming the second it appeared. What I did notice was that it appeared to be wearing some type of cape or trench coat. It was the outline of a very tall, slim person with a hat possibly and a long jacket/trench coat.

My daughter was screaming, "Oh no! The feisty rodent's here mommy!" and she was definitely in panic mode. I would have dismissed the whole thing as me being over tired and my eyes playing tricks on me if it wasn't for the fact that my daughter and I both saw the same thing at the same time. I'm not sure if this feisty rodent chose to reveal himself to me just to prove he exists or if for a split second, I was able to see what my daughter sees all the time. Either way, I definitely felt the pee run down my leg... (As was suggested by the first person that I contacted for help in this matter, you know who you are! Haha)

Other hauntings by hippiechick83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiechick83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
Thank you very much truthindarkness... I am beginning to think there is more to this shadow person than I originally thoguht.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
This sounds like the man in the long black coat. I mentioned this before in a similar story a few months ago. Maybe their's something to Bob Dylan's song of the same title (Man in the Long Black Coat). It might be a "toned down" depiction and personification of the actual entity.

For those interested, here's ELP's cover of the Dylan tune. IMHO, much better than the original.

Http://youtu.be/1sFV8fuOOlk
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
Rook, thanks a million... Depending on how this goes, I will put my crown order in sometime next week. Haha πŸ˜†
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
hippiechick,

Trust me this method is Blond Proof... My wife is a Natural Blond and has no problems with it. 'Good' or 'Positive' Entities should not be effected as this method is designed to push out Negative (Evil) Energies / Entities. Here it is so you don't have to search for it. (Trix suggests that you place the broom you use into water to 'wash off' any residual negative energies that may 'stick' to it.)

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Hippychick,
OMG! I'm watching the roast of Charlie Sheen right now and laughing my butt off! Thinking of you dear!

WINNING!

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Hippychick,
Rook has clarified this a couple of times about the good spirits not being affected by the cleansing. I remember specifically because it was also one of the things him and Moongrim were debating. The good spirits don't get affected. Just read through his cleansing recipe carefully and you'll see where that is addressed.

Love you girl,
Jav ❀ ❀ 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
hippiechick: I honestly don't know, you'll have to ask Rook πŸ˜† πŸ˜†...But just think: you'll have your choice of a bronze, silver or gold crown depending on how blonde your moment is... πŸ˜†
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Thanks Granny! ❀ Is Rook's recipe blonde proof? πŸ˜† I have a knack for taking simple things and making them complicated πŸ˜‰
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
hippiechick: If you follow Rook's recipe, it will only bring in a more positive atmosphere which will only dispell unpleasant thingies that like negativity... Your cool guys will probably slow down for a few days, but most likely won't leave 😊 ❀
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
AUSSIE! We must have commented at the same time the other day and I haven't been back on here since but I MISS YOU BUCKO! ❀

Thanks Cosmo 😊 I sooo dislike the rodent. He doesn't get the hint that he's not wanted...I'm thinking about doing a cleansing but will that make everyone dissappear too? There are some ghosties I love having around. πŸ˜†
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Hey hippiechick, Oh wow that gave me the creeps. I got the impression that the "fiesty rodent" was making a bold attempt to show himself and prove that he really is there. That would have freaked me out especially when Novalee reacted to it the exact moment you saw it. 😨 That is very interesting how she decided to call it the fiesty rodent from the Budweiser commercials. She is a very smart and gifted little girl. So if you ever find out why she choose to call it that, I'm sure she has an excellent reason. I agree with granny, big nasty trench coat man needs to be kicked to the curb. Thanks for sharing another story, and keep us posted. 😊 ❀
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Jav, good point although I'm not so sure... Just because she usually says "flippin'" haha For example, just a few minutes ago, she told her grandmother, "I'm thirsty... Get me a flippin' drink!" Little mouth of mine... πŸ˜† I'm planning on doing an interview on my camera phone... I don't want her to feel like she's being put on the spot but if she starts to be more open about it, I want to catch that on video and see if she can shed a little more light on what exactly the fiesty rodent is to her. πŸ˜‰
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Interesting account my crazy mate, you know something for the first time recently I too saw a tall shadowy figure in my bedroom not sure who it was... But I think reading through other accounts here they all report the same thing... Tall dark and faceless... I think they could belong to the order of the spiritual realm watchers perhaps?...not the ones that offer us the time but perhaps there job is keeping an eye on our proceedings... I think the Rodent is amplified through her imagination and would be quite frightening for her to deal with poor child... You know how some say the minds eye is a gift or curse... These types of experiences unfortunately are part of that uglier territory... They should pass with time, thanks for sharing Hippichick.

Bucko ❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Hippychick,
I think the word "feisty" might just be her "bad" word for it. Like an adult might call someone a "freaking idiot", she's calling him a "feisty rodent". He just frustrates the hell out her when he's around, so she's chosen something appropriate to how she feels about that.

Jav
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Yeah Jav and Tazzy... I agree, the name might change or who knows...kids, they're enough to drive you crazy (er) lol. πŸ˜†
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
hippiechick have to agree with jav on this its just a waiting game until she can explain it better for you to understand.
Time will tell as the saying goes!

[at] dragonstorm hell no! I'm holding on to this heat for a while πŸ˜† oh and get that pic!
[at] DARKNESS yes mate it is always all good bro πŸ˜‰
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Hippychick,
The thing is, Clair can't even remember where that word came from now. I guess maybe we're all just digging into it too hard maybe? The funny thing is though, other strange words made sense when I finally deciphered them.
Like "Missile Head" ended up as "Mr Ed"
Maybe a sounds like this word thing. Oh crap! I need to stop that!
Just don't beat yourself up over it, she knows what to do and when it's in the way, she knows it will eventually go. It's just feisty that way! HEY!

Jav 😲 😲
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Oh Lauri,
You do such a wonderful job! Let me tell you, my youngest had some really strange ways of naming things too. And she was never talked to with anything other than normal speech, no baby talk. And to this day I don't know where or how she got the word "keypine". It meant squirt bottle. You see? Nothing! No reason! But she insisted. Still cannot figure that one out!

Jav 😊
Please smile?
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Jav: Good theory! You know, like I said in my last story... I am sooo curious about what Novie actually sees. The whole white daddy/white people... I wish I could see exactly what she sees you know? I feel like I would be able to explain things better to her. I try my best but I feel helpless at times because I just really don't know what to say sometimes. 😒
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Hippychick,

Feisty means hyper... So it may be the way it moves or the speed with which it moves? Or vibration perhaps?

Jav
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Granny: That's a great idea! πŸ˜† THAT is why you're YOU...'cause your BRILLIANT! Lol

DragonStorm: I've been afraid to do a cleansing because I'm not sure if that would wipe out the good ones who hang about too? It's calmed down a bit, this story took place almost exactly a year ago and she has come a long way. She doesn't mind telling a ghostie to get lost and she does threaten her Brooklyn daddy on them. Haha

I still have no idea why she chose the words feisty rodent...I've exlained to her time and time again that rodents are rats, mice, groundhogs etc... And I've also explained that feisty means hyper and she still insists that it's a feisty rodent. She just saw him/it night before last...wouldn't go near her bedroom for about 20 minutes because the rodent was apparantly in front of her door...
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
[at] Javelina, jeez see all the stuff I miss when I am sick in bed for a day and a half JEEZ! And I will certainly save you some drop bear snacks, and you can't catch up with an aussie without beers so we're all good πŸ˜†

DARKNESS ~ PLEASE let me dress you up in that outfit and take a pic just for a laugh?

Tazzicles ~ Have you had a cold shower yet? πŸ˜†

Hippiechick ~ I wonder if like she calls it a rodent right? So doing an "extermination" of your place may get rid of him? I guess that means a cleansing, but you know what I mean 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
[at] Lou,
Hi De Ho, what do you know?
So you're into Lucretia McEvil eh? And I thought I was the only BS&T fan around here!

Jav 😲
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
hippiechick: No, it's me who's late to the party!...Oh, I did show up for the disco and retro dance πŸ˜†...

Anyway, this rat gotta go!...Have you ever asked her what she thinks a rodent is?...Maybe you can get a description of the guy that way... I don't know many 3 year olds who know that rodent is another word for rat or mouse, or wolverine for that matter πŸ˜†...Do your little video trick and see if she'll ham it up long enough to get an idea of what this dude looks like to her... Try not to mention the fiesty one... Maybe show her a picture of a mouse and ask her if it's a rodent?...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Good to hear from you Lauri, well that explains the Feisty Rodent name haha, wasn't what I was expecting to tell you the truth. That is great news to hear that she does ask for the help of her father, and even better having the night light off, she is going to be a strong little lady I believe! 😊

Hahaha just read all the comments about me in the mankini wearing a toolbelt big thick socks, boots on, singing MC Hammer can't touch this hammering a piece of wood. Geez what a site lmao that's really bad imagine I was wearing my mullet wig aswell!OMG! πŸ˜† What a way to start the day, and Taz mate you know its all good my brother from another mother lol! 😁
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Oh Lordy! I'm late to the party as usual! 😭 I absolutely apologize for taking so long to reply. Novalee started school this week and it's been busy, busy, busy on top of this horrid head cold I've somehow contracted. Egh. Ok, I'm going to try to answer everyone's questions... Here goes:

She does now call out on her dad for help... She has an issue lately with shadows and actually prefers to sleep with the night light off to eliminate the shadows in the room... Kind of odd.

I don't have a rodent issue due to the fact that a cat lives under my home and keeps intruders out...well, live intruders anyway.

The feisty rodent thing came about because at one point, (this is so silly) she loved the bud light commercial... Real men of genius... The overzealous foulball catcher. There's a light that goes, "You scratch and dig your way to the ball like a bloodthirsty wolverine..." then the background singers sing, "You're a fiesty rodent!" Ummm, I really don't know why she'd call a ghostie that but I regret not posting this story when it happened instead of waiting for so long... I have noticed other almost identical accounts... That made me want to post it because there's gotta be something to many people seeing the same thing right?

There were no features on the figure, just solid black... No eyes, nothing... Just black.

Lou...the flooding let up, thanks. Lol I live way above the flood zone so it was all good on the homefront. Thanks for asking.

If I missed anyone, I'll be back in a jiffy to comment...sorry, I've never had to catch up on so many comments at once. Thanks for bearing with me.

Thanks to everyone who has read and/or commented...

Peace and Love,
Hippiechick
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
jav all I can say is darkness must be glad there are a few thousand miles between us lmco

Darkness you know I'm messing with you!
But I know you like it...

πŸ˜† 😲 ❀
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
!taz,
Cold shower quick man! Hurry! I'm laughing so hard my face hurts! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav XOXOXO
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
[at] DARKNESS it has in the past mate πŸ˜‰
[at] jav I had noticed, but was hoping you were going to miss commenting, you know me too well πŸ˜†
[at] lou I now have a picture of DARKNESS in his mankini with matching toolbelt, boots and them thick socks rolled right down and a huge cheesey grin 😲
Please send help! I'm laughing so hard I swear I will stop breathing soon
Carl
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Glad to be of service Granny... Love ya's very much. πŸ˜†

Respectfully,

Rook

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: