You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Dining Room

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Dining Room

 

I know there are ghosts in my home. I've seen & heard a few. But there's one in particular that I have mixed feelings about.

One night, after I got out of class, around 9:30pm, I went home & one of my friends came with me to sleepover & to study for exams for the next class. After a late dinner, she was in my room watching a movie and I was in the living room on the phone talking with a now ex. All the lights were off except for the one in my room. I felt like I didn't need to have the living room light on because the light from my room lit both rooms well.

A few minutes after I answered the phone, I heard a noise in the dining room. It sounded like someone clearing their throat. I thought it was the neighbors because the window was open. I heard it again 3 more times before I noticed that it was getting closer. I was starting to think that it wasn't the neighbors anymore. By the 4th time, it was louder, meaner and right in my ear.

Once I got off the phone, it stopped. I wasn't the only one to hear it. My mom heard it a few times and it's always in the dining room and it makes itself known when one of us is talking to someone we shouldn't be talking to or someone that's not trusted by anyone. Other than that, we don't hear it.

I don't know if it's good or bad, but it's definitely an intelligent spirit, I know that much. It seems to me that's it's trying to warn us to keep away from certain people, but I can't tell. Like I said, I have mixed feelings about it.

If anyone has ideas on what it might be, feel free to share. I'd like to know.

Other hauntings by blood_barbie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blood_barbie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
It didn't wanted you to talk to your ex 😆 because as soon as you got off the phone it stopped!
blood_barbie (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Thanks for replying.

The only recording we have is from yesterday. So it's pretty recent. My brother & his band mates were recording some music with video in the dining room. When they looked back at it, halfway throughout the music, it drowned out & a harmonica starts playing along with some really old instruments & you can see some skeletons with bright colors dancing. After a few minutes, their music started fading back in.

When I took a picture of myself, I saw a man's face in the top right corner. It looked misty but you can clearly see the eyes, nose & mouth, but no facial expression. That's the one I got rid of because I was really freaked out by it. Since then, I don't really take a lot of pictures unless I'm outside or when hanging out with friends.

I tried communicating once by talking out loud. One of my friends was with me. We stood in the part of my living room that closest to my bedroom door on the second floor & we talked from there. We heard a really creepy laugh as if it was mocking us. So we stopped. I grabbed the salt & had a line of salt in front of my door for a couple months & got rid of it when the happenings weren't as frequent.

Since then, I have not tried communicating with any of the spirits. But I did talk to my mother & asked her where did some of them come from because there were some that weren't there before. She said some came with our house (it's a very big old house) & because of the religion that her & my stepdad practice (I stopped after a while) they give respects to the dead from our house, (like give it offerings of food & coffee & alcohol every once in a while), some came from there.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Wow. That's a lot of activity. Have you tried 1) recording the ghosts? 2) photographing the ghosts? 3) Asking, out loud, what the ghosts want?

(and I'm just going to use the word "ghosts" here, I fully realize there are plenty of terms for the various things that go bump in the night)
blood_barbie (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
After I heard the voice, I was wondering if I should trust my ex or the spirit. Something was telling me to trust the spirit. So I went with the spirit. 2 weeks later I broke up with him because I found out he was lying to me about basically everything during our entire relationship & he was also cheating on me with a few other women. & since he knew I was into the whole paranormal thing, he went as far as lying about being attacked by a succubus & multiple demons. There was just something in the way he described the attacks that just didn't seem believable. I'm wondering how did the spirit know not to trust him?
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
You said this happened to you when you were talking to your now ex. You also said this thing seems to warn you not to talk to certain people you shouldn't trust. I wonder how trustworthy was your ex and if this voice is why you're no longer with you ex or was your ex untrustworthy. Just wondering.
blood_barbie (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
There are a lot of things happening here. There are some residual spirits, but there are a lot of intelligent ones too. I live in a 2 family house with a attic that's been turned into an apartment. There's at least 2-3 ghosts on every floor including the basement. I'll tell you of each one I've seen or heard, so it may be a little long.

The attic has 2 small children that love to play with people. There's also African music that can be heard from time to time. If you're on the second floor at night, around 12am, you can hear the running across the attic & laughing.

The second floor has what I believe to be a guard dog near the front door. I've seen it just sit there & stare forward. It never moves.
A residual ghost in the hallway, it looks as if its running from something or someone & disappears in the hallway closet.
A small child on crutches is in the dining room as well.
In one of my old pictures I took of myself, there is a face in the top right corner that wasn't in any of the previous pictures. I got rid of the picture because it freaked me out.
Sometimes in my room, there will be weird noises by my tv if I sleep with my back toward the tv, once I turn around, the noises will stop.
I was on camera with a friend & I was showing her what my dog looked like & when I moved the camera up, she asked if there was anyone in my dining room. I said no, why? She said there was an old man standing in there. I later found out from my mom that it was my stepdad's grandfather.
One day, my brother said ghosts didn't exist because my mom & me were talking about them. Next thing I know, he's running out of his room, someone has whispered, "Boo" in his hear as he was walking by the gecko tank. He went back in after a few minutes making a lot of sounds & the same voice whispered, "Shh" in his ear. In that same room, I've smelled cigar smoke, like someone was smoking a cigar in there.
One day, my grandma heard walking upstairs, like heavy footsteps, so I went to check it out, no one was there. So I went to the back balcony for a few minutes to see if I hear them too. What I heard wasn't footsteps, but it sounded like someone was moving dishes around the kitchen. I looked in the window & it stopped. I looked away & it started again. When I got back in the house, I looked around, nothing was disturbed. I turned to walk out & sneezed twice, at that same moment, a deep male's voice said, "Bless you" to me. I turned & no one was there.

The first floor is my grandmother's house. She experiences a lot here. She has a camera outside the house so she can see who's at the door from her room. She said one rainy day, she thought she heard the doorbell, so she switched on her tv with the camera & saw a skeleton with bright jewelry dancing in front of her front door.
There was also a vicious dog that would be in the room next to the living. I thought it might've been a hellhound that a old family friend had sealed in there because before my grandma moved back in, he used that room for a sacrificial room for an African religion that I no longer practice. It's no longer there though.
After my grandfather died, a lot more has been happening. On the day of his funeral, his car wouldn't start even though it's been working perfectly fine before & after the funeral.
The radio turned on twice on his favorite station in my grandma's room. From time to time I hear him calling my grandma's name.
I moved down in her house now so she won't be alone & I heard someone running their hand across my door. I heard someone with a deep voice say "Fo" in spanish. My grandma experienced someone holding her down while she's in bed & she can't scream. She feels like something wants her dead but that's the only serious thing that's happened.
One night, around 1am, I walked into my room in my grandma's house cause I was with my mom playing Monopoly upstairs, & there was this tall, dark figure, about 5'7 or 5'8, standing at the end of my bed, looking at me as I walked into my room. I shined the light from my phone at it & it was gone. I've never seen it again.
The most recent one was the reason why I came to this site. 3:30am on September 12, someone was playing spanish music really loud either from the kitchen or my grandpa's room, but there's no radio plugged in & there was people talking in spanish in the kitchen. Now for the record, everyone in my house is spanish & spanish is our first language. My grandma knows no english, just spanish & she couldn't understand a word of what they were saying even though it was in spanish.

In the basement, there is one, possibly 2 spirits. One makes you feel somewhat calm, but it's rare that its there. The other one makes you feel scared & anxious. They haven't done anything except make the light go out, but the feelings you feel are from them. I don't know their intentions & I don't want to find out.

So that's all what's been happening so far. Sorry it's so long.
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I second that. The more we know about your experiences, the easier it would be to diagnose. But it doesn't sound like anything negative, and it's great if this spirit is trying to keep you away from untrustworthy folks!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
This doesn't seem to be harmful or mean in any way, and like you said it does seem to be warning you from untrustworthy people, so far from what you have said it seems friendly and protective towards you and your mother.

Has anything else happened in the house besides this?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: