You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices In The Basement 2

Real Ghost Stories

Voices In The Basement 2

 

So my last story talked about how there were voices in my basement. And I did include some of the comments that whatever it is it likes to run up and down the basement stairs while having a good laugh. I also said I was going to tell it to calm down whenever it started up again, but boy was that the worst idea ever!

Last night, stuff got really weird. While the cat was inside he kept hissing at the basement door and literally attacking it! Usually our cat is pretty calm and doesn't really bother anything but last night he was just going off the walls. Then the scariest thing was what my boyfriend saw.

So the way my house is, you walk in the side door and you're in the kitchen, then straight is the bathroom, the basement door, and the room that we use for clothes. Then there's a doorway when you turn right and it's the entry way to the living room and the room we sleep in. You can't see me at all when I'm in the living room and you're in the kitchen.

I was sitting on the couch setting my alarm for the next morning, it was probably around 11PM at this time, and my boyfriend was in the kitchen making something to eat. A minute or so passed and he asked "what doin boo" and I said I was sitting in the living room playing with his phone. It was silent for a little while and then I asked why. I got up and he was standing in the doorway with a freaked out look on his face. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I coulda swore I just saw you walk into the bathroom and shut the door". I said I was in the living room the whole time and he insisted that he saw me and was 100% sure.

Now the bathroom door is never shut unless there's someone in there. And when I looked, the door was shut. Right then I knew he wasn't lying and when we went to go open the door no one was there. So that night when we were going to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom. While I was walking by I heard the running up and down the stairs and laughing. Then when I was going back to bed I saw a shadow in the room where we leave the clothes and I just ignored it because I got scared.

I think I may have gotten whatever it is mad when I told it to calm down because it got even worse. Can someone help me please?!

Other hauntings by deejayy53

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deejayy53, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
I've read an article on etiquette when speaking to ghosts and it made some really good points.

To the ghosts, it's their "home" and they think you're the one invading their personal space. Think of it this way, if a complete stranger comes into your home and starts screaming and yelling at you, most likely you'd get angry and confused as to why this stranger is in your home. Same concept here... So if you speak politely and clearly state what you want, you may be surprised to find them cooperating. Not saying this always work... But wouldn't hurt right?

If you're interested in reading this article, I actually found it on this site under the articles link.
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
I actually did try the letters and toys, nothing thou. I really want to upload my last experiance but the page to submit the storys is unavailable! Lol its bugging me
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
Has anything come about with the letters or toys? Have you tried yet? 😊 I hope your kitty is ok, if I were a kitty and you guys kept leaving me in the house with an abusive ghost, I'd probably me upset with you! (kitty silent treatment). 😜 Seriously though, I do hope things are going ok. Please update us on if anything new comes up.
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
I have asked it nicely to go away from my house. And this experiance is kind of a whole new story in itself. I'm uploading it as soon as I am done with this comment, lol.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Oh well in which case that really isn't good, have you thought of maybe as has been suggested talking politely to it, and possibly doing a cleansing to settle the energy in your house?
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
DARKNESS & DragonStorm: he thought he saw me, when it really wasnt, it was a Doppelganger. I really should have added that in my story somewhere, lol
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
[at] deejayy53 ~ Some good suggestions are here, and I'm with DARKNESS on his comment, did your boyfriend say he definately saw you, or he just assumed it was you because he saw something walk by?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
deejayy53: Can you please clarify something to me, you mentioned that your boyfriend saw you walk into the bathroom,YOU, so are you saying like a Doppelganger perhaps? If this is the case then you may have 2 spirits present within your home, or just one that can present itself in differant forms (not good in my opinion) Look forward to hearing your response.😊

Dan
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
thats definietly a better way to do things taz lol I will have to do that next time!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
thanks for the reply deejayy
Can I surgest you say sorry for shouting but would be happy if I could try to keep the noise down a bit talking to it should help but getting angry wont
Carl
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
cosmogal: there were little cuts on his paws but the others were all over his body.

Taz: I told it to calm down. Like yelled it. But like I said, I'm pretty sure it just got mad because it started to show itself and hurt my cat.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
totaly agree with the first few comments great ideas to try.
Now you say you told it to calm down, did you tell it or ask it?
Telling it is like telling a child to stop having a tantrum, it's not going to work!
Asking it politly and calmly might help as well as the toys and fridge magnets mentioned.
Hope it gets better for you soon.
Carl
[at] stephyw2001 looks like people did like the surgestion after all 😊
Angel1996 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
This may sound dumb but listen. I think cats are very aware of the spirit world and can see every bit of it. I would talk to the spirit and watch your cat's actions closely. Don't be hostile towards spirits of any sort ever. Because if you ander them and they are in your house, they could haunt you viciously. I say this on every comment I make but everyone has a guardian angel that watches over them. You can't see it unless you make contact with it alot. It will kill spirits that intend to upset you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Hi deejayy53, it seems you have some mischievous activity going on. Again I agree with stephy and granny. Stephy, I really like that you try different experiments. It's very refreshing. 😊

Deejayy were the cuts on your cats paws? Do you think he could have gotten them from attacking the door?
Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Ghost guy, sometimes no matter what you do, a spirit refuses to move on. Just an observation of mine. They go when they're good and ready, basically. Suggesting it to them works sometimes, but not always.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
You either have to make existence for the
Ghost impossible or they won't want to move on.
Also, let your boyfriend in on the situation.
This sounds authentic.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
deejay: Along the same lines with Stephy, why not go to the dollar store and buy a few toys?...A ball, a baby doll, maybe a coloring book and crayons?...Tell your little friend that if she/he behaves, they can have another toy...Don't let them take advantage though LOL...
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
not me. But it tried to harm my kitty. After the kitty was done freaking out we looked at him and he had little cuts all over him
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Can I ask why you would feel that you've angered whatever it is that you saw in the house? Has it tried to harm you?
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I actually really like that idea. I'm sure it'll get the idea lol. Thanks alot! 😁
stephyw2001 (guest)
+7
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
OK, This may not be the most recommended of ideas. I'm sure people may disagree with me on this one.
Again, I will state, this is only what I would do, you don't have to listen to me at all.
I like experimenting. I would not go to a Ouiji board or anything like that. That's inviting trouble usually. However, I would conveniently leave out some alphabet blocks on the floor or alphabet magnets on the fridge. Just to see if anything happens. (gets spelled out).
Maybe it would shed some light on what's up in your house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: