You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Shadows Are Talking To Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadows Are Talking To Me

 

My husband and 3 year old son moved into a great home built in the 1900's. When I became pregnant with my daughter my son was 3 years old.

One night he came in to me and my husband's bedroom and said can I sleep in here the shadows are talking to me and I can't get back to sleep.

The next day my son started talking about a person named Bobbi.

One morning my son was lying in bed with me and my husband when he said oh Bobbi is here. I asked where and he pointed above us. I went into his room and very strongly told "it" was not welcome and to get out of our house. There was nothing after that until my daughter was a year old.

My son began telling us his bedroom door was opening by itself. He would come into our room talking about the shadows again. I went to my son's room again and told it more strongly to get out of our house.

A year later I developed severe depression and started doing things I normally would not do. My depression progressively got worse. I would sleep for days! I never thought what was happening could be a demon attack because I was confronting "it" to get out.

We moved out of the house to another State. I feel great! My depression is gone and I feel like I have my life back. While living in the house I never thought what was happening to me could be a demon attack. However, after I started feeling better I did some research and learned it is dangerous to challenge a demonic entity. A demon attack can be insidious and can last for years. I do not know what I believe about the house but I am glad I am myself again!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blyth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Hi;

This is tell tale 100% demonic. Dark shadows, fear, night time whisperings, aka magical whisperings, and sudden depression are from Satan. Its foul goal is suicide via depression. Why? Easy; to get a damnation. Catholic Holy water and saying "Jesus and Mary help me" is a great help. I am SO VERY glad it's better, because challenging a demon is a bad idea, and it sometimes does follow them. God bless you and yours. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
ngute80 (220 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
You have to keep in mind satan/ demons are very manipulate and masters of disguise. They don't always possess people and throw knives.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Nothing more to say here as everyone else has already said it, you did all the right things and the fact that you are now doing better and are happier is really a good thing to hear, I hope your new home brings you many happy memories to cherish 😊
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
I believe demons have different "ranks" and their strengths vary. Some are very strong and some aren't. So to say its not a demon isn't necessarily the case. I'm NOT saying it was, I'm just saying don't be quick to rule it out. The important thing is you moved and your life is better because of it. I'm glad to hear your depression is gone and your back to your old self 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
I am in total agreement with stephy and geetha. You did everything right. I would say you experienced the effect of a negative spirit, or entity. Demons tend to be more destructive with their attacks. I believe you are a very strong, and am glad that you were able to get yourself and your family out of there. It's good to hear that you are feeling better and are happy in your new home. 😊
Angel1996 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
It wasn't a demon. Shadow people are a form of spirit/ghost that I think are living in their own time without knowing that you can see them. Or an old spirit that hasn't crossed over properly and is still visible. Don't worry about it. They didn't mean any harm and couldn't harm you anyway. They probably don't even know they are dead or that you are there.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Like stephyw2001 said, I'm glad you are feeling better and it's true that depression can be caused by many things and made worse my negative energy.

I give you credit for standing up for your son and going to depression. From a fellow depression survivor, I know how low you can go. Just be glad that you came though it and take it as life lessons and use it to make yourself better.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
I think you did the right thing by telling "it" to get out. I wouldn't doubt yourself on that. Depression can be caused by many things, if there is a negative spirit around, I'm sure that made it worse. However, I don't think a demon would just let you sleep. Shadow people maybe? Just lost souls wandering aimlessly? I'm glad you're feeling better though! I think certain places just have bad vibes to them, I'm glad you found a better place!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: