You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Stomping On The Roof

Real Ghost Stories

The Stomping On The Roof

 

This is definitely not my first experience with things that can be described as "paranormal" or "unexplainable". However, this is probably one of my scariest experiences regarding "paranormal" activity.

I had recently started dating my boyfriend, although we've been friends since we were children. We were talking about some of the scariest things that had happened to us as of late. He began to explain about his house's hauntings, saying how he hears things running on his roof at night. I believed him, he had no reason to lie to me. His sister had also mentioned how she hears the running and stomping, however, their mom said she heard nothing, or dismissed it as a cat.

Months had gone by and I had spent a lot of time at his house. One night in particular, I went over around 8pm and got comfortable in his bed while he picked up his room a bit. We talked about little nothings and were relaxing. Then I heard it. A casual sounding "tap tap tap" of walking on the roof, turning into a full-fledged heavy "STOMP STOMP STOMP" of running. And then, it abruptly stopped above where I sat. Wide eyed, I looked at my boyfriend in shock. We listened carefully for any sounds, possibly a person jumping off the roof, but there was nothing. He simply shrugged it off and said, "This happens all the time. Although, you were the first person over here to hear it."

A few months had passed and I had heard nothing out of the ordinary. One of our mutual friends was over at his house one night, playing Magic the Gathering, no doubt, before getting ready to go home around 2am. As he was opening their sliding glass door, he looked upward toward their roof. (Note: My boyfriend's house is somewhat "U" shaped with no defined front door. When you walk out of their house, you can see the other side of their house almost right in front of you.) As he looked up, there was a huge shadow person, roughly 8-10 feet tall standing on the roof. Without hesitating, he ran back inside and announced he was spending the night.

The last time I heard the stomping was around the same time as our friend seeing the shadow person, except this time, it was during the day. We had just come back from lunch and were laying on his bed. I don't recall exactly what we were talking about, but it probably wasn't important. Again, the stomping had started from his mom's room, across the hallway, and eventually stopping right above where we were sitting. We glanced at each other nervously, this being the ONLY time we had ever heard it during the day. As I inhaled, preparing to speak, there was a strong tapping on his window. At this time, because I'm not exactly the bravest, I began crying from fear as the tapping turned into knocking, almost banging. My boyfriend got up and opened the blinds, revealing there to be nothing. He went outside and searched his house (while I stayed and hid under the covers) and couldn't even find one footprint. We haven't heard the stomping since.

I would love to hear any feedback or answer any questions that anyone may have. I have no idea what it may have been and would like to hear everyone else's opinion on it.

Other hauntings by suneyedgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, suneyedgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Conradhi (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-23)
I believe you because I have experienced the same thing. Not to the extent that you have, but it definitely scared me. I live in Massachusetts where it gets very cold in the winter, and I spend lots of time in my room writing, drawing, etc.

I'm also no stranger to the paranormal, I've seen all kinds of weird stuff since I was born like glowing lights, which has always kind of driven my curiosity to know what all this stuff means. I do my best to debunk because truth is important, but right from a young age I knew the spirit realm was real.

We built our house and have lived in it for over 15 years now and my bedroom is on the 2nd floor. There's just the attic above us and that's it, which you need a ladder to access because it's just a hatch in the ceiling at the top of the stairs. We never store anything or go up there because it's high up and we simply use the basement instead. I've been up there and it's sealed up tight, no rot or any signs of real rodents have ever been found. We've only had mice a few times, and it was very minor, just a few, and I know what they sound like. Our house is a decent size too with a high roof. If you stand at the very top and look down its like a 30-35 foot drop into the yard below. I've been up there on occasions and there are no trees even close to touching the house. Each Bedroom on the 2nd floor has a "doghouse" facing the street and you can open the front window and walk onto the roof of the front porch.

Well basically about 3 1/2 years ago I was on my computer late one night being a night owl as usual, and eventually shut off all my lights and went to bed around 3 AM. As I was laying there in pitch darkness for no more than a few minutes, I started hearing thumping on the roof right above my bed. It started getting louder and louder to the point where it sounded like someone was stomping around in boots right above where I was sleeping! I got so scared I started praying and I swear on my life the moment I said "Jesus" I heard one last loud BANG and it went away. It never came back.

I haven't slept with the lights off since though, that's how much it freaked me out. I have lived in this house for over 15 years, and I have never heard anything close to that. When it's brutally cold here in winter, the only life forms stirring are turkeys, squirrels, birds, and coyotes. Our house is surrounded by nature sanctuaries, we are kind of isolated in our own little area, and we've always been respected in the community. Nobody has ever bothered us or tried to mess with our home, and we've lived here since 2001.

My roof is also very tall and there's no real reason for anything to be up there, especially in the dead of night when it's 10 degrees out.

There might be something about the land here cause I've seen a bright light in my neighbors yard at 4 AM plain as day, and I've talked to my other neighbor next to us who said they've had all kinds of experiences over the years. I once saw a shadow in my room as it darted out the window.

Ever since the footsteps experience however I always have this feeling "entities" like to hang out up there, cause it seems they've always been curious about me anyway, and I got this impression that's like their zone where they can safely observe us or something. I seem to be having more experiences as I get older.

Fast forward until about 3 months ago. I was up late at night and started hearing this tapping on my window. Like someone with one finger just tapping repeatedly with their finger nail. I've experienced this once before but it was in a car late at night. Anyway It would not stop and I could not find an explanation for it. At first I shined a bright light out the window and nothing was there yet this tapping was still going on. I was brave enough to thrust open the window and nothing was there and the tapping stopped. I shut the window and sat back down, and within a few seconds it started again and went on for several minutes. This freaked me out quite a bit actually, it was very unusual.

Fast forward to this morning, the day before Christmas Eve. It was just after sunrise but the sun wasn't out yet as it was still cloudy. Around 7 AM I was awoken to sounds on the roof, and I sat there listening very intently. All of a sudden it sounded exactly like a child running across the roof, and then it stopped. I've grown up around my little brother and cousins my whole life and the sound of a kid running is pretty recognizable. I don't think it was a squirrel which is literally the only thing it could have been because it was distinct thuds one after another that formed a pace. It wasn't an animal mindlessly wandering about, It sounded like someone took off running. Perhaps they were like hanging out up there as I was sleeping during the night, and as I awoke they left? I don't know. I didn't get the scared feeling like before though, It actually felt peaceful, like maybe my angels were hanging out up there or something, cause I've been trying to be closer with God lately.

When you spend enough time in your own home for many years, you become pretty keen on every little sound, and for these sounds in particular to remain unexplained combined with everything else I've experienced, combined with knowing others have experienced something similar, makes me highly curious.

This latest experience is why I googled "Footsteps on roof" and here I am. It's rather interesting to know other people have similar experiences. I do not believe we are alone in the universe, and I believe consciousness exists beyond the "physical."
RocketSledder77 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-28)
I live in far west Texas, between New Mexico and Mexico. I can remember something very similar happening to me twice now. The first was in mid/late July 2011, I woke up around 3:30am and heard at least three "creatures" on my roof. One that seemed to be running around in circles over living room which is next to mine. A second one that seemed to be going around the house. And a third one that seemed like it was jumping on and off the roof in the front. My house is basically circle layout under a square roof. Every room except mine and the bathrooms have two entrances. So you can walk completely around the house. That night I was the only person awoken buy the sounds I went around the house in the darkness trying to see if I could see anything in the house and to see if my family and pets were okay and all inside. Everyone was safe and fast asleep and I did not find anything in the house. But I had this strange feeling that whatever was on the roof knew where I was inside the house. As I went around I tried to stay in the shadows while I looked out the windows. I never saw anything. I eventually went back to my room when it quieted down and stopped. I listened in my room while in bed but did not hear or feel anything I eventually fell back sleep. I told my family about what happened that night and no one believe me. I told my friend who did believe me and told me they were "demonic aliens" that have the ability to cloak themselves somehow and he fended one off with the power of crist outside his house one night. While a great friend he does not seem to have a sense of logic and easily believes things to be aliens/ghosts/spirts and conspiracy/coverup without thinking rationally first. So I have to most dismiss his claims. I never talked about it again with anyone and I eventually wrote it off as a dream (even though in the back of my mind I knew it was not). Every July since then I sometimes stay up until four hoping to hear something and I never have. Until last week, I already forgot what night it happened. So let's just say on one of the nights during the 14-17. This time I was completely awake and had been all night. I was doing homework when I heard something walk over my room at exactly 3:31am. It sounds exactly like a way a person would. Maybe child, about 50-150 pounds in weight. Again I went around the house everyone was safe, asleep and inside. Once again tried looking out the windows and doors but did not see anything. I think this time it was just passing by. I would like to know what is really going on.
Luxx22 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
Hey suneyedgirl, you still in this forum?

This happened to me and my fiance' about 3/4 years ago. Exact same thing. We are located in Canada though...

Messsage me back
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
haah watching Michael Lou? Everytime I watch that movie I get that silly song stuck in my head 😜
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Pie
Pie
Me oh my
Nothing tastes sweet, wet, salty and dry
All at once o well it's pie
Apple!
Pumpkin!
Minced
An' wet bottom.
Come to your place everyday if you've got em'
Pie
Me o my
I love pie

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
suneyedgirl,

Thank you for understanding. I think it's a great idea about the cameras. They really are pretty inexpensive these days. Heck, if it weren't for the shipping and handling charges, you might find them cheaper on Ebay.
We are a wild bunch at times, but don't let that stop you from joining in! 😆

Jav

~~PS~When the Santa Ana winds start kicking up, I always think of Death Valley. The sound it makes, especially at night? That high pitched whistling can wear on you after a while. Eerie...
suneyedgirl (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Jav - We're definitely looking into investing in some sort of cameras to put up there now that we actually have extra money to spend. Plus, it seems a lot safer than going up there myself and finding out. (Heaven forbid there ACTUALLY are dinosaurs or meth addicts up there haha)
I try not to come off as "well I'm right and it can only be a ghost!" and I'm sure that just reading text doesn't help convey what I'm thinking. I do appreciate that people were suggesting things I had not thought of and even asking questions trying to disprove what it could/couldn't be. It really does help to rethink and consider other options.
While there is a bit of craziness here, I can appreciate it and get a couple laughs in, as well as some useful input.:]
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
suneyedgirl,
I can understand the reluctance you may have to actually being up there, but the only other way to keep tabs on the activity would be to pick up a couple of outdoor security cams that feed the image directly to your computer.
Here's the deal. When someone writes in about their experience, and it has no real explanation as to what the cause could be for that certain type of activity, those of us on the receiving end sometimes go into overdrive trying to solve the puzzle. We love it, and that is what drives us to find a rational conclusion. We aren't doubting what you have told us. We are just looking for answers.
We may seem a little nuts to someone not used to our ways, and you pretty much have to be if you stick around here long enough. But we mean well.

Jav
suneyedgirl (2 stories) (16 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
Oh my god, I can't believe I missed all of this. I must've been too busy sitting up on my roof for the last week to notice. (My sad attempt at a joke)
For clarification, I live near Death Valley. We do not have raccoons or bears or almost any animals. We have coyotes, lizards, jackrabbits, snakes, and hawks.
As for bringing up Mothman, let me clarify that it was simply a thought. My boyfriend and his friend do not know what it is, nor do they claim that it actually IS Mothman, but whatever they saw fit a close description, so it was a thought. I was a bit surprised that people who believe in other such paranormal phenomena would get so defensive and ready to tell me how wrong I was in even bringing up Mothman, when I had never once said that I myself believe in. Although, I have to admit, I got a laugh or two at the dinosaurs being up on my roof theory, especially imagining T-Rexes playing hopscotch like little school girls.
As far as getting on the roof goes, we can see almost the entire roof from the ground. It's flat and low, and if we stand on a piece of patio furniture, we can actually see the whole thing (as I mentioned in my other post to Jav, sorry to repeat myself).
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-08)
[at] TID,
I'm thinking we can just put all the rest aside (jokes, laughter, etc).
FINALLY! Cripes! I felt like I was the only one reacting to this experience with any common sense. No matter how many times I brought it up, it was just passed over as if I never said a thing. If the O/P and her boyfriend would just monitor the roof they would have a much better chance at finding the source of the stomping.
I do hope the O/P returns to read this.

Jav

~~Love the Meth Lab joke!😆 😆~~
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-08)
Thanks Nysa, DeviousAngel and Stephy for supporting my posts and giving me a good laugh in the process. It's important to have a sense of humor and nice to see that you have one.

Jav - At the risk of being minused, I'll address you. I wasn't walking it back or admitting that I made a mistake; although I will admit that I could have been a little clearer with my previous post (s). With regard to the Meth Lab, I thought you were referring to the dog (http://cdn.randomfunnypicture.com/wp2/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/types-of-labs.jpg). I know that dogs' eyes can 'glow' when light is shined at them. I thought that maybe a Meth Lab's eyes glowed red.:^b

All - I definitely wasn't being facetious when I spoke about dinosaurs. However, I could have been more clear. Yes, I meant it as a remote possibility. A non-paranormal alternative to a spirit or demon running around and stomping on the roof. My main point was that it was more likely a wild animal than something paranormal. I'd also like to clear up another statement that I made. When I said, "prehistoric creatures that survived the ice ages and meteor impact", I didn't mean that it was still those exact creatures still alive 65 million years later. Of course they're going to evolve just like everything else. However, like turtles, sharks, and many other creatures, they could look very similar today as to what they looked like millions of years ago. Still, yes, the chances are remote.

Lou - You're taking those statements out of context. Also, I my response was based on what the boyfriend claimed he saw. It sounded "out of the ordinary". Thus, I was thinking outside the box. My claim that prehistoric creatures could still be around today in some shape or form is not contradictory to my statement that it was likely a bird such as a condor or some other wild animal.

Nysa - Re: "I am skeptical about theories of human-sized & larger animals hiding through the millennia" Yes, I could have been more clear. That's not what I meant. I wasn't saying that 65 million year old velociraptors were hiding in forests around the world. However, as previously indicated, some species have changed little over the eons. So, it's possible that similar looking creatures are out there somewhere; only smarter and better adapted to current climate and other environmental conditions.

In closing, I would like to hear from the boyfriend. Can he be more descriptive? Can he set up some way to monitor what's happening on the roof? Why is it so rare that people use common sense these days? If something's happening in a hard to reach place, set something up there to capture it (literally or figuratively). You can get a super cheap video camera and mount it somehow. Perhaps even jerry-rig some water resistant housing. Heck, you could even use a wifi web cam. Use this advice to find out what's making the noise!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Nysa: I think you hit the nail on the head on all accounts! And I thought it was my brothers stealing the pies...hmmm...my youngest brother is 6'5", maybe he IS Bigfoot!?

Stephy: Hahaha, if I were an octopus I would not have enough hands to high-five you with 😉 That is a creepy thought though, is it not?
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Hahahaha Nysa, I didn't think he meant T-Rex's were playing on the roof! How funny! 😆 I just think it was nice to theorize that there may be creatures running around that people haven't discovered yet. That was the main food for thought I got out of it. I do think there are creatures large and small that exist that we don't know about. Scientists are discovering new species all the time. I don't think dinosaur, but you never know! Personally, I don't think it was prehistoric or anything. WHen I hear about thumps in the roof, I think raccoon. Those cute critters are loud.

My main point (if I have one) is that its nice to discuss different outlooks. I mean, how boring would this site be if for every story it went like this:
"Ghost?"
::nod:: "ghost"
"Cleanse your house" 😜
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Well everybody knows Bigfoot steals pies right? That's not just me? 😆 I was just surprised by the tone of the responses. TID didn't say that clearly there were dinos on the roof, he actually used the phrase "just a thought" but the response sounded more to me like people thought he said "obviously a herd of T-Rexs were playing hopscotch on your roof." That is why I said maybe we were misreading. Thinking perhaps I was reading more into the tone than was intended or maybe others were misunderstanding the point of the discussion. Of course maybe I am also missing some lingering feelings or opinions from comments posted elsewhere in the past.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
And yes, you all had it right the first time. I WAS joking about the meth lab. You actually had it right. Meth lab/Moth man=joke. Maybe not a good one, but I'm old and have an old persons sense of humor I suppose.
What advice do we use every day on this site?
"Trust your gut"
Your first impressions were right, but you went against your gut feeling anyway.
I wonder why? NOT!

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Calm down ladies. I cannot believe I have to constantly reiterate the fact that just by getting up on either their's or a neighbors roof and observing what goes on up there, instead of waiting in fear each night inside the house, would give them a much better chance of finding the source of the stomping.

AND..."escapes" an explosion is not the same as being caught up in one. Are you thinking there is no chance that a meth freak would have bloodshot eyes? Oh well, you're probably right about that one, My bad.
But I should point out that the desert areas of Southern California have been notorious for being dotted with home meth labs. But since that idea has been tossed, and there is no way I'm tossing the suggestion of roof sitting, the only thing you ladies are worried over is the dinosaur suggestion?
Tell you what, you go with the dinos. I'll be up on the roof watching you round those suckers up for the test.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Nysa,
No mocking of unknown or unexplored zoological theories here... Just trying to figure out why random information is thrown about if it is not going to be supported.
That's like saying Aunt Betty's apple pie got stolen off the kitchen windowsill by Bigfoot. I have absolutely no discernible proof to support this; but since the creature COULD exist... You now have to consider it.

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
I think common sense eliminated the need for discussion on the meth lab theory in this case, but just for the sake of being logical and citing my sources, here is some information on chemical burns in the eyes. It also points out that methamphetamines are included in the list of chemicals that cause the symptoms described. I did not see eye-glowing anywhere on the list.

Http://www.drugs.com/cg/chemical-eye-burns.html
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
I seriously thought that was a joke too. I mean, a guy with red eyes having survived a meth lab explosion? Are his eyes still on fire? Because I really do not think he would be calmly peering in someone's windows with his eyeballs on fire. I do not know why else his eyes would be glowy red. As far as I have known, meth does not make your eyes glow with supernatural light unless they are on fire. I am sure that there are a lot of home-made meth labs across California, but I seriously doubt that there are several of them blowing up on a weekly basis in the same city, from which one person consistently survives and then meanders off to the O/P's boyfriend's house to thud around on the roof and peek in the windows. I think that would be the cause for some concern and would more likely make national news rather than local.

Man, I do not know why I expected anything to different when I came back... Good to know that there are some things we can rely on in this world though. Haters gon' hate. 😉
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Maybe because nobody was interested in discussing it? You gave a suggestion & either the poster will try it or not, but apparently nobody felt it required more discussion. I have never heard of the eyes of meth lab victims glowing, but as I have never been on site when one blew up I can't say if your suggestion was logical or not. But I did not find it an interesting paranormal theory to discuss.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Jav - just curious, what suggestion? I must have missed it. Are you referring to the meth lab reference? I thought you were joking. 😜
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
My goodness! I am so not surprised at this reaction (yawn). But I'll tell you what really does surprize me. The fact that not a single person has bothered to give my suggestion any thought at all has me wondering why that is.
Funny how logic goes out the window in the rush to back a theory from left field. Now, the only question I have is this:

If you were to investigate this claim, as a paranormal investigator, what would you tackle first? Staking out the area the client has reported to have experienced problems?
OR
Well, you know the rest.

Jav 😕

~I don't actually expect to hear any straight answers to the question, so I'll say my farewells to this thread now, I won't be returning.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Maybe we are misreading some things here. I was a little surprised that someone went to unknown creature from the depths of time too. But having read Truthindarkness' further responses & re-reading the original one, it does make sense to add the comment. It was "just a thought," an outside chance that could explain why the friend thought he saw a giant human-like entity on the roof. Personally I am skeptical about theories of human-sized & larger animals hiding through the millennia & only being sighted on rare occasions. Especially when those sightings are only miles from civilization, but there is still a lot to learn about this planet we live on, so it is within the realm of possibility. Though I often wonder, why assume they are survivals from prehistoric times? Couldn't they just as easily be newer, bigger versions of a species?

I am surprised that people who seem quite willing to believe in a great many paranormal things, are openly mocking of unusual zoological theories. I mean, I would understand posting arguments why you never really believed those theories were plausible, or to argue that it is too big a leap in this case, but the reaction that it is only worthy of laughter & derision is unexpected here. Especially as it was posted in a serious manner by someone known to not be a troll.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Honestly, I don't think what TID wrote was difficult to follow, or wrong for him to post. He stated "it is possible" meaning he didn't necessarily believe it, but he was throwing out a suggestion. He then later said what he believed it might have been (the bird).

Him stating his beliefs on prehistoric creatures that could possibly still exist was not necessarily in relation to what was going on in the story, just a theory. I understood this, and I think its fun to see other possibilities for strange occurances. Even if we don't think that is what it was, its fun to think outside the box.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
TID,

Here's the thing:

"I believe that small populations of prehistoric creatures could still thrive in rural, expecially wooded or desert, areas. It is possible that what your boyfriend saw was a sort of modern pterosaur."

Vs.

"The sounds of walking and stomping on the roof were likely coming from a wild animal. One that was usually able to hide from site when people came out to investigate. The tapping on the window was likely a bird. Some birds can tap pretty hard with their beak. The bird probably flew away by time the boyfriend got the blinds open."

WHY do you say things like the first statement, instegate confusion, disbelief, and incite agitation, debate and sometimes argument, if you yourself intend to later contradict the statement you yourself made? Maybe I would not take exception to your tone, if it was used in support of an argument credible enough for at least you to believe.

Beep, beep, beep, beep...

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
TID - Ignoring the trolling going on against you for your opinion, I think you actually have brought up a rather nice point here and have presented it maturely and logically. Humans are discovering new species every day. Who knows what the heck might have been on that roof? It could have been anything. Anyone can spend five minutes on YouTube watching video and picture footage of some insanely weird looking creatures that are just now being discovered in remote villages and washed up on shores after storms.

Suneyedgirl, I may have asked you this before but what area do you live in again? I live in southern California too, so I am just curious. Not a stalker or anything. 😉 I have heard some pretty creepy noises while camping out in the desert, so I too am wondering what it might be and would like to investigate if there is some kind of new critter lurking nearby.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
That's alright TID. You're allowed to walk it back. No problem here, that I can see anyway. We're all entitled to admit when we've made a mistake. Good for you, sir! My hat's off to you.
Have a great day!

Jav 😉
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
quixoticqt - Actually, I thought the mammoth sitings were in Siberia. There have been sitings in AK too?

All - My main point was that it's more likely that what the boyfriend saw was not paranormal. It was likely a large bird. Or perhaps some other animal with the ability to climb and stand in its hind legs. That said, I still stand by what I said about some prehistoric creatures likely still alive and well today in small numbers and rural areas. I use the term 'dinosaur' loosely. Not all creatures from 65 million years ago were dinsosaurs; even some that had "reptilian" features.

Lou - Yes, I read magazines. I watch shows like Nature and Nova on PBS. I read articles on the internet. I have the "Walking With" boxed set that includes pre-dinosaur life all of the way up to early Homo Sapiens. Yes, my hunch that some prehistoric creatures are still alive today stems from all of this stuff and more. Not just one magazine article.

Here's my bottom line. The sounds of walking and stomping on the roof were likely coming from a wild animal. One that was usually able to hide from site when people came out to investigate. The tapping on the window was likely a bird. Some birds can tap pretty hard with their beak. The bird probably flew away by time the boyfriend got the blinds open.

As for the other stuff happening within the house, that could have been paranormal. I'd need more details.

FWIW, I don't believe in the mothman. People who claim to have seen it probably saw a large owl or something similar.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
TID,
Thank you for your invaluable insight into everything that is you.

Tune in next week folks, when TID reads another magazine article he would like to share as his own idea.

This site is an open forum, and admittedly, ANYTHING can be discussed but how do noises on a roof lead to dinosaurs?...regardless of the Mothman discussion.

If you want to talk about dinosaurs, then just find a place people are talking about dinosaurs... Unless of course, you have proof of ghosts of dinosaurs?

I'm well aware of the hidden species of animals and birds on this planet; and there connection/ relationship to dinosaurs and there significance today. I saw a snapping turtle last week... Not much has changed for that critter lately, species-wise that is... The one I saw was delicious.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Although I do appreciate a good joke, and goodness knows, laughter is supposed to be the best medicine, there are times when you have to wonder how far a person will go to either solve the puzzle or just throw something out on the table in an attempt to start a discussion. This is beginning to move into the absurd now. Nice attempt though.
Don't misunderstand my disbelief in the scenario put forth. Know that I am aware of the discoveries made of creatures that were once believed to have gone extinct. My problem with the theory is that it was brought up at all. Until someone actually stakes out that roof and shows they have made an honest attempt at finding the source of the stomping, bringing up mythical creatures and leftover escapees from the ice age is just overkill.

Jav

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: