You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Last Time

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Time

 

I am the daughter of a pastor and lived in the parsonage right next to the church where all of these events took place for four years, between the ages of 8-12. This story is from when I was either 9 or 10.

I would often go over to the church for various reasons, this story relates the last time I ever went over there alone. The church was a pretty standard country church, the top floor was the sanctuary, and the basement was the classrooms. The front doors where the kind that close behind you unless you prop them open, as was the door leading down the narrow stairway. It was on these stairs that I had one of the creepiest things happen to me by far.

I was headed down the steps; I was on the next to the last step, when it felt like something grabbed my wrist and started to pull me (I could physically see finger marks on it). I was yanked off the steps with such force that I was off the ground, I got this vague felling that it was pulling me towards the storage room that was in the basement (I sometimes get feelings like this when dealing with these things, but I am by no means 'in tone with the spirits') and I screamed out: LET ME GO! When suddenly, something grabbed me from behind and yanked me back up the stairs and outside. When I realized I was standing in front of the door outside. I ran like hell from there.

At the time, I had no idea what was going on, it was not until much later that I started to put it all together, and not until this past year that I really talked about it, so if the story seems flimsy in spots, it's because my memory of somethings has faded. I have many more stories from my time living there, but for now: what do you all think about what happened to me?

Other hauntings by mb89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mb89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
hey guys:
Thanks for commenting, as I said I did know what it was, because if you read my other stories that I am going to post, it was pretty easy for me to figure out.
This happened over 10yrs ago, and we no longer live there. ~thank you all for reading~ ❤
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
I'm on the same wave length as most here, something negative was trying to pull you away, and a protective spirit be it a guardian angel or just a friendly relative that has passed etc pulled you back to safety, thank you for sharing this story
ngute80 (220 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
I think everyones advise and theories so far are great. I don't really have much more to add other than I liked your story.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
What Angel1996 wrote is what I would have suggested.
Interesting story. I read other stories where people would be pulled out of danger in some angels magazine I used to read a while ago.
I'm glad your safe now.

Qt
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
I think churches get a lot of spiritual activity because of the amount of spiritual energy conducted there. I was recently watching Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. Though I think that show is goofy, there was an interesting study on people praying. Studies showed that in areas where people pray heavily, such as churches and mosques, energy readings increase. Though I can't verify their study, I do think its an interesting concept. It really puts into perspective the power of the human mind, willpower, and prayer.

I think that sprits would be able to pick up on these energies, and would naturally be attracted to such a place. That is at least my most current hypothesis on why Churches have so many ghost sitings/visits.
Angel1996 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Sounds like a demon has grabbed you for some reason and your guardian angel has pulled you back. Everyone has a guardian angel that isn't visible unless you are different like me. Your guardian angel will assist your conscience and help you out in paranormal situations. Your guardian angel never leaves your side. You should try praying to your guardian angel in your head. I kept doing this and he showed me his name and eventualy appeared in dreams and twice in reality. Your guardian angel is a spiritual force that cannot be defeated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: