You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Grabbed The End Of My Blankets

Real Ghost Stories

Something Grabbed The End Of My Blankets

 

I was lying in bed one cold night in winter, I'm pretty sure, I was sleeping when I woke up because it felt like something grabbed the end of my blankets and folded them over so my lower back/body was visible, I remember that I couldn't move, I think I might of been sleep paralysis or just really scared, but I really did feel like I couldn't move with the whole pressure on the chest. (I don't remember the details as I was only young-about 7-8). I then felt a cold, tingling, ticklish feeling along my spine like a feather being run down the lower part of my spine (about half way down my back); it went for about 5-6 seconds. My lower back and legs felt cold. My eyes were wide open and I remember I was facing my wall, when the blankets felt like they went back down I didn't look because I was really, really scared I'd see a ghost or something.

I don't know of any spooky history of the house but there might as it's not a new, new house and I haven't seen anything else.

The next morning I woke up and told my Mum and Brother and they both said they didn't go in my room that night, now that I think of it my floor boards make a squeaky sound when you stand, walk or even tiptoe on them so I'm sure it wasn't a live person, It hasn't happened again since then. If you have any ideas what this could have been please comment I would really appreciate it!

I also sometimes here voices in my room when I wake up from dreams sometimes. (Any ideas what this is?)

P.S I'm actually 14 but I put the wrong date down when I signed up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LoveBirdii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
LoveBirdii,
Since it was so long ago and had only occurred the one time, I would be inclined to go with your first suggestion, that of it being Sleep Paralysis. It does seem to have much of the same symptoms as SP, so that's my guess anyway.
Welcome to YGS by the way!
Ands thank you for sharing. 😊

Jav
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Being so young it is hard to really know from your account what this was besides a sleep paralysis, This may sound silly but were there any pets around that could have contributed to this event?

Have you had any other events in the house to make you think it was paranormal?
Foxglove (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Hi lovebirdi,
Sleep paralysis is totally strange. I had a similar experience with the blankets feeling like they were being tugged at, though in reality I believe it was just a physical sensation which was a consequence of regaining movement, or something. I've also had auditory hallucinations on the verge of sleep, which I think is pretty common. Just your sleeping nervous system and/or other
Senses catching up to your awake brain. Weird, but my inclination would be to say it's
Probs not supernatural unless there are more complex circumstances, coherent messages coming through, etc.:)
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
It's really hard to say what this could have been, and the fact that you were so young when it happened makes it a little tricky (not to disprove you, but when my sister recollects some things from her younger years, she sometimes gets facts mixed up). In your case, however, something like this I'd understand to be very vivid in the mind seeing as how scary it was for you. Perhaps you have some sensitivity to spirits; hearing voices and things. Spirits can often come to us when we're vulnerable or are not as bogged down mentally with daily tasks or events. Were you lying on your stomach when this happened? It could have been a spirit attempting to make some sort of physical contact, although I've personally never heard of one moving blankets. If you didn't turn around and look, is it possible that the coldness made it seem like the blankets were pulled off your legs? Has anything happened since this event? It's interesting, to say the least, and I'm sorry it happened to you.
As far as the voices go, are they full sentences or are they single words? Sometimes you might hear hypnogogic hallucinations which are auditory and occur when you're halfway between awake and sleep - not so much the case when you're wide awake, however.
I'd love to hear any updates and I hope that nothing else like this happens again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: