You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunting in Mexico

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting in Mexico

 

My stories begin from the time I was five or six, I believe. My very first encounter with the paranormal began when my mom, dad, brother and me were visiting some family in mexico and we were staying in this house we used to own down there. Now a little background on the town before I begin. Supposedly the entire town was a battle field type of location. Running through the town was a path that all the soldiers used to get to a certain location. Some people hear the sounds of what seems to be horses and men yelling giving orders and what not. My grandmother lives right next door to a house which she says contains all of that paranormal activity including hearing military men on horses and seeing them as well.

Back in that time there was a lot of deaths because of the battles that were carried out. Any person that was killed was buried right there and then wherever they were killed. So it is said that the entire town is like a cemetery because none of the bodies have ever been removed from the ground. Also at that time, there were many people who would burry any type of money or fortune that they may have had, for fear of it being confiscated. So many of the houses in the town have money underneath them.

In the house that we lived, there used to live a lady and her little son. Now we were told from the very beginning by the person who sold them the house that there was money buried there. Whether the money belonged to the lady we weren't really sure. But I know for a fact that this lady that lived there was the spirit I came in contact with as a child. I found all of this history out when I was sixteen so I had no knowledge of anything that may have gone on when I was young.

I remember we had just gotten to the house. It had been a while since we had visited and it had been the second day that we were in mexico. My parents were cleaning up the rooms we were going to be staying in and they decided that we would all stay in their room for the night. The next morning, it must have been about 7 am. I woke up to the sounds of footsteps in the room. Now I was awake but I kept my eyes closed, thinking it was my mom. The weird thing about all of this was that the footsteps seemed to be walking around the bed constantly. I finally sat up and I could still hear those footsteps but there was no body. I knew that the footsteps were circling the bed and I would follow them like I knew someone was there, I knew their exact location. Every now and then the footsteps would stop right on the side of the bed where I was, as if whatever it was was observing me. Then they would continue. I was younger at that time and for some reason I wasn't scared. I didn't feel like it was threatening in any way. But I did tell my dad the next morning. He thought it was someone on the roof trying to get in. I told him I was sure that it was coming from inside the room. I told him that I was following the footsteps but he just brushed it off.

Also when I was sixteen, it must have been three years before our last visit and my aunt was living in that house. She said that when they walked in, on the wall in the dining room, there were in big letters the name "LETI". Those letters seemed to have been carved into the wall somehow. She didn't think much of it until she started painting the room. She was painting over it when she said her paint brush flew out of her hand and hit the wall behind her.

It was then that this started to interest me, I asked one of my other aunts if she knew anything about the house and she told me about the lady and her son. And how they have been seen at my house.

I know this is long and I apologize but I felt that this was the beginning of all of the things I have experienced throughout my life.

If you believe me or not, that's really up to you but I ask that you have respect as I will do the same for you.

Any thoughts on this story are welcome.

Other hauntings by jeya

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jeya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

amjm (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
when there are spirits that are not at rest they come back to leave a message the best thing you could do is use agua bendita, and say a prayer around the house. So they can leave in peace
itai (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-22)
I feel you!

Where my grandparents live, it also used to be a battle field because my grandpa was a solider and a hero to his town. There would be killing and the people that died, stayed in the same spot because people never went to pick them up and at night you would see lights or a black cloud moving by. No one goes out at night. 😭
Devi (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
I know it's been 2 years since you post this, but I really believe your story,'cause here in mexico are a lot of ghosts and haunted houses
elnano (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi jeya

This stuff that you said here is definitely real, I believe that the only way for you to let those people rest and stop the haunting are for you to have diged, escarbar para sacar el tesoro que es el que por la razon que estan ayi. I have a very similar story in Michoacan Mex.
SeeminglyInsane (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
Hmm. I'm not sure what they would stand for. If you're to do a little investigating though, maybe you could find out a lot more than you expected.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-24)
cutiepie45 what is the name of the town in mexico you visit? I think though that its similar in a lot of towns. There were many battles fought out in mexico for one reason or another.
the house where my fathers grandmother lived had a lot of money burried... (she had plenty of it) she left the house and all her property to my grandfather right before she died but later on he died as well and the house was bought by another family who heard about the money. They of course dug it up and have never been in need of anything...
cutiepie45 (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
That is the same as the town in Mexico I visit, it was a battlefield and people got killed and were buried there. There is also people who have done construction and dug up dirt and they have found gold, real gold, coins deep in the ground.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
seeminglyinsane,
not that I know of... As far as I know its just a female name... But now that you bring it up... It could stand for something... Wow I never thought of that. But if it does stand for something then what would it stand for...?
SeeminglyInsane (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Do you know any connections with "LETI"? Is it a name? Or do the letters stand for something?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: