You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demon Or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Or Ghost?

 

I decided to submit this right away. Less than six hours ago, I was sitting up on my bed with my laptop watching a movie, Everything was going fine until around 11:50pm, did I hear something. Inside my wardrobe I have a kind of pull-out make-up table which I can sit at and do my make-up, I had left my make-up table out and I saw one of my bottles of perfume being knocked over.

I kind of disregarded it, as stuff on that table falls over all the time, but now that I come to think of it, this was no coincidence. About twenty minutes later I was under the blankets listening to my iPod, willing myself to sleep (Around 12:10-ish in the morning?) I was pretty darn sure that my bed was trembling. It felt so real. I didn't open my eyes or move, as this absolutely terrified me. This only happened for about 30 seconds or so. I was so scared. I was scared that maybe it was a Ghost or something was trying to talk to me. Around five minutes later, over the music of my iPod I heard a really faint whisper, so quiet that it almost could not have been there; "Katia...Katia...Katiaaaa"

That did me - I was pretty much hysterical after that, though I did not move, I was sure I was going to have trouble sleeping though. My heart was thundering like a hammer against my chest.

Around another five minutes after my trying to ignore whatever it was, I felt a really cold GROWL DIRECTLY INTO MY EAR. I shuddered and hit my head under the blankets. I felt so cold for some reason, and it wasn't from being scared. I put my hand out of the duvets and felt the tempreture, and the room had defiantly gotten colder and it wasn't in my head, and it wasn't my iPod playing tricks on me.

So what I did was turn the back light of my iPod on so it would light up the room (I heard Demons/ghosts hate light, but I can't be sure of this theory) and I turned up the volume on my iPod trying to ignore it. I think I eventually fell asleep but only for an hour or so as my alarm went off half an hour ago now.

What could this be? Is it a Demon or Ghost? Am I being followed? What do I do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AshGalleon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-29)
AshGalleon - I'm not sure what on earth made you come back a year later and leave such a derogatory remark, AFTER the comments on your story had died down, and AFTER you had already been apologized to and an explanation had been made that no one was making fun of your story.

But, as you can see, your comment has been deleted and any future ones you feel led to make like that one will also be deleted. So, my advice is this... Think really carefully about the language you use before leaving a comment.
nikkstone (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
thanks Ash for posting this I know that you must be very confused at the moment with this 'thing' that is following you wether it be a ghost or demon. But just like DeviousAngel said, not everything paranormal is a demon so be calm and think of this with logic and reason.

One part I was evry interested by was that 'ghost and demons hate light'. I've never heard of that before in this kind of situation, I'd think of that to be used like 'keep the creepy crawlies of the dark away' but I still want to know if that is true... I don't like the dark full stop (maybe because I read too much horror stories ghost stories and movies. 😭)

Faithfully
Nikk ❤
vogysgirl (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
What did you hit your head on? You said you hit your head under the blankets. Had you been to any readings lately?
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-20)
Hey Ash,

I'm just wondering if you live near any train tracks. Maybe that would at least explain the bed shaking. I live about 5 blocks from some and every night around 3 a.m. My bed shakes but I can only actually hear the train if my window is open.

I know you already explained about how you heard the growel despite your music being on but how did you hear a "Soft Whisper"?

It sounds like whatever is in your house is just messing with you but if you're really concerned about what is in your house Rook has a house clensing technique you could try.

Thanks for posting your story and let us know if anything else happens. Good Luck.

Best,
Fanny ❤
AshGalleon (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-20)
Thanks DeviousAngel:) I know I wasn't being uptight about it all, I just trying to say people are entitled to their opinions about this;) Nothing has happened since, it's been about a week since it happened. I'm glad though, I'm hoping it was just a one time thing:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-19)
AshGalleon, I hope you do not take our jesting amongst each other about the 'it's a demon! It's a demon!' outcry as us making fun of your story. That is not the case. Another member even got on that one guy's case for his poor taste in humor. There are people on this site that say EVERYTHING is a demon. Hopefully you understand that THAT is what people here are making fun of, not your story.

Anyway, thank you for explaining about the type of house you live in. I wondered that because the acoustics of two story houses are very different than one-story houses. I know, because I have lived in both. I have heard Taylor Swift's music, no sick beats and gritty screams to be found in her stuff so if you heard a growl, I doubt it came from your music. To be honest, I do not really know what it was, I am just not personally in a hurry to jump on the demon train. Possibly a negative spirit trying to scare you, but I would not classify it as so evil that it would be on par with a demon. It does not seem to have physically harmed or attacked you.

Try cleansing your home, bring some positive atmosphere in and see what happens. Hopefully it will not happen again.
AshGalleon (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-18)
Thanks everyone for commenting,

Haha, I'm glad some people like to make fun of my story - it's up to them for what they want to believe. I don't care what they say. But to answer a few common questions,
"How did you hear the growl through your headphones? It could have just been your music"

It was a defiantly a growl I heard, I was listening to a Taylor Swift song, and, If I remember clearly, Taylor doesn't do much growling in her music! Plus my music wasn't turned up all that loud.

What Kind of house do you live in?

It's a single story house, slightly small.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-18)
JimD-
Thank you! I appreciate all your sound abvise you offer. Have a wonderful day 😊
JimD (431 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-18)
Hi;

Ngute80; Yes, absolutely true. Growling is common. I've been groweled at more than once. Oh well. I hate when that happens. Just kidding. Some, even agongst the higher choirs - there are nine - growl like animals and even manifest similar to the sin in which they often specialize.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-09-17)
Bluefoxx01-
I thought comments on this site were suppose help people and offer advise. Not make lame jokes and make fun of others religious beliefs. Although, I think a lot of people on here are funny. Unfortunately your last comment wasn't. Maybe you should try to have a little more respect for others experiences, religion and so on, instead of trying to make friends with corny jokes.

This comment from bluefoxx01 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

ngute80 (220 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-09-17)
JimD-
Isn't growling also a sign of being demonic? Over the years that's what I've read. I use to be a Chaplain assnt in the U.S Army and that's what I was taught. I'm asking you though because you know a lot more about these things. Thank you
Nancy
JimD (431 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-09-17)
Hi; Well, I feel it was demonic. Night time whisperings, cold spots / rooms, and bed shaking are all classic symptoms. My advise is to get and use Catholic Holy water and the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me". You may just get a real, overt reaction. Email me if you'd like. Dukes2352atAOL.com. Good luck and God bless you.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-17)
Dammit! I knew I should have picked up some beers today! Maybe when my friend comes over this drinking game can start for real 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-17)
I agree with blueturtie here. She's given some very good advice that I urge you to follow.
Thank you for sharing!

Jav

Hey guys, I believe stephiw2001 got the worm...
OK steph, one foot before the other. No no, you can't drive.
Hey Indigo! Get that vehicle warmed up lady, we got a live one!
Thaaaaaat's good stephi!
Alright, here's our ride. Let me get that door for ya... There we go.
Don't forget to buckle up!
😆 😆 😆
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-17)
::hiccup:: AmI th'only one Playing/...?"::hiccup::::stumbles and tips table:: OOHohhhhhhh... THATs what tipping tablesis...::hiccup:: do I have to drink again?
Indigo (263 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-09-16)
If we took TWO shots every time we saw "it's a demon" we'd be wayyyyyyy too drunk to post advice, nor would we have any flammable spirits left to burn sea salt with... And to top all that off, the original squabblers would end up hugging in the back corners while the rest of us would start squabbling lol. I can see it all now! I'll be the designated driver for all yall bunch o drunks! Hehehe.
mentle (1 stories) (1 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-09-16)
i red this and it sounds liike me D: but for me I believed it was a demon:S well ima share my stories next week:/ hope everything is ok though!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
DA,

Thanks for the reminder... Note to self, Add Rum to the grocery list. Or maybe the fix'ins for Lynchburg Lemonade... That sounds better.

Respectfully,

Rook
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I like this drinking game idea! 😆

As to what this is, it seems like something just trying to play with you like has been suggested, one question though if you had your ear phones in how could you hear the growl right in your ear?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
Hahaha, thanks sarah! Have a great Friday/weekend yourself. I am thinking of grabbing a bottle of blue raspberry vodka on the way home... And it is SO on. Let the games begin!
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
D/A: Best idea I have heard all week. I shall start as soon as I'm off work. Happy Friday! 😆 What a drinking game! Honestly, within just about 10 minutes I'm sure I'd be knocked flat on my butt. HA!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+8
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
To We The People of YGS: I vote we start a drinking game for this site. For every time you see the word "charlatan", take one shot. For every time you see a comment touting "this is a demon!" Take two shots. For every time a pointless argument breaks out, take three. 😉

This game will be making alcoholics out of perfectly abnormal people.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
More than likely it's just an imp-ish like entity just messing about with you. Best- ignore it. And don't take any wooden nickels from some of the snake oil charlatans here on YGS.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I agree that this was most likely not a demon, but probably a spirit that was trying to get your attention or get a rise out of you. Ghosts tend to suck energy from a room and that's why you felt so cold; it's one of the things that signifies a presence. Never show fear in these cases and assert your dominance in your personal space. I've heard that simply saying 'stop' out loud or strongly in your head will cause a spirit to cease activity. It could never hurt to try this. Be strong and know that your house is your space, not theirs.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
It maybe a demon or something like that. And it is not true that ghosts hate light as I have experience! 😕
❤ Fesmina
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I think you are working yourself up quite a bit. The number one thing that I always try to encourage people to remember in these situations, even though it is very difficult at times, is to try not to show fear. I do not think this was a demon, or a particularly evil spirit. It might have just been messing with you to get a rise out of you. It has not done anything to physically harm you. Ghosts do not care about light or darkness, they will do what they want where and when they want to, it just seems that night time is easier for them to manifest. Out of curiosity, do you live in a two-story house, or is it a single-story?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: