You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Pfeifer Room 131

Real Ghost Stories

Pfeifer Room 131

 

My friends Damien and Steven used to stay in Pfeifer hall at Union College in room 131. The first week little things started happening. Damien is OCD and is very organized, even his clothes are organized from dress clothes, to clothes he wears, to clothes he doesn't wear, and they would be rearranged.

Week two: me, Damien and Steven were playng Halo and Damien's desk flies up and slams on the ground. Week three: stuff starts getting thrown around and Steven's matress and guitar was just tossed to the floor. That's when Damien admits to being a medium and starts thinking he is the problem.

They moved out of the room but the residential advisor wants proof of the hauning. So he puts bottles lined up across the closet and baby powder on the floor. The next day me and the residential advisor go to check it and the bottles were scattered and there was little swirls in the powder where no one could have got to without stepping on the powder, but we find out later on that some buildings at the college are built on Indian burial grounds, but don't know if that is what is making this entity so belligerent.

We put down more baby powder and set the bottles back up and we are going to see if we can get the same thing to happen, and if it does we will continue to try to investigate on our own and so, if we catch something then we might be able to keep people out of the room and away from what ever is in the room.

We think it's a demon and if it is, we will get the room to where no one will have to stay in that room as long as we can. So wish us luck we will need it for the next few experiments.

Other hauntings by chris_privett

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chris_privett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Chris, you gotta admit, its just not college without a college ghost. I loved all the stories I heard at all 3 of the colleges I went to. They certainly make the dorms more fun, and give everyone a good excuse to not do their studying.:-) Definitely post any videos you manage to capture anything on though!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Chris,
Welcome to YGS! Thank you for submitting your recent experience.
I do have a suggestion for your next attempt at capturing evidence. When you set up the bottles, add a small amount of sand to them for stability. Otherwise it can be debunked as being blown over by air from the vents in the room. Also, take a photo of the exact placement of the bottles after which they should not be touched again. If they are you must retake the photo.
Next, take at least three photos of the baby powder from different angles. You can do this by not powdering in front of the door until last.
Last, but certainly not least, you should have someone stand vigil outside the door of the room for the entire experiment. Either take turns and do shifts, or have a security camera focused on the door the entire night. To be honest, I would only accept it if you were physically guarding the door.
These are things you can do without having to purchase or rent any expensive video equipment.
I suggest you also inquire as to the chance there may be a paranormal studies branch of the universities psychology dept.

Good Hunting!

Jav 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
chris_privett - you know, I'm wondering if there is any chance there was a/c left on in the room that night? The swirls in the powder sound more like the powder had blown across the floor rather than something walking through it or across it. It could also explain the cans being knocked down. Either that or someone was playing a joke on y'all. Maybe a feather being swirled through the powder?

Regardless, I'd do as has been suggested by others. Set up a camcorder, see if you get anything. Let us know what you find out.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
This really just sounds like a little playful spirit being a little bit cheeky and trying to have some fun with you guys, it would be good if you guys had some pictures, videos and evps of the place to post up here.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
What you've got isn't a demon as it is a minor spirit of chaos attracted to Damon's OCD. They LOVE mucking about with folks like Damon.

Technically speaking the ENTIRE North American Continent could be considered 'an Indian Burial Ground'.

Which means that there are a whole lotta other places that should be haunted something fierce, but aren't.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-09-16)
I highly doubt this haunting is a demon, and I've been corrected on my own suspicions in one of my stories. If it's true that the buildings were built on burial grounds (Indian or not) there's the possibility that a spirit inhabits that area, if not solely that room. It doesn't sound harmful, but I'm sure college students would find it a bit distracting if things start randomly flying across the room while they're studying, so if you can get some more evidence (perhaps a video camera or a recorder set up to catch EVP?) then that problem may be avoided.
I wish you luck, but I'm sure this haunting is nothing to be terribly concerned about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: