You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunted Houses

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Houses

 

For 15 years of my life I used to live in a very old house. It was built around 1889, it's in the countryside and it's very quiet. For some time we hadn't experienced anything out of the ordinary until about 3 or 4 years ago when we were going out for tea.

When I wallked upstairs (our bannister has a rail, a gap, a blank of wood and then another gap) I looked through the gap and saw a pair of legs, smart pants and smart shoes, which is what my dad never wears so I thought it might've been my sisters boyfriend. I went into my mum and dad's bedroom and asked if any of them had been on the landing and they said no. I asked my sister's boyfriend and he said no.

I instantly felt a bit nervous and scared. I have always had a weird feeling about the house considering that it was built in 1889. I asked the woman if she felt anything strange in the house as she used to live there and now lives 3 doors away from it. Since that incident I have been scared to be there on my own.

I was about 9 years old when I was in bed and had my bedroom door open, suddenly I saw my favourite gingham dress float past my bedroom door. I was terrified.

We moved 18 months ago to a new house, a town over. I have experienced a few things, like things being moved and heard shuffling of feet on the carpet. Me and my sister left her iPhone on my desk on record and heard things banging and had items marked around them and found they had been moved when we came back.

What can I do? My mum and dad don't believe.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kelseyoakes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Use the iPhone to record the stuff going on or borrow a video camera to keep on hand to record the weird stuff.
kelseyoakes (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
The lady said she didn't feel anything strange when she was in that house, yes the iphone was on sound record. Also there was this one time when I got called down for my tea and I put my phone on my desk, as soon as I walked down stairs and into the living room I heard something hit my floor (my bedroom is above the living room) when I went up after I had had my tea and washed up I found my phone on the floor. There was another time when a spoon went flying off my desk onto the floor. I don't know if this could be a child ghost playing around or a friendly spirit wanting to make itself known x
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Sounds like you have some interesting activity going on. You mentioned that you asked the lady who used to live there if she felt anything strange but didn't say whether she did or not. Was the iphone on sound record or video record? Doesn't sound like it is too sinister so try not to be too overwhelmed. Keep us posted.
Wishing you well.
the1unknown216 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
well honey, I don't know what to say but it looks like you have some guests, but no matter what don't feak out and stay calm
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Since you don't believe in any religion. You can try two things. First one is what lynrinth said about firmly (but with respect) telling your ghosts to leave because although you respect that this was their house at one point, it is your house now and you like them to move on. If this doesn't work, try creating positive energy in the house by mediating and imagining a white light surrounding you, your family, and your house.

Hope to hear back from you.
kelseyoakes (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
I do not believe in religion so I will not be praying. If anything does happen at some point I'll be sure to let you all know x
lynrinth (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-18)
Tell your 'guests', firmly but nice, that as much it was interesting at the other house, but that was their house. This new one is yours. They need to leave. Either go into the light, or go back where they came from. Then watch, observe and just sit back and wait to see if anything happens. Or pray for them. Right now it's sounds like little things happening. Nothing really terrible happened at your old home. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: