You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Night At An Old Haunted Church

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Night At An Old Haunted Church

 

I'm not one to actually believe much in Ghosts and Spirits. But, this night still keeps me wondering...

One night last year, the month of October, some friends and I decided to go to an old church, Rembert Church, in Ashwood,SC. I have been to this church with some of the same friends at least three times. It is known to be "Haunted". That is what I have been told. The night that strange things started happening is when five of my friends and I went. Once the car entered the Church grounds, three of my friends said they could feel evil already. They were the type of people that strongly believed in ghosts and spirits. Since I didn't believe in that kind of stuff, I wasn't scared. So we all hopped out of the car, we all just looked around the graveyard looking at graves. After a while me and one of my friends, Lindsey got tired of doing that so we started walking around together.

As my friend, Lindsey and I were walking, I would notice that she kept looking at a particular spot, every time her eyes set on it, she went closer. And strangely, I was drawn also. It was a little tiny building, not far from the graveyard. It was dark so all I could see in there was a sink and toilet; it must have been an outside bathroom. But Lindsey and I for some odd reason were really drawn to wanting to get closer to this little building. I finally pulled her away as she was just about to go in it. Before we got to the others, we had to pass the church; she cried out that she saw something in one of the windows (huge glass windows) of the church. I covered that side of her face and told her not to look. I did look myself, I saw nothing. We hurried away quickly and went back with everyone else.

We walked around more with everyone, and then Lindsey and two of my other friends went to sit in the car. I was with my guy best friend admiring graves while the other girl was somewhere looking at graves also. Then out of nowhere, I hear someone yell my guy best friend's name, and for him to come quick. So he starts running to the car, so do I and my other friend that was looking at graves too. When we reach the car, I see Lindsey sitting there in the passenger side with the door open and her legs out rocking and focusing on something in the distance. Then my guy best friend goes and tries to talk to her and asks what's wrong. She wouldn't answer him. I noticed something wasn't quite right about the way her face looked and I just stood there watching them in shock.

Then she grabbed him and he was trying to get her off of him. She was strong. He couldn't get her off of him. That is when he knew that something was wrong along with everyone else. When she finally calmed down, he was in front of her asking her to say Jesus, she couldn't do it. She could get the Je out then it stopped. She didn't sound like herself. I was scared and didn't know what to do other than run and hug the girl that also was at the car too. I was crying and I could tell she was scared too. I don't know what happened when they went to the car but I still think; maybe if I was with her, something like this wouldn't have happened. I did earlier that night when we were walking around asked her if she was okay. She said, "Yes, as long as you are with me." To this day I think about that...

Finally things settled down after my guy best friend talked to Lindsey, by talking I mean he believed he could "help" keep evil away. We then decided to leave, it was for the best. Lindsey was staying the night with me over at my house that night, when we got to my house; we came straight to my room. I looked at her and she looked at me, I believe we both were just in shock about what happened. I looked down at her arm and saw the strangest thing that keeps me wondering. She had a big red bulged up spot on her left arm about four inches long and three inches wide. It was so weird. I touched it and it was HOT, while the rest of her skin was cold. I could tell that she was worried about it also. I called my guy best friend that helped her and told him about it. He told me to get her to say Jesus and to read the Bible together. She said Jesus fine. I got a Bible and I read a page and I asked her if she would read, she did. Everything was fine the rest of the night.

The red spot was gone the next day. But Lindsey and I have agreed to not ever go back to Rembert Church ever again. And I haven't been and she hasn't. But, I really still wonder to this day, if something really did happen that night... Had to, what was an explanation to that big red spot on her arm that was so hot...?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Caitiehall14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
🤔 I have a funny feeling that "Lindsay" wanted your attention because she felt safer with you and what better way than to say "scared"? As far as the wound on her arm by her holding her arm a certain way that can be self inflicted. It has been in my expierance to leave the dead alone! I refuse to step foot in any grave yard any where after dark! I watched some haunted shows and found a chant that works when I go into an old grave yard during daylight hours ONLY I always say this " I am not here to disrespect you or take anything from you I am only here to visit" I say this a few times and while I am saying this I feel calm and when I leave I don't feel followed and thankfully I have yet to be followed home. I suggest that if you ever decide to visit that place again say a prayer and or make up a chant that will help the dead understand that your not there to cause harm or disrespect and they are not to leave with you! Because it has not happened to me but my uncle has been followed home by a young child when he was the care taker for a small cemetary here in NC. Now he says a prayer and tells them not to follow him home because they can't go... Be careful
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Caitiehall14- it sounds like the power of suggestion at work to me. I can be watching a movie (exorcist) and start getting paranoid, creeped out like something evil is watching me and I know that nothing is there but our minds can play mean tricks on us.

Champion
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
wait what? A red whelp on arm isn't paranormal. And fresh scratches are always hot anyway because of the blood at the surface.

And why was everybody sensing evil and crying?

Basically all that happened is, you friend claimed to see something that you yourself said wasn't there. When that didn't work, the same friend (who sense "evil" at church earlier) all of a sudden becomes kind of semi-possessed? But just for a little while. Then she all of a sudden has a sore on her arm so you decide to read randomly out of the bible to her?

This story is all kinds of confusing.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
In my experience I have found that if you look hard enough for something you usually find it even if it isn't there. I think that is what happened here. You & your friends like to go to the haunted church, even if you think it's just because it's creepy. Your friends begin by sensing that there is something evil afoot. Even skeptics get drawn-in in these situations. Your friend may have made herself hysterical & may have genuinely believed these things were happening to her. Then the "remedies" work the way you expect them to work & everyone there knows they have had a genuine experience, except they don't realize it was a psychological event, not a paranormal one.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
A red spot on the arm that's hot? Sounds like a boil or an infection to me.
Along with friends who can 'sense' evil. Ya'll gotta love superhero stories.
Captain Jesus to the rescue!
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
This makes me think of the abandoned church in THE OUTSIDERS, one of my favorite books. If you did have any video/pictures, you should upload them. Especially if you have a picture of that red mark. The best explanation I can offer is that she burned herself on some hot element of the car while acting psychotic.
amy185 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
have you read my story its about in my school that is still in business is haunted.
In the girls toilets it says tensss.
LAKEY LANE PRIMARY SCHOOL ON SCHOOL RD IN HALL GREEN.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Hi, did you take any photos that night, or video footage, I always take photos when I go on an expedition like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: