You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Grey Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Grey Lady

 

I will start by telling you all that I've grown this huge fascination with anything paranormal, and it's really not a healthy thing to become so interested in but something happened when I was a young boy that I guess was the start of my beliefs.

It was a sunny day, and so I and my brothers had gone round to my dad's girlfriend's house to play with her sons. We were having a water fight with water guns and such, and as we were all having fun... I ran to the bottom of the garden/yard and at the bottom was a fence, not too tall as I could climb up and look over the top into the park. The park was once a quarry many, many years ago and there are stories of how people had fallen from the cliffs and died so it's a spooky park.

So, as I was looking over the fence with the joy and happiness on my face from all the fun I was having, out of no where... A woman in her 50's appeared to me in old, raggy clothes like the clothes you see in those medieval movies like Braveheart. She had dust all over her skin, making her skin tone look very grey. She looked really down and just walked straight past me and didn't seem to notice me as I sprayed her with my water pistol. I had no idea what a ghost was at the time so I wasn't too scared but as I got older and found out, I remembered back to that time and started to wonder if she was in fact a ghost.

All the other paranormal experiences I have encountered are only sounds but what do you guys think... Was she just some homeless woman or was she a lost, lonely spirit?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lewwwcifer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lewwwcifer (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Thanks for all the comments, I have other experiences that I will be writing up for all of you very soon:D
darkfantum (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
there are many grey ladies in britan all over and the are useuly just apperations
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Hahaha thanks Jav but it is true it definitely would be something I would have done then legged it somewhere and hid lmao!๐Ÿ˜† Mulletless Dan, check it! Thanks Jav! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜Š
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
[at] Champion,
You made my day with that comment! My girls would have run for their lives, after apologizing of course, if it were an accident. But to aim at an old lady with your squirt gun? Oh no, no no! In my family old ladies are pretty tough man. They wouldn't have gotten 50 feet before someone grabbed them up and shook the giggle right out of them.

[at] DARKNESS,
Hun, you would have been ripped bald headed for that if you were my kid! No more mullet for you Danny Boy! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† But I still love you mate!

Jav
(Bluey)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Haha sorry but I coud see myself doing this when I was a little kid lol cheeky! ๐Ÿ˜†
Did she acknowledge your presence at all? Maybe it was a real person who was a little dirty? ๐Ÿ˜•

MissyM your comment made laugh lol! ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Hmm if it's not a healthy thing to be so interested in we must be a bunch of sickos here. ๐Ÿ˜

Was she a ghost? Maybe, she kind of sounds like one, even a seriously depressed person would at least give you a dirty look for squirting her, right?
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
old lady or ghost you are lucky you missed or you would probably have had a different story to tell about how this old homeless woman climbed over the fence and chased you for two blocks and took your squirt gun away and beat you with it.LOL. It is possible that this lady was perhaps walking home after work and was dirty from work or maybe just homeless as you stated that the quarry had been turned into a park but the way you described how she was dressed suggests it could have been a spirit. Welcome to the site and look forward to future stories.

Champion
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
[at]stephyw2001

๐Ÿ˜† Exactly!
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
Very true Missy very true. And if I were a ghost, I'd be like "oh no you di-n't! You're so haunted".
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
If I was this old women and I wasn't a ghost I would have been like this...:

"Man, laundry day... Nothing to wear but my rags and today sucks... Ah man! Just got squirted by a little brat with a water gun... Can this day get any worst!?...What a crappy day" ๐Ÿ˜จ
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
It would be odd to see an older woman simply wandering around an old quarry dressed as you described her. It's possible that you witnessed a spiritual entity, I just can't believe you squirted her with your water gun! Talk about no fear! Even if it was a normal person! It's funny, but striking that she didn't acknowledge you or say anything when you aimed at her. Any woman around that age would have been severely annoyed just to have a water gun aimed at her. Really an interesting story.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Ah the gray lady, one of the cleches of the paranormal world. If you tallied up all the sightings of ghosts that have ever happened, I would put money on the fact that sightings of a lady in gray are the most common. Who is this woman? And why has she been appearing to countless individuals for centuries? Maybe she is like a silent banshee or something.
IrishGuy (30 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
You said the woman walked right past you as if she was unaware of you being there and even after you squirted her with your water pistol there was still nothing to indikate from her that she knew you were present. This sounds to me like a possible residual haunting. Maybe this woman was one of the unfortunate people who died at that quarry. Thanks for shareing.
lewwwcifer (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
I don't even think I hit her... Could have been off target. My memory of it isn't too great. Everything I mentioned in the story, is what I remember.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
ewwwcifer,
I honestly don't know how anyone can answer that question right off for you, having not been there with you to see what you had seen. However, if you could answer some questions about your experience, perhaps we can help you better. Others I'm sure will have more questions, but for now I've just got the one.

When you sprayed this woman with your sqirtgun, did the water land on her? Did it leave a wet mark where you aimed in her direction?

Thank you and welcome to YGS!

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: