You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Jesus Or A Demon? What Was It?

Real Ghost Stories

Jesus Or A Demon? What Was It?

 

When I was young my parents and I used to go on vacantion religiously every summer. I'm not sure exactly how old I was when this incident occured... Possibly around 6-7ish. My mom, dad, and I were on vacation at the beach. If I remember correctly Fort Myers Beach. We were staying in a pretty nice hotel room with two double beds. My parents slept in the one closest to the restroom and I slept in the bed closest to the entrance to the room.

As you know there are usually night-stands with a drawer (usually with a bible in them) in between or beside hotel beds with lamps above them.

One night while on our vacation I awoke suddenly...I'm not sure what woke me but I looked toward the night-stand by my bed. As I looked into the dark space between my bed and this night-stand I saw a face/head up against the wall, right by my face but slightly above it. It had a dark shadowy look to it. I could make out the features of what looked to be the standard "look" of Jesus. This thing was smiling and as it smiled it let out this horrible laugh. A very evil sounding laugh. More like a demonic cackle. I immediately panicked. Terrified but still managing to gain enough courage to move, I jumped out of bed and ran over to my parents who were sound asleep. I woke my dad and he ended up having to sleep with me the rest of the night. I have over the years thought about this occurance often, and deep down I KNOW I wasn't asleep. I never reacted that way to dreams or nightmares.

I have no idea what it was that showed itself to me that night at such a young age and I would love any advice or insight you can offer. Thanks so much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BeautifullyScarred, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Saphira (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
It wasn't Jesus for sure. It was some evil entity or spirit...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Though I am a bit confused about the "often seen around the fire..." part, bluefoxx brings an interesting point to the table. It is often assumed that a strange entity is a ghost or demon and we give little thought to the beings that inhabit hundreds of years of folklore. Probably because belief in such things is out of fashion and we tend to think of elves and fairies as the pretty little cartoon versions we are used to seeing. But is there any logical reason for discounting them? Like evidence for ghosts, the vast majority is anecdotal, and there is a lot of it.

Of course it is entirely possible that all unknown entities, those we call ghosts, angels, demons, elves, aliens, etc. Are all the same "thing" but in different forms according to what they wish to accomplish. I personally hold this to be a strongly viable theory. Which would make the question of was it Jesus or a demon, or an elf, almost moot. Though naturally we want to continue to ask the questions in order to explore the possibilities, this particular account would support the idea that our divisions are artificial.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
I think it was a dark elf, very mischievous beings they are. They like to scare the living and prey on any unfortunate souls they encounter. They are often seen late at night gathered around a fire bragging to their peers about the fear they have struck into the humans on the earth plane. Its all a big game to them, although some of them have developed it into an art form. They are expert shape shifters taking on a multitude of forms.
Jitow (362 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
I see that I cannot see hardcoreginger's statement on here. Ignorant posts should be deleated and thanks to the moderators for doing it. Thanks for being fair.
risingstar (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
Interesting read.
Whenever I hear/read of people wondering whether a spirit is malevolent or banevolent, I always ask the person to think back to the incident and consider the "feelings" associated. Anything of God, will not leave you in fear...period. Its quite simply called Disserning (sp) of spirit.
Hope this helps.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
Wow -that must've been pretty scary! I don't think there is any reason to suspect the paranormal here, however. It could easily have been a dream that bled through from sleep into wakefulness, or an ACTUAL dream in which you dreamed you woke up before seeing the face. You say you KNOW you weren't asleep, but it is possible for your brain to be simultaneously in a state of sleep and a state of wakefulness, in which case you would feel exactly like you were awake, but could still experience dream imagery at the same time as seeing the real world. Don't be afraid of it! X
christbeliever (10 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
in the bible in the new testament it says satan will try to take the image of the angel of light (Jesus) so if could have been a demon trying to fool you and look like Jesus. Any questions feel free to email me at soulfoodshow23 [at] yahoo.com
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
wow hardcoregeneral... I can't believe you said all of that... That was so offensive.

To the author, comments like that are only made to cause trouble, don't listen to it. There are so many very knowlegable and helpful people on here who have given great advice and will continue to do so.
mojacko15 (19 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
definetly evil... Jesus won't scare you... This spirit just want to mess up you faith...that's all, but damn scary experience you got there.
islandflower66 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
Well I definitely have to agree that whatever you saw wasn't Jesus. Couldn't tell you what it was, but I tend to believe it was just a spirit that looked like Jesus or at that age was the best way you knew how to describe what you saw. Kids are highly sensitive to the spirit world. Since then have you had any experience like that again? I was just curious. If not, it was probably tied to the room you were in and you had the misfortune of witnessing it.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+8
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] hardcoregeneral
Dude, enough with the pompous remarks. It's one thing to call out people you think are mistaken, it's another to act like a complete jackass. And adding a smily face emoticon doesn't negate any of the rude things you said.

I'm not a christian either, but who the hell goes around telling people their god doesn't exist like that? It's totally unwarranted in a forum like this we're people are supposed to feel comfortable by sharing their stories. Why are you even here, if you're just going to run around telling everybody what they've experienced doesn't exist?
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Interesting story but I would add that you were quite young, in a new environment and sleeping alone. It could have been a nightmare. It was not Jesus. First of all, Jesus wouldn't give out an evil laugh, etc. And secondly; the pictures that we are used to seeing of Jesus probably don't really look too much like the real Jesus. The real Jesus was from the Middle East and would have had more of those features than the ones that we are used to seeing.

However, very well could have been something paranormal in the room. This is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
It seems that this could be a ghost of some kind. Humans can take the appearance of Jesus. I had a friend who we called Jesus because he resembled the common betrayal of him. So if a person looked like him in real life then I assume he would take on the same physical characteristics in death. And just because he looked like Jesus doesn't mean he lived his life like him. So I think you saw a ghost that was just trying to scare you. 😁

Demons don't really care about religion the way we make them out to. A demon would show themselves to you in forms that are almost close to what they look like. At least that is my experience. And I'm always on the good side of the demon so I don't know what they look like when they are mad. My husband does tho, lol.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] spockie... Well it's not at simple as "end of story". We don't really know exactly what it is. And it seems lately, especially with the popularity of shows like "paranormal state", EVERYTHING is a demon now. I tend to think things are often a little more complicated than that.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Look, that thing wasn't Jesus. Jesus is the personification of all that is holy and good and He doesn't go around scaring people, especially little children. It was a demon masquerading as Jesus... End of story.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
oh I know. I threw in the doppelganger bit because it's funny to think that jesus's double is walking around refusing to touch people, when the tales of jesus all refer to him healing people with touch.

The irony of all of that is not lost on me haha.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Hahaha I never said he was a doppleganger, I just will always remember that situation. I mean, who wouldn't? It was bizarre.:-p
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
[at] stephy, oh man, I spit out my coffee when I read that jesus's doppelganger is allergic to sweat. Crack me up. I love reading stories with random odd characters like that in them.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Nysa you bring up a good point (about people looking like Jesus and it just being mistaken identity).

This one time, at band camp (go ahead and joke), there was a Tuba instructor that came to help our Tuba section. The guy looked just like Jesus, seriously. I was the drum major, so being polite, I went to introduce myself and shake his hand. He told me he couldn't shake my hand because he was allergic to the sweat of other people (I wasn't sweaty, just in general). How creepy is that? Dude walking around looking like Jesus, can't touch anybody... I thought it was weird. And he was living! (I think at least) 😲
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
My uncle used to look like the modern interpretation of Jesus and let me tell you he was no saint. Something laughing at you as if its hysterical that your scared is terrifying and I don't think this thing had any good in it at all.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
It gives me the creeps just to think about it...
It can make sense that an evil entity would take the "form" of Jesus just to scare the h"%$ outta of someone, but it might very well be an evil entity which coincidentally looked a lot like Jesus. That combined with the evil laughing and appearing to a child was CRUEL.

God bless ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
A very freaky experience I bet! And I wouldn't put it passed something negative or a demonic to imitate the appearance of Jesus as he is portrayed to us anyway ie: from books, statues etc. It would be something they would thrive in doing, to confuse us and cause fear, especially to religious people that and also manifesting into a form that the particular person being affected would find the most frightning.

Thanks for sharing

Dan
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
Jesus Doppelganger! 😲

I kid, I kid. Sometimes we just need a little smile in our day. At least, I sure do.

On a serious note, what happened to you sounds terrifying and I am so sorry you had to endure that experience! The theories presented here are very logical. I can see it as a human spirit that just happened to look like Jesus, and it's also possible that an entity 'posed' as the public image of Jesus to be cruel, blasphemous, or to scare the turds out of you. Your fear could have just been its selfish way of gaining energy from you. After all, it only appeared as a head- so perhaps it was in desperate need of more energy to fully manifest (or do whatever else such things do).

Have you experienced anything else since then?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Nysa, I agree.

I believe it must have happened to you, you were able to move and that's a sure sign you WERE awake. The place must have had a permanant resident that was NOT cool. What a horrible experience for a child, heck, anyone! Thanks for sharing. ❤
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
Well since nobody knows what Jesus looked like, assuming he was a real person, I suppose there have been living people through the years who look like the modern picture of Jesus. It's not unthinkable that one of those people could be hanging around as a ghost & maybe enjoys scaring little kids. It's also not unreasonable to think that a purely malevolent being, whatever you believe those to be, could take on the appearance of what you believe Jesus would look like in order to freak you out. Though spooky laughing at a child is pretty low on the evil scale.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
I'm not a Christian, but I was raised as one. If we're going by Christian beliefs or mythology, I don't think I've ever heard of a demon taking on the form of Jesus. I would think would not be allowed, lol.

So either it was just too dark, and you thought it looked like Jesus, or you were just really young and and it was a dream/imagination.

Although the thought of and evil Jesus giving off an evil cackle is pretty awesome.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
That's messed up. I'm not a church going person (anymore) but I certainly don't think it would EVER be possible to confuse Jesus with something creepy demon-like. Not cool! Bad juju! That's all I have to say about that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: