You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Life Changing Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Life Changing Experience

 

I was never a believer in ghosts until, at age 12 I had an experience I could not explain. My dad was going to a man's house to pick up something. My dad had just met this guy the day before and I had never met him. They had arranged for my dad to go to his house in the early afternoon.

When we arrived, my dad knocked on the door several times and no one answered. Me being a kid, went to the window beside the front door and looked in. As I looked in the window, I saw a little old lady sitting in a rocking chair looking straight at me, so I knocked on the window harder thinking maybe she was hard of hearing. What stood out at me at the time was that she was wearing some kind of orange bandana or scarf on her head.

As I'm knocking to get her attention she stands up and walks to the left of the house which I assume is the bedroom area. Just then the guy my dad was there to see opens the door and appologizes and tells my dad he was out back watering his plants and because he was the only one there didn't hear the door. At this I jump in with "what about the little old lady"? The guy smiled at me and asked "what old lady?

I told him there was a little old lady sitting in the rocking chair wearing an orange scarf on her head and that she walked down the hall toward the bedrooms. This mans face went white and his eye's got huge. He told me that the rocking chair belonged to his mother and that she always wore an orange scarf and that she had passed several years earlier.

I was so shocked! I kept insisting that she was there and my dad finally told me to be quiet. I think he was embarassed of what was coming out of my mouth. I do believe that if I hadn't mentioned that one detail (the orange scarf) that both my dad and this guy would have thought I had a very vivid imagination.

This was the experience that forever changed me. From then on I have been very open about ghosts and the supernatural and have experienced many other unexplainable things which I will continue to share.

I am so glad to have found a place to write them. Until now I have kept most to myself for fear of being called strange.

Other hauntings by smurf5584

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smurf5584, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nikki_77 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Love this story, one of the few I actually believe, has that certain ring of truth!
smurf5584 (3 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Thanks everyone for all the feedback.
Javelina- I never did go back to that mans house and I don't believe my dad did either. I believe he was either giving my dad something he no longer needed, and my dad did of selling something. Not sure. At the time I did not know I had seen a ghost which is why I kept insisting that there was an old lady there at the house.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
smurf5584,
Welcome to YGS!
What a great experience to put you on the side of the believers in the paranormal. Simple and direct and no nonsense either. I loved it.
Did you ever go back to the mans house again after that first visit? I had to laugh at your father trying to hush you up, you really must have been going on and on about it. That's priceless
Thank you for sharing, and can't wait to read more from you.

Jav 😊
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Great story smurf 😁 That definitely is the kind of story, like others have said, that turns a skeptic into a believer.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
smurf5584- very good story, I love the honesty of kids and they knew you were telling the truth. I'm sure the son was creeped out for awhile but probably glad to know that his mother is watching out for him.

Champion
huendchen (49 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
It's stupid that there's a character minimum on this site. I just wanted to say "cool story" but apparently I have to type more. So anyway... Cool story.
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Welcome aboard Smurf5584! Loved your story, hope to hear more! 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Awesome account smurf5584: I wonder if the man ever witnessed his mum spirit at all? Seems as though he was very taken back from what you told him, it would make a believer out of the hardest skeptic. Look forward to reading more from you.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
smurf: Yep, I think an experience like yours would change many disbelievers into paranormal fanatics 😆...I don't remember a time when I didn't believe in ghosts, so it's hard for me to grasp that mindset LOL 😊...

Thank you for posting!...Hope to read many more from you... And don't worry, we're all Loonie around here! 😆
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
You have told a wonderful story, and you should never have to feel that you can't ever share anything on this site. There are many commentors who will tell you many similiar things have happened to them. We are a always and willing bunch who all love a good story to read, and to chill us to the bones a little in this coming Halloween season.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: