You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Who Follows Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Follows Me?

 

My mother and grandmother said I was a spooky child and from before I could speak it appeared I could see things or people others couldn't. I'd sit bolt up in bed as a toddler and appear to be trance like.

One day around 5 years old I saw a woman who came into my bedroom and explained she missed my dad and to tell him she loved him. It turned out I perfectly described my dad's grandmother who had died shortly before I was born. I'd never seen a photo of her despite having been too young to 'imagine' such things.

As I grew up I used to show friends how I could make the porcelain masks ribbons move by asking them to and I thought it was entertaining to even prove my room was haunted by telling the cd player to turn off and on again, which it did as I said most of the time.

This was before I hit around puberty and realised this was scary stuff and not just something I'd made up. Not everyone's rooms were cold like mine. I'd always thought my room was haunted.

It seemed that I realised it was 'me' rather than my room. I didn't feel quite as comfortable in other houses feeling like I had company. I didn't know if it was 'my ghost' or that house.

I've had all sorts of strange encounters from tin cans being put in the bottom of a bin to jumping out and landing standing up, to being woken by a ghost looking identical to my sister on Christmas morning. Apparantly my grandmother who died before I was born looks like my sister. I'm assuming it was her, but because I was scared and asked her to leave. I saw her cowering in the corner days later looking frightened of me this time.

I moved houses in 2003 and I felt this house was haunted. I bought a Caravan; it feels haunted. When we visit hotels they feel haunted. Is it me or the places I'm visiting? When I ask them to go away they do but I then feel bad for not allowing them through.

My sister had a full term still born in 2003 this year. I've felt haunted by a young child around 7. I think it may be her but I'm too scared to let her through to me.

Its not just a young spirit. I'd say I feel different ones around 2-3 times a year and they're pretty persistant, despite my asking them to leave. Perhaps it's because they know I'm interested but too scared and they hope I'll not be scared this time?

Typing this I'm aware that the outside light kept flashing? Even though its switched off at the mains.

Who are all these spirits? Are they my family? Is it the houses spirits? I used to feel unique. As an adult I just feel spooked.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shellycrescent1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-26)
shellycrescent1,
I agree with the previous posters. I do feel you should try what Rook has suggested though, it seems you are the medium and they are looking to you for help. I am glad that you have feelings for them too, it will make it much easier to convince them to move on if they know it's coming from someone who truly cares. And I can tell you do care.
Thank you sharing your experience with us and please do keep us posted on your progress and any new occurrences.

Jav ❤
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-26)
shellycrescent1-it sounds as though you are the one and not the places. Zzsgranny has a good point that you might want to talk to a medium because it sounds like you may be one yourself. I wish you strength and courage on your journey and may you find the truth and let it guide you!

Champion
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Granny has a point...

Try this... Instead of asking them to go away, send them to the 'light'. Tell them something along the lines of... I feel (see) you. I know your are here, this is but a stage on your journey. Please move on to the next stage, move towards the light, it is time to cross over. You have loved ones who are expecting you.

Nothing, as Granny pointed out, seems to be negative. I do have a Shielding technique you may use, yours for the asking.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
shellycrescent: I think the only one who can answer your question is you... Seems like you have a lot going on, so it's possible that spirits see you as a "beacon", and come to you because you can sense and/or see them...

So far, your experiences don't seem to be threatening, but that doesn't stop the basic instinct to be afraid or creeped out... Have you ever talked to a medium?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: