You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Where Did He Go

Real Ghost Stories

Where Did He Go

 

In 1993 my grandfather Edmund died, in 1995 I was born. So one day when I was about four years old I was sitting in my living room alone. In my living room there is a red chair that my grandfather used to sit in but at the time I had no clue about him.

So my mother walks in the room and was making her way to sit in the red chair. I quickly yelled at her saying grandpa sitting there you can't sit there. My mother was so freaked out she asked me what his name was and how I knew about him. And I told her because he's right there in the chair and that we talk all the time. My mother so was freaked out she went upstairs got a picture of him and said do you know this man and I answered "yes that's grandpa." Also one day at church I was looking at the ceiling telling my mother that grandpa was up there floating around. Of course she was so embarrassed and freaked out she told me to stop it.

Now I don't exactly remember all this but I do dream about him sitting in that red chair wearing all white especially when I had a bad day. But I do remember a man tucking me into bed and telling me all about baseball. I haven't seen a picture of him since that day my mom showed it to me when I was little. I saw a picture of him two years ago and I immediately knew it was him. My mom even tells me that me and him have a lot of similarities especially since I turned out to be a major tom boy who loves baseball.

Mostly I just wanted to know why I could see him while nobody else could and why can't I see him anymore?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xoxrae7xox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
What BeaiInside is true. Children tend to be more open minded when they are young because their hearts tend to be more pure. Just be glad that you were able to communicate with your grandfather. He probably has gone to a better place now and he will be back whenever you need him.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
That's actually a really sweet story. I'm hoping he moved on after having spent some time with you. From the sound of your story, he moved on to somewhere nice, don't worry. I'm just happy for the both of you that you got to spend time together. 😊
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Children tend to be more sensitive, and it's normal now that you've become a teenager it has changed. But it doesn't mean that he's not around, he can still be with you the only difference is that you've grown and the ability to see him has dissipated with the years. Don't worry, it's completely normal and I believe that he's still there to protect you.

God bless. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: