You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Girl And The Pitch Black Void

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl And The Pitch Black Void

 

When I was 10 or so my Granddad needed triple bypass surgery to help with problems with his heart. Once he had his surgery, he was needing a lot of recovery time, so he stayed with us for 8-9 months, so I graciously let my Grandad have my room to help him out.

This meant I had to share a room with 1 of my older brothers in a bunk bed, while my eldest brother slept on the couch downstairs. My brother I was sharing with, as usual, the bossy older brother, made me have the bottom bunk for that period of time.

So one night as I settled in, I drifted off to a deep sleep, then for no reason at some stupid hour in the morning, I just woke up, no bad dream, no noises to stir me, just woke up.

It was then when my eyes adjusted, I saw a white mist at the end of my bed, when I looked closely, it took the shape of a little girl wearing a sleeping night cap on top of her curly hair, and a old fashioned night gown, almost like a christening outfit.

The little girl looked to be about 3-4 years old kneeling at my bed as if she was saying her prayers before bed time. This little girl did not frighten me at all, but more fascinated me, so I sat up to look closely at her, when she looked at me like she was startled, I then reached out to her and she gasped and disappeared.

I know for sure I was definitely awake! But the next night she didn't come back, I wish she had, she had a very calming aura, but instead I had this scary experience, which to this day still scares me. I decided I was sick of the bottom bunk and whined to my mum to let me sleep on the top bunk, she caved in and much to my brother's dislike, I got to have the top bunk for the night.

As I settled in and went to sleep. I was off again in a deep sleep, again at some random hour of the morning I woke up, but this time no adorable little girl, instead the room was just a pitch black void, absolutely empty. I couldn't see anything, hear anything or feel anything around me. I felt underneath me for the bed, around me for the walls and there was nothing there, it felt as though I was floating.

Then the only thing that appeared to me was this shape, like a big rectangle window with 4 window panes, (in my brothers room next to the bunk beds is a rather large window) there was a white light coming through it; the brightest white, but the black was so dark the light didn't light up anything, it just swallowed the light. I then started to scream for help when the light in the room was switched on by my parents, I looked at them with relief and I noticed I hadn't gone anywhere, I was still sitting on the top bunk again.

My parents just put it down to a strange room, giving me bad dreams, but I know for sure those 2 experiences I was definitely awake, I had knocked the posters off the wall trying to feel my way around in the pitch black, and knocked off the blankets and almost the mattress. I have never had another experience like that since, and as far as I know there is no history to my parents house. My brother also experienced weird things, same with my parents, but they are stories for another time. I was happy to return to the bottom bunk, and my Grandad had recovered and gone back to his home a few hours away and I got my room back.

Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SarahsGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Judging by the ghost girl's reaction to you, I'm wondering if it perhaps wasn't some sort of time slip and she perceived YOU as the ghost. If not, then I find it ironic that a ghost would be scared of a person.:)
werewolfluv (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
I had somewhat of the same thing happen to me. One night I saw a girl with long black hair praying by my sister's bed. (my sis was sleeping) However I whispered "leave her alone" and never had the white light happen.
pigscantflyx (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
maybe it could be an alien! 😕 😕 😕 who knows look it up or something ask someone who knows those stuff
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
SarahsGhost- It sounds a little like astral projection where you couldn't feel anything like floating but I'm reaching as I have never heard of anything close to your experience. I hope things are better for you now. Thanks for sharing a unique experience for me to ponder on for awhile.

Champion

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: