You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: One Creepy Night

Real Ghost Stories

One Creepy Night

 

One night this past summer, my mom's friends invited my whole family over for a small get-together. It started out like any other night until one of my mom's friends, Danyel, suggested we go ghost hunting.

So everyone piled into three cars and we headed off. The first stop was at a run-down cemetery. We couldn't find any evidence of spirit/ghost activity, so we decided to leave. The second stop was at an abandoned house, and again, we found nothing. By this time, I was getting upset thinking that this night had been a waste, since we hadn't found anything. Then Jamie, another one of my mom's friends, said she knew of a house that was supposedly really haunted and it was clustered around some trees.

We decided to go there and we parked along side the road. The minute we got there we heard coyotes howling. My family and I decided not to go down to the house so we waited on the road. As we were waiting, strange things started to happen. There was a stop sign on the road and we kept seeing a blue light move around it. My sister and mom were a little scared so they shone there flashlight down to the sign. The light stopped and when she shut the flashlight off, we didn't see the strange blue light again.

That's when things got creepy. My mother called my aunt and I over because she heard some strange music. When we got to where my mom was standing we heard what sounded like Indian chanting, like at a pow-wow. I love pow-wow's, so I was listening closely. The coyote's started to howl again and my step-dad, Jeff, called every one that went down there to come back up, that we needed to leave.

When we got back to Jamie's house, her daughter, Miranda, started shaking uncontrollably. She told us that we were messing with the wrong stuff and that we should never go back to the house.

Since that night, we haven't gone back. I want too, but we just haven't found the time. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Chica22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chica22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
I don't suppose that you've got the geographical coordinates for this 'really' haunted house? As opposed to some, not quite so 'really' haunted houses?
Well I've never heard of coyotes and their howling as being part of a haunting before. That's a new one by me.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
coolcatfun: Yeah, this was the only place we went that night that scared me! 😊
coolcatfun (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
It must have been so awesome. I love ghost stories and don't get scared much, but this let a shiver down my spine!
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
bluefoxx01: Yes, I really want to go back. We will definitely do that... 😊
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
You should definitely go back, after all you haven't got to the bottom of the noises and lights, just take a few people with you, take a camera or camcorder with you. Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: