You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Cemetery Stories

Real Ghost Stories

Cemetery Stories

 

My family and my mom's friends love to ghost hunt. Back in August, we decided to go to a cemetery that is close to our home.

The cemetery was like any other cemetery when you walk in. But after dark, it's a little different. The first night my family went I decided not go. But when they got back, they had some stories to tell.

My mother, aunt, and cousin were walking into the cemetery when they all three experienced something unusual and strange. My mom felt like a piece of her hair was being ripped out of her scalp, my aunt and cousin felt someone touch there hands. Later that night, when they came home and told me, I have to admit I was intrigued. That's when another cousin of mine, Aaden, said something that shocked us all. He told us exactly what happened to my mom when he was no where around. You see, Aaden was sleeping in the car, so he had no way of knowing what had happened.

A few weeks after that, I decided to go with them. My sister, aunt, mom, and I were walking down the cemetery. We were careful around the gravestones, and we walked over to a dirt road that you can drive around the cemetery on. We were standing there and I started to shake, my teeth were chattering, and I had goosebumps. We started to walk along the road and we stopped and turned around. I saw a black shadow move behind a tree, but I kept my mouth shut. A few seconds later, my aunt said "Did you see that?" I asked "What?" She answered. "I just saw something move behind that tree!" By then we were a little creeped but it hadn't harmed us so we weren't really scared.

After that night, I've always wondered what my aunt and I saw. I just find it a little strange we saw the same thing at the same time. Well, thanks for reading everyone!

Other hauntings by Chica22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chica22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-14)
I think the shadow must be of watchman or any of your cousins trying to scare you but I am not sure. Iam glad that all of you were not harmed:-)
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Rough guess, that shadow may very well have been Aidan sliding behind whatever. And whose word do you have that Aidan was sound asleep in the car, as opposed to pretending to be asleep when folks' were around and slipping away to prank/pwn folks? OR for that matter listening to them chatter away about their experiences whilst driving home?
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
coolcatfun: Thanks, I appreciate that. 😊 It could've been, but I'm not exactly sure! I will, and thanks again!
coolcatfun (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Not a bad story. Were you sure it was not a shadow? Please write more stories!

Coolcatfun
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
troyarn: It's outside of Soldier. It's a very small cemetery on top of a hill 😊
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
What city is this in? I'd be interested to know... Maybe I've been there...
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
iLoveChocolates: Yes, I was thinking the same thing. It was a little scary but fun! 😊
ngute80 (220 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
I am in no way trying to take away from you and your familys' experiences. But maybe its a case of over active imaginations. When people ghost hunt they hope and expect to experience something, and that can lead to over active imaginations. Of course I could be wrong, but that is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.
iLoveChocolates (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
That must be a shadow or something? But wow! That's so scary to walk along the cemetery at night 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: