You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Man Hick

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man Hick

 

100 years ago, in the small town of Belle Vernon, PA., there was a farm called Cook's farm. A man worked there, and lived in a farm house for his rent on the farm. He would go about his normal day and do his work and go back to his house. One day he randomly dissapeared.

In the 1980's the local fire department used the house he lived in for simulating real life situations if a fire were to occur. So when the house was too burned to use aanymore they were going to burn the rest of the house. In the beasement they found a human skeleton. This skeleton was over 100 years old, thus Old Man Hick.

One day in the fields I put our cattle back in the barn and on my way back down the hill, the cattle came barreling down the hill. When I got them back in and I investigated what happened, I saw that the latch that closed the gate had been open, but I know that I closed it. Another day I was on top of my hill on the farm and my tractor started up on its own and started driving away then stopped. I ran down the hill and saw that the key had been sitting on the seat, but the tractor was obviously running.

I have annual camp outs on my farm, and when your out side and look on top of the highest hill you can see him standing there. Note HE IS ALWAYS ABOVE YOU. I tried to tell myself that I was not seeing it but when I walked up to the top, he was gone.

One night I saw him on the hill with an object in his hand it was a knife, that was the only time he has ever had a knife in his hand, so when I went to sleep and when I woke up the knife was laying next to me.

Ever since that day I have respected Old Man Hick.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vito_capozzi2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
He's always above you, except maybe when you have a camera lying about within arm's reach?

Sounds like an Urban Legend.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
I hope you haven't told anyone you know this lil tale...I'm hear to tell you "Don't do it Man!"
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
[at] Vito - ok. Please clarify for me (and everyone else): What's the connection between your farm and Cook's farm? Did you buy that old farm, is it nearby?

Don't fire stations usually thoroughly check out houses they plan on burning, in case homeless people are squatting there, or wildlife has made a home there, or, you know, there are corpse laying in plain sight?

Those couple of incidents are spooky, but when you see him standing on the nearby hill, how do you know it's not simply a neighbor?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
The Clue here is this quote from the story...

"I have annual camp outs on my farm"

Can you say 'Publicity'? Good I knew you could...

Respectfully,

Rook
minimom (50 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
[at] geetha50:

I agree!

It amuses me how some people think those of us who have a true belief in the paranormal will believe every "spooky" story that is told.

For me anyway, the more detail a story has, the less believable I find it. In most cases, people are scared or at least caught off guard when they encounter someone in spirit. Fear isn't very conducive to memory.

Oh well.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
Elephante81,
Let me have a piece of that BS blankie... 😆

Minimom,

I don't know if the urban legend had gone wild but it did go crazy. My 5 year old niece could come up with a better story (and much more believable)!
minimom (50 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
Urban legend gone wild? Probably.
We live on a haunted farm. Good thing our ghost is really laid back.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
I'm going to have to go ahead and call BS on this one... Sorry 😕 You make no clarification if you own the old man's farm or if it's in the area. Sounds like it was copied out of a story book

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: